Assisted Conception Thread :) *updated members list pg1*

hi ladies :wave:

can i join in? i just saw this thread. i have had a very hard timing finding a place where i feel like i belong since getting pregnant (i don't have any pregnancy threads that i belong to). i don't know if it is having to go through IF or something else but i feel like it is the former...

mrsg- congrats on the birth of your daughter! and i love the puppy in your signature, makes me smile when i scroll down the pages.

mars- i LOVE the nursery! so sweet! and your bump is gorgeous!

hi to everyone else.

Hey hopeful, welcome to the group and congrats! Mine is also a clomid baby. X

Thanks Dragon. I am assuming you meant you have a clomid baby too? We feel so lucky that clomid worked for us (it was a last ditch cycle before IVF) I just wished it worked for everyone else.......

i love the pic of your daughter in your siggi. so sweet and peaceful :D how is big brother adjusting?

Yes I meant clomid! Sodding phone..... Big bro Harry is getting there.... he's devoted to his sister and can't do enough for her. He hates Daddy at the minute (poor DH :( ) and just whinges to me when he doesn't get his own way. But he'll get there. I'd rather he blamed us than her! And she is a pretty chilled baby. *touching wood*

We were on our penultimate cycle before IVF which we would have had to pay for as we already have a child. (he was conceived naturally after 3 years off the pill)

Congratulations hopeful, it's all gone a not quiet on this thread I'm afraid, we've all either got our handsful with newborns or heavily pregnant!

Isobel is doing great, she is absolutely gorgeous. I'm knackered though, didn't have a nap yesterday and last night she was a pain again. Today we went to register her (Isobel Ruby), we were in town 6 hours, 2hours of that taken up with breast feeding! First stopped at library where I was directed to the disabled toilet before being offered a private room, how can you be expected to feed for 40 minutes stood up or sat on a toilet with no seat? Absolute madness! I'm just gonna have to get my boobs out in future!

Second time I fed in a corner of the pub we had lunch in which was better. I've over done it again today, which means I'll struggle again tonight, she is unsettled already, fed almost constantly between 7.30 and 10! She's asleep now so I think I ought to go to bed, I'll post when I feed again later.

i breast fed in the cinema today! was a mum and baby screening but still!

mrsg- i totally understand not being able to post much. it might be good for me as i can't keep up with fast moving threads. i really should not be logging in during work and don't always have time to sit on my laptop at night (no internet on my phone)... i love the name Isobel Ruby! :D Is the breastfeeding going well? i see that you are doing a lot of it, but i hope you are doing well with it as well. everyone says the first few weeks are very challenging but i am sure it is different when you are living it! and yeah, if i had the option of a nasty bathroom or just popping my boob out in the library, some people would be getting a free show while they read. :D

Hopeful, I was expecting two weeks of he'll with trying to establish breastfeeding, EVERYONE I know started breastfeeding then gave up, various reasons but mainly they say their milk didn't come in or it was too painful. Now I have a theory, I am quite small in the boob department, 34b pre pregnancy, 34d during and now, and I think this has helped, my boobs are not too overpowering and as a result she latches on well. I have got a couple of little sore bits but these are almost heeled. The feeling you get fro
Breastfeeding is the mist incredible ever, it's 2.51 am and I've been woken for a feed but her face is worth every second, it settles her immediately, she never cries for milk, I recognise the signs and feed her imediately. It's not easy spending 4.5 hours of the day with baby attached and each feed session takes an hour making planning your day eventful, but the time passed so quick, o just hope I can get into a routine before I go back in April! Getting out of the house for 8.30 is a distant memory, we only just made half ten yesterday!!!!

DM - when did Sophie do her cluster feeding? That's cool that the cinema do a mother and baby screening, I'll have to check it out, which brand cinema was it?

My daughter was so good in the night, one proud mummy!

Hopeful, how's your pregnancy been so far? Have you got your 20 week scan booked?

Well I can rain on the parade of your theory - I'm a 38GG and we're getting on dandy :rofl:

We had cluster feeding at 2 days, 10 days, 3 weeks so far. Plus some smaller episodes of it in between where she would be on the boob for several hours. but the main ones she would be on it ALL DAY. Funzles! However when she is back to normal feeding, it only takes 10-15 minutes now whereas at first it was an hour as she would be on and off the whole time.

Getting worried now as still nothing from Britt - not even on her fb page where you would expect to have messages from her "real life" friends. She would definately have had her by now as she would be 3 weeks past her due date.

hey all!! Am back from hospital now and babies are still on the right side of the belly so all is well! Actually had a lovely day in the hospital, the ward was nice and quiet so was just chilling out reading with my feet up! Guess it helps that I don't have any responsibilities at home but the rest really did do me good, came out with no back or pelvis pain at all and had a wonderful nights sleep last night as a result! So have learnt my lesson that the key is to really take it easy from here on in and not to do too much even if I feel well.

Sounds like you are all having a joyous time bonding with your babies even with the trials of breastfeeding! Good to know that it works on all sizes!! haha! My boobs STILL haven't increased from their puny 36b pre pregnancy size (wish I could say the same for my bum and thighs!!!) Have been waiting to order nursing bras feeling sure that they'll have a growth spurt eventually but as time goes on I'm not too sure!!

Welcome hopeful and congrats on your pregnancy! Wonderful that you didn't have to go as far as IVF in the end. Are you planning on finding out the flavour at your next scan?

I really hope that Britt just has her hands full with her wonderful kitten and so hasn't had time to update. Thinking of her lots.

Thinking of ahbon too, really hope everyone is well!

I went up from a G to a GG. Not a lot. They get huge when your milk comes in but that only lasts a couple of days.

do you think I'd be safe enough to get sized now then? Getting out and about is only going to get more difficult from here on in so don't want to leave it too late but then don't want to end up getting them too small! It's hard to know what to do?!

Hi everyone, I have not posted in a LONG time - I am so glad to see everyone is going well. Congraters on all the babies (Sophie! Isobel!). I am worried about Britt, I hope she is ok, but I know that I didn't post because I unfort had PPD - mild but still hard to think about posting. I hope Britt is just super busy.

Georgia is 12 and a half weeks now, its hard to believe it. The first 7 weeks were a nightmare to be honest - she was very fussy and very cranky all the time. Our ped finally told us to put her to bed at 6.30pm, and we did and we had a different kid the next day and its been puppies and sunshine since and she is now sleeping 6.30-6.30 most nights :) She has reflux too and now thats under control it makes a huge difference.

Re breastfeeding - it took ages for my milk to come in and we had to give her formula because she was starving (literally). When it finally came in it turns out she was refluxing off my breastmilk and it became unsustainable to eat only rice... not even kidding! So she is on hypoallergenic formula and we are all happy. My boobs went from 32D to a 36DD...

Hope everyone is well - keeping on Britt watch though.

Z
xx

mrsg- my pregnancy is going good so far. a few minor bumps in the road and MS but all in all, we doing great! :D i am on antibiotics now for bronchitis and sinus infection (yeah its summer, WTF) but should be ok before we leave for our babymoon on monday. i just hate taking drugs while preggo. poor baby. we are so excited for our trip though. we are going to mexico for a week with my SIL, BIL, nephew and niece. i can not wait! :D

dragon- wow double G! :shock: i have really been liking my D's. usually i am a small C. they grew right away and haven't changed much for a while now. did you guys have more growth in the third tri or after you started BFing?

mars- thanks! we are planning on not finding out :D we have gone back and forth but i think we are sticking to this. it will not be easy though! did you all find out or wait?

zeezee- congrats on the birth of Georgia. :D i am glad you guys have found a routine.

hope all you mama's have a lovely weekend.

i'm in northern IL, near fox lake (so way out chicago burbs). how about you?

i haven't meet very many IL people on here...

Hello from my hospital bed!!!!!! I managed to contract an infection so currently on intravenous antibiotics! Hoping to get out today but it's looking like it may be another overnighter, I'm feeling much better now and ready to go home.

Inlaws really taking piss now (excuse language) they were round at ours when I got took in to hospital so to be 'helpful' they went through my dirty washing bin and took my washing home - can a girl not have any dignity, I mean I've just given birth for god sake! I really did not want my dirty laundry manhandled by my inlaws!

Isobel doing great, I'm a bit worried about the effects of my antibiotics on her but fingers x she seems ok so far.

Mars, I went to mothercare to get measured up, they asked how many weeks I was, I don't think they would have been keen to do it before 38 weeks, I went last Wednesday, Isobel came last Friday, close call!!!! I did not increase any more and my 34d's fit fine even after my milk came in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->