Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

YAY!!! Hi KS!!

How far in are you at this point?

:hi: I am 1dp5dt, thanks for asking. We put back the only genetically normal embie we had from all 17. Its a little scary that we only had the one, but FXed we have lots of sticky dust for this LO. Come on sweeting!! Stay with us!!

Hi Ladies,
Joining you guys... I just had ER yesterday.. They retrieved 19 eggs and 12 fertilized this morning... Tentative transfer is on Friday :)

Wonderful news Want!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:(Sorry for playing catch up and being a little late on my congrats on your fert report)

ET all done with one blastocyst put in.

Two blasts frozen today and there are 6 embies that may blast tomorrow. If they do they will go in for freezing then - they're going to call us in the morning to let us know if any have made it.

Argh! What a stressful morning. Off to the couch to veg out. x

WOW!! Great news JJ! Snuggle in LO! And GL with the other blasts.

Yay, I got this in my email last night

Birth Control pill— Do not stop - Plan to continue on active birth control pills only at this time, (no sugar pills/no period). If you need refills please refill as needed.
8/26/12- Take last ACTIVE birth control pill and expect a period
08/31/12 Appt. -US/E2-If OK, start Estrogen
09/07/12 Appt.- US/E2-Lining check
09/14/12 Appt.- US/E2-Lining check
09/18/12-Possible Progesterone Start
09/21/12-Possible Embryo Transfer

Sounds like everything got straightened away Phantom! Congrats and what a wonderful thing you are doing!!

TLM, our schedules are still looking like they'll be really close! I just finished 10 days of BCP and am waiting for AF, then I start stimming with Follistim and Menopur.

Wantbaby, 12 is an awesome number! How was ER? What did you stim with?

I am on day 5 of Lupron for downregging. Waiting for AF to start so I can start stimming with Menopur.

Good luck? Did you have any bloating?

Yay, I got this in my email last night

Birth Control pill— Do not stop - Plan to continue on active birth control pills only at this time, (no sugar pills/no period). If you need refills please refill as needed.
8/26/12- Take last ACTIVE birth control pill and expect a period
08/31/12 Appt. -US/E2-If OK, start Estrogen
09/07/12 Appt.- US/E2-Lining check
09/14/12 Appt.- US/E2-Lining check
09/18/12-Possible Progesterone Start
09/21/12-Possible Embryo Transfer

Sounds like everything got straightened away Phantom! Congrats and what a wonderful thing you are doing!!

Thanks :) I am so excited to get this started. I wish I could move it up a week, I'd totally stop bcp today so i could move everything up.

YAY!!! Hi KS!!

How far in are you at this point?

:hi: I am 1dp5dt, thanks for asking. We put back the only genetically normal embie we had from all 17. Its a little scary that we only had the one, but FXed we have lots of sticky dust for this LO. Come on sweeting!! Stay with us!!

I just joined your journal so I am up to date! I agree with the other poster that she made it this far...she is a strong LO....So exciting! Good vibes for you :hugs:

Yay! Day 28 tomorrow and still no sign of AF, she better hurry up!! Have another RE appt tomorrow AM so hopefully he can tell me something!

Any news with you? Why are you adding Follistim to Menopur? I am just on Menopur. Never done this so all these drugs are new to me! :)

TLM, our schedules are still looking like they'll be really close! I just finished 10 days of BCP and am waiting for AF, then I start stimming with Follistim and Menopur.

I am on day 5 of Lupron for downregging. Waiting for AF to start so I can start stimming with Menopur.

Hey ladies had a check up today, I have 8 follicles ranging from 8-11 mm and E2 at 6.2. Nurse was happy and I'm back on Friday for another check up so we will see if I have anymore and hopefully bigger.

How u ladies getting?

I'm having some spotting today, so I'll either go in for an ultrasound tomorrow or on Friday morning. Hopefully will start stims Friday night. I honestly don't know the reasoning behind any of the drug choices..I know that they think I might be a poor responder, so maybe it's connected to that?

Hope AF hurries up for you!

Yay! Day 28 tomorrow and still no sign of AF, she better hurry up!! Have another RE appt tomorrow AM so hopefully he can tell me something!

Any news with you? Why are you adding Follistim to Menopur? I am just on Menopur. Never done this so all these drugs are new to me! :)

Hi ladies,
So I'm new to the IVF world. I've read your post & some success stories which has help to stay positive. We've been TTC since Nov 2010 on our own & started going to RE Oct 2011. Wish we hadn't waited so long to see RE but my gyno had suggested that we wait cause I'm still young. I thought listen lady id like to have more than one child we need to get moving. Wish I would've listen to my gut but I can't go back in time.*

As for this month...I started *bcp on cd 3. Taking it for 7 days, which tomorrow will be day 7. Then I have 3 days off before I start follistim (225 units) injections. Tomorrow I'm going to the doc for saline sono. Then back on Friday for bw & us.*

Look forward to getting BFP with the rest of you. :dust:*

Day 2 of stimms

egg collection 27th! xxx

Dancing, fx the next few days bring plumper follies and more of them! Can't wait to see how the next u/s goes!

Coz, how is stimming going for you?

Welcome Sunshine! Are you stimming with Follistim or is that n addition to something else?

Afm, cd28 today, had my appt with RE - he did an u/s and said everything looks perfect! Now if AF would rear her ugly head... They did bloodwork and my estrogen level was at 25.1, which is on the low side so AF should be starting soon! Can't wait! My RE also walked us through how to do Menopur! The needle is pretty big, so not looking forward to that! But I am sure it will be fine!!

Any other updates??

:hi: everyone! hope you're all having a sunny and wonderful afternoon.

Just checking in.

:hi: tlm. glad your appt went well. did they not give you another needle for the menopur? my kit had 2, one for mixing and the other for injection. the injection one was even smaller than the lupron needles. the menopur stings, so you should ask your nurse about the smaller needles.

Dancing, 8 all at 8-11 sounds good. they're all holding close together! they really started growing for me from day 8-10 of stims

Sept, it sounds like you and tlm are on different protocols but with same stim schedule. I think tlm, you and I were on similar protocols but our timing was different (we both did the luteal lupron down reg--SUCKED!!) What I know is that there are the two sides to IVF. Stimulation and ovulation control. So the BCP, lupron and antagonist are all part of controlling ovulation and the menapur, follitism, gonal f etc. are all on the stim side of things. I don't know if that helps at all...but its the big part of what is different between our various protocols.

:hi: sunshine good luck with the SIS :flower:

:hi: corinne exciting to have a day set already for EC!! :happydance:

also, did your teaching appts include the freedommedteach site? there are videos explaining how to do each medication. i needed an "rx number" to access the site, but you could see if you can access it here: https://www.freedommedteach.com/player/Videos.aspx

Ksluise, thanks for the info! Yes, I use two different needles for mixing and injecting Menopur. The one for injection is quite thin but it's probably close to 3" long. My Lupron ones are much smaller.

Did you really think Lupron was that bad?! I have had no issues with it! I think it disrupts my sleep but other than that no side effects. How much did you take? I am doing 20ius.

Sorry, I was so overwhelmed at my appointment, just looked at the needles again and they are maybe 2" for Menopur! :D

I did 20 units/day during downreg and then 5 during stims. Yeah, i had terrible fuzzy brain and short term memory loss...it got worse and worse until about day 3 of stims when i felt SO MUCH BETTER. I am also sensitive to the progesterone. I've been sleeping like 14 hours a day on it. But that is probably just me :)

My needle covers looked that big, but underneath the needle was 1/2". I hope that is what you have. :winkwink: The menopur stings, but if you let it sit for a few minutes after mixing that seemed to help.

Did you have to refrigerate your Menopur? From what I have seen online it seems to sting when it's cold. My doctor said not to refrigerate it, so I was hoping that would help. Did you ice it beforehand? I have also hear that that can help with the stinging.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->