Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

Hi sandy! What injections are you doing now? And what will you be stunning with?

I had shot number 4 last night of Menopur and still dont feel anything. My tentative schedule is retrieval a week from today (8.38) and then transfer a week from friday (8.31).

Im doing buserelin at the moment for 3 weeks then move on to menopur on 14/8 for 10 to 12 days. Glad to hear your not having any side effects from the menopur hopefully i will be the same.

All seems to be moving fast for you, its all exciting.

1 more week until my scan and then stims start the day after!!! 6 more bcp pills :)

Wow thats great news not long now. what are you stimming on?

Got my calender and all my appointments yesterday. Meds are supposed to be coming today in the mail! I was hoping for an estrogen patch, but I'll be doing injections.

Med List:

Estradiol Valerate (inject)
Estrace (tablet)
Endometrin: vag capsule
Progesterone Ethyl Oleate (inject)
Medrol Dosage Pack

Any tips/comments on any of them?

Wow thats great news not long now. what are you stimming on?

I'm doing microdose lupron as a stim for 2 days alone then adding 300 gonal f for a couple days then 150 menopur. :happydance: I'm ready for the sticking to begin!!

Good luck all you girlies getting ready to stim! Phantom, I don't know anything about any of those medicines. I downregged on Lupron and am stimming with Menopur! So far so good for me, no side effects - so much so that I am wondering if it's working... Lol!

Hi MoBaby! Good luck with your scan!

Phantom- When are you starting your injections?

Tlm- good to hear you are not having side effects.

As for me - My saline sono and trial transfer is tomorrow. [-o< they do not find any abnormalities (polyps etc) and that all can move forward so I can start injecting beginning September!

Hi Sandy- How is everything?
Sunshine- How did saline sono go?

All set for my ER this morning just getting ready to leave for the hospital I'll be sure to come back on later and let u all know how I got on.

Hope u are all doing well.

Good luck DancingDiva!! Sending lots of positive vibes your way!! Hope everything goes perfectly!

Good luck DancingDiva hope everything goes well will be looking forward to your response on how it went. :happydance:

AFM - Doing fine with the down reg injections, only 2 days but feeling positive definitely helping know all you girls are going through the same thing! Has any of you thought about going for a 3 or 5 day transfer? We have been told we can decide which we do obviously it will all depend on the quality of eggs but can decide to got for a 3 day with 2 embies or 5 day with 1 embie, wondering if any on has any advice with regards to this?:confused:

Sandy - The way my clinic does 3-day and 5-day transfers depends on how many eggs they have at 3 days. If they have 4 or more they will wait until 5 days and transfer 2! I think if we only make it to 3 day they let us transfer 3 embies but I don't think I would ever do this especially on my first ivf. I scared to even transfer 2!

I think the thought is that a 5 day blast is more developed and has more of a chance of implanting than a 3 day transfer but I know of plenty of girls on here who got pg with 3 day embies. It is a really personal decision...and unfortunately nobody can really say how your body will react to individual embies.:hugs:

Here are a couple discussions I found on different forums :
https://www.fertilethoughts.com/for...360107-3-day-transfer-verses-5-day-blast.html

https://www.dcurbanmom.com/jforum/posts/list/149625.page

Hope this helps!

Good luck DancingDiva hope everything goes well will be looking forward to your response on how it went. :happydance:

AFM - Doing fine with the down reg injections, only 2 days but feeling positive definitely helping know all you girls are going through the same thing! Has any of you thought about going for a 3 or 5 day transfer? We have been told we can decide which we do obviously it will all depend on the quality of eggs but can decide to got for a 3 day with 2 embies or 5 day with 1 embie, wondering if any on has any advice with regards to this?:confused:
Hi there

I had a 5dt 8 days ago and I have a very faint BFP today and yesterday (cautious optimism!). My clinic in London will try to get 3 day embies to 5 day blasts if they can but it depends on the quality of them and the number of eggs retrieved/fertilised. There is a greater risk of losing some between day 3 and 5 (think I had 9 on day 3 that went down to 4 blasts in total). The UK is very focussed on reducing multiples and aim for single transfers if it can so my clinic only put one embie back in and the other 3 were frozen (may do 2 if you're over 40 I think). You will need to be guided by the embryologist over the days of incubation. I got a call every couple of days re how they were doing and they make the judgement call on the morning of day 3 (assuming you have quite a few fertilised) as to whether to try to get them to blast for a day 5 transfer. Argument for a 5 day transfer is that they're further along the development chain.

Good luck! X

Thanks Lilly and Jules for your advice. Think i am going to look to try and have a 5 day blast as you both said its more developed so more of a chance of taking. As you said Jules the uk is trying to reduce multiple births so clinic is hoping to do 5 day blast if possible. As you say its all depends on the embies at the time so pointless worrying at the mo.

Congratulations Jules on your faint :bfp: i know it is still early but must be great to see that. FX for you.

Lilly how you doing?

xx

Hey ladies, back home slightly sore and tired however good news got 15 eggs and ICSI will be performed this afternoon so fingers crossed.

15 eggs - you must be thrilled!:dust::dust::dust: Lots of baby dust Dancing!

15 eggs is really good. Not long to go now!!! Lots of Baby Dust :dust: x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"