Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

Thanks Lilly! Fx that the hey are excellent quality and all fertilize! I am to call the nurse tomorrow afternoon to get a report on what's happening! Yes, if icsi is needed we already signed th consent forms to authorize them to do it! I guess I will know more tomorrow. Why does this process have to be so cruel!?

FX'd tlm!!! I will be praying all three develop into strong embies. :dust:

Can I join? I just started my bcp for I've to be endish so september! I had to save for this and am so happy to be starting finally!

tlm - Fingers crossed all 3 embies will grow. Sending lots of positive thoughts your way!!

Hey Pickle - of course you can join! I'm kind of at the tail end of these ladies myself. I will begin my Lupron injections on Sunday. FX'd for you.

Thanks, Lilly! I just got over the shock of the med cost! My doctor seriously underestimated the cost since I am paying out of pocket and new I had to save up I asked how much they thought it would be so I could budget. They said 2k... yesterday pharmacy called and said ok 4k... yeah not ready for that! I have gotten it down to $3,500 and am just going to charge it but man what a shock! But I know it will be worth it once I see that BFP and then hold my baby in my arms :)

Yes - I feel you about the sticker shock. Tomorrow DH and I have our Nurse Consultation where we will pay up for this cycle (9.8k) and tomorrow evening we will be ordering our meds online which I expect will be about 4k. It will definitely be worth it tho!

Good luck, I have just noticed I was sat in the same co-ord appointment as you in hammersmith lol.
We are starting next week, so not too far behind yourself. We have to travel over from Germany so our first scan in between day8-10 from first injection.
How have you found hammersmith so far?
That is really really freaky!! Good luck to you too! I had my first scan this morning and had 7 follicles which is less than I hoped for but the doc seemed perfectly happy and didn't up my stim dose so I guess that's ok. I have another scan on Friday. I have found that the whole experience feels a little bit like I'm just one patient on a long conveyer belt and they're always hurrying. That said, if that's the approach that makes it free on the NHS then I can't complain. So far my experience has been positive enough that I would go there again. Right now I just don't know how to feel about it all! Don't worry about the stims, I was really nervous but it is so easy! X

Good luck, I have just noticed I was sat in the same co-ord appointment as you in hammersmith lol.
We are starting next week, so not too far behind yourself. We have to travel over from Germany so our first scan in between day8-10 from first injection.
That is really really freaky!! Good luck to you too! I had my first scan this morning and had 7 follicles which is less than I hoped for but the doc seemed perfectly happy and didn't up my stim dose so I guess that's ok. I have another scan on Friday. I have found that the whole experience feels a little bit like I'm just one patient on a long conveyer belt and they're always hurrying. That said, if that's the approach that makes it free on the NHS then I can't complain. So far my experience has been positive enough that I would go there again. Right now I just don't know how to feel about it all! Don't worry about the stims, I was really nervous but it is so easy! X

Thank you x
7 follicles is really good, your much better having a few really good quality eggs rather then loads of average/low quality eggs. Did you have any blood tests? Do you have any idea of measurements or when they will do collection?
I feel from being referred to the hospital to now very quick but like you just on there conveyer belt and a patient number not a person. Nobody seems to explain anything, even when I have asked the questions like why the short protocol or why such a low dose etc, I just get the answer "cause that's the way it is"! I also felt the co-ord appointment wasn't very great, I had flown over from Germany and paid for 2 nights in a hotel for something my nurse friend could of told me much better lol, but I did get my meds which I couldn't of here.

I think I was expecting to be given one of them little cushion things to practice the injection on in front of a nurse to get the feel for it and make sure I'm doing it right, rather then testing it on myself for the first time

I'm not looking forward to my next hotel bill of up to 2 weeks in London plus eating etc, oh well, will do anything to have a baby.

Thanks Lilly! Fx that the hey are excellent quality and all fertilize! I am to call the nurse tomorrow afternoon to get a report on what's happening! Yes, if icsi is needed we already signed th consent forms to authorize them to do it! I guess I will know more tomorrow. Why does this process have to be so cruel!?

Fingers crossed you get some good news today and your 3 embies are doing great x

Hi,
I had 7 follicles showing on each scan last week. EC happened yesterday in London. They retrieved 6 eggs and rang today to say 3 have fertilized. Lots of people say that fewer eggs can mean better quality. I hope this helps.
Best wishes to you x x x

I am praying that fewer means better!

Welcome pickle!! I had no idea how much you guys paid for IVF until recently, it's CRAZY. I have a coworker doing it and they were able to order their meds from overseas and it was a lot cheaper. It runs around 5k for just the meds here, and then of course alll the procedures are expensive too. Fx'd for a great cycle. I've just came off BCP and will be starting injections on Friday.

Side note to all of you--- did you have your first ultrasound while on your period? I asked as since I've come off bcp, the :witch: is here, and my clinic says that's what they want. I don't want to think about bleeding everywhere during my ultrasound tomorrow.

Phantom, while I was on clomid I had u/s on cd3. They were checking to make sure I didn't have any unresolved cysts before I started taking clomid again. I know it sounds embarrassing but they do it all the time! They will put a pad underneath you so you don't bleed all over! Good luck!

thanks tlm :) I just thought it was so odd, I know they know what they're doing, but...bleh. How are you?

Thanks Phantom! I checked into a few other pharmacies and got it down $500 so that is something at least!

When I did my IUI's I always had to get an ultrasound CD3 as well. Like tlm said they are so used to it! I would have tampon in and then take out right before I went in and that usually helped as well and I wouldn't have too much blood. But they put the pad down too so it doesn't get everywhere! But is really odd the first time you do it! Good luck starting injections! :)

Phantom, I am hanging in there. Thanks for asking! So disappointed in only 3 eggs at ER yesterday but I will have a better idea today after I get the fertilization report. Fx!!

tlm-
You only need one :) But, I understand the disappointment. My IPs (intended parents) only have 6 frozen embies left, so they are trying to decide how many to thaw. they are afraid to thaw too few and none survive or thaw too many and have to try to re-freeze (which I believe doesn't always work?) Keep us posted :) xx

pickle-- that's great you got it down so cheap! thanks for the encouragement :) It'll be CD4 for me, and I hope it'll be lighter. CD2 and today was pretty heavy. I am lucky to work at the hospital so I was thinking of doing what you said. I'll take the tampon out right before and then as soon as we're done, go put one back in.

To those of you in the us - where did you find was the cheapest place? I heard Alexanders or Schaffs? Thx....we will be purchasing meds tonight or tomorrow.

I live in the US but got my meds from ivfmeds.com

They were very easy to deal with! You can check out their website and they list the prices for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->