Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

Hey I had a scan today; CD 10 but day 8 of stims (only had 7 done when had scan).... there were 5 over 10mm and a bunch smaller ones- the count was still the same (23)... I was expecting more over 10 mm today and am highly disappointed. But I asked the nurse and she said I was the same last cycle and we did get more. I think most of the smaller ones were around 9ish or so (and then some obvious ones which are not going to catch up)... I go in on Sunday. I am praying my ovaries wake up now and start making those follicles grow! I am afraid that those 5 are dominant and will suck up all the meds :( My E2 is on the low side but similar to last cycle. I go Sunday for a scan and blood work again. My RE didnt call to change the dose of meds or anything so maybe they see something I dont. I just wish this was my first round because I was so nieve on the whole subject and I had no clue. But there is nothing I can do from here. My RE will do the scan on Sunday so I will ask him about the count then. I think I may even ask why they didnt bump my meds up with my low E2 and small follicles the other day. IDK. They are the experts. I need to let them do their job I suppose.

tim, I second lily I commend you for waiting. I'm still undecided if I will or not.

Seh, when are you supposed to test?

tim, I second lily I commend you for waiting. I'm still undecided if I will or not.

Seh, when are you supposed to test?

Testing on Thursday 13th sept. I am not ready for a negative (false or otherwise). I was sure yesterday that it had worked and now I am worrying again. Up and down like a yogi.

Hey I had a scan today; CD 10 but day 8 of stims (only had 7 done when had scan).... there were 5 over 10mm and a bunch smaller ones- the count was still the same (23)... I was expecting more over 10 mm today and am highly disappointed. But I asked the nurse and she said I was the same last cycle and we did get more. I think most of the smaller ones were around 9ish or so (and then some obvious ones which are not going to catch up)... I go in on Sunday. I am praying my ovaries wake up now and start making those follicles grow! I am afraid that those 5 are dominant and will suck up all the meds :( My E2 is on the low side but similar to last cycle. I go Sunday for a scan and blood work again. My RE didnt call to change the dose of meds or anything so maybe they see something I dont. I just wish this was my first round because I was so nieve on the whole subject and I had no clue. But there is nothing I can do from here. My RE will do the scan on Sunday so I will ask him about the count then. I think I may even ask why they didnt bump my meds up with my low E2 and small follicles the other day. IDK. They are the experts. I need to let them do their job I suppose.

Good luck and I hope those follicles get their butts in gear and plump up! As long as they get there I wouldn't worry. Will they have you stim longer? I know it's hard, but I would try to trust your dr, like you say they are the experts! It's hard though! Can't wait to hear how things turn out tomorrow at your scan!! :)

Seh, I am right there with you! Today I have some mild cramping, like AF. Have you had this?

Anyone else had cramping a week before beta??

I have had cramps all week on and off. Today I have very mild nausea and occasionally a very mild sensitivity in my nipples. It feels like I have butterflies in my tummy for long periods of time and although I have been extra hungry all week, today I seem to have lost my appetite. It could all be down to the Progestorone but I am praying that it is early pregnancy symptoms.
My first pregnancy ended in m/c but began with rock solid painful boobs at about 6 weeks. That was the first I knew.
For My second pregnancy which was successful, I bled for the entire first trimester and had no idea. So I am totally confused right now about how to interpret things.

Seh, I have very painful boobs now too but I thought it was due to PIO injections... The butterflies sound promising, I have heard a lot of women describe that as a sign of pg!! Fx!!

I wish I had painful boobs as I would feel more confident but like I said it is very very mild and barely noticeable right now. Mind you, it was six weeks in the first time so why would I feel it at this stage? Just desperate for confirmation but too scared to test. Ridiculous really. I think your symptoms sound promising also and surely for us the symptoms would start around now as hcg should be beginning to enter our systems.

Both of your symptoms sound really promising. I have a good feeling for both of you.

I know we haven't had retrieval or transfer yet but I have those up and down feelings of it is going to work, and then no it isn't going to work. It is just because we want it so bad!!!

I will probably stim 2-3 more days.

For those of you who have been stimming for a while, how long is it before you feel anything? I'm on day 3 and I feel nothing.

Snow bunny, I stimmed for 9 days and never felt anything really. I got a tad bloated towards the end and that was it. I also only had 9 follicles (3 eggs at ER) so that might have had something to do with my lack of discomfort! :) lol

Thanks tlm. I have no idea what I should be feeling. I am getting some headaches but that could be because I've given up caffeine. How are you feeling?

tlm - How r u doing? When is your beta... r u planning on testing early?

Snowbunny, I had a couple of headaches towards the end of stimming too. Its totally normal!!

Wantbaby, I am doing well! Feeling really good, trying so hard not to symptom spot but have noticed some mild cramping today, not bad. My beta is on Thursday and dh and I have decided to not test before then! Eek!! I actually feel less stressed since making that decision, I am not worried about what I will see on that white stick! Lol!! And I have given in every ther time and tested beforehand so we will see what happens!!

How is everyone else doing??

Snowbunny, I stimmed for 10 days & didnt feel a thing. The only time I got a headache was the morning after the first inj.

tlm, are you going in for blood work to check your estrogen & progesterone levels? When are you testing? I had one today, another appt Tuesday & then testing on Saturday.

tlm, you're only 5 days away from finding out! How exciting!!! Did you have a 3dt? 5dt?

Sunshine, yep I went in while stimming to have estrogen tested and then after ET I had my progesterone tested! Next week I have my pregnancy test! Are you continuing to have hormone levels tested post transfer?? Can't wait for a week from today for you!! Are you testing at home early?

3 day transfer for me! Transferred 3 embryos that were all between 6 & 8 cells!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->