Aug / Sept IVF UPDATED ROLE CALL (9.19.12 - AM)

Thanks Ladies, I started my stims yesterday. I am a little bloated today, but that can also be from the lurpon. I am so excited to finally get the ball rolling!

How are you ladies doing?

:happydance::happydance::happydance: Yey bring on the eggies

Lupron really makes you bloat I have been on it for 6 weeks I have gone up 2 dress sizes lol boooo but it's all for a good cause :hugs:

I start Lupron tomorrow! Eek!! I am excited to get started, but nervous about how I will react to all the meds! :)

Tlm- I'm more worried about the needles! I am deathly afraid of them! Do people have terrible reactions to the medication?

Lilly, yes the needles rent pleasant although I kind of feel like I have been poked and prodde enough the last 2 years so. I am more worried about dh giving me the shots!! Lol!!

I don't know if people,have bad reactions to the meds. I have heard that the injection sites get really sore, but other than that it seems like most cases are isolated issues! I probably freak out too much about it! I caught myself today telling a friend that I might not be able to do something because of the shots! And I had to stop myself!!! I don't want to set myself up for that! I need to think that I will be fine!!

Aww tim I'm sure you will be fine :hugs:

I will be doing my own injections I think of it like if you have a plaster on that needs pulling off I would rather do it my self than someone else pull it of lol
I'm quite looking forward to starting the daily injections the lupron I'm on at the moment was a huge needle and it lasts for 12 weeks but she said the daily ones are much smaller and to be honest the big one didn't hurt until after it was more like a brushed feeling but didn't last long :)

I probably freak out too much about it! I caught myself today telling a friend that I might not be able to do something because of the shots! And I had to stop myself!!! I don't want to set myself up for that! I need to think that I will be fine!!

I do the same thing!! We will be fine!
I haven't even started shots yet and recently I told a friend me and dh couldn't take a road trip to see her in a neighboring state this weekend stating "I need to rest" She thought I must be in the middle of my cycle:haha: I realized what I was doing was silly... and that I really wanted to see her. Her and her DH are big wine connoisseurs, I will only have a half a glass of wine instead of sharing a bottle like we usually do.:haha: I think I was in the end more afraid of being a party pooper or debbie downer.

Aww tim I'm sure you will be fine :hugs:

I will be doing my own injections I think of it like if you have a plaster on that needs pulling off I would rather do it my self than someone else pull it of lol
I'm quite looking forward to starting the daily injections the lupron I'm on at the moment was a huge needle and it lasts for 12 weeks but she said the daily ones are much smaller and to be honest the big one didn't hurt until after it was more like a brushed feeling but didn't last long :)

I'm not so worried about the daily pen shots as I am about the huge PIO shots. I will be injecting myself with the pen....but when it comes to those horse shots I will have to close my eyes and let dh take over. I may pass out:wacko:

Wanabe, wow!!!!! You are doing your own shots?! That is amazing! I thought some were in the butt / high hip area?! How do you do them there?

I am glad to hear that the daily Lupron shots aren't with horse needles! Phew!! :) I will find out soon enough I guess, dr appt in about an hour!

How is everyone else doing?? Where are you in your cycle??

The injections are not as bad as you think. I've gotten used to them and I havent been reacting bad at all, so far. I went to for b/w today just to check E2 levels, praying its where it should be at this point. Today is day 3 of stims.

Yay oneof14!!! Hoping for good numbers!!

The shot wasn't bad at all! The injection site started feeling hot and stinging 10 minutes after, but that only lasted a couple of minutes! Now I just hope AF starts on time (or early!)

Oneof14 - whereabouts do you live in NYC? DH and I spent our first year of marriage there while he got his masters at NYU. We lived in The Village! I loved it and have been missing it lately!!!!!!

I lived in Chelsea on 24th street @7th Avenue from 1997-2001!! I love the Villlage my ex lived right on Bleeker Street. I'm from the Midwest but attended FIT and worked in the fashion industry after. Love and miss NYC.

tlm- how did your doctor appt go?

Wanabe, wow!!!!! You are doing your own shots?! That is amazing! I thought some were in the butt / high hip area?! How do you do them there?

I am glad to hear that the daily Lupron shots aren't with horse needles! Phew!! :) I will find out soon enough I guess, dr appt in about an hour!

Well I asked the nurses and she said only the trigger shot goes at top of the thigh or butt so I will cross that bridge when I come to it :haha:
At my clinic they give progesterone via pesery so I hopefully won't get those nasty ones but I think I will be ok with it I've had surgery twice on my tummy within 12 months and had so many tests and needles I'm over it lol I have quite a good pain threshold and I also don't have a choice OH is very squeamish and terrified of needles so he won't do it and I'm not telling anyone else lol

Good luck oneof14 :happydance:

Can I join? I will be starting meds as a Surrogate this month, although the exact date is still up in the air thanks to a legal snag.

Welcome Phanton! Wow surrogacy - what a lovely gift!:flower:

Wanabea - I wish my clinic gave peseries for the Progesterone. Those are the big mother shots! Ok...I will stop with the shot talk nowFreaking out myself and others.:winkwink:

Wanabea - I wish my clinic gave peseries for the Progesterone. Those are the big mother shots! Ok...I will stop with the shot talk nowFreaking out myself and others.:winkwink:

The thought of sticking a bullet up my ass is scaring me more than the needles lol:haha:

Wow phantom :kiss: what a beautiful thing to do :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->