August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Hey Joo! Hey Sweetie!

Joo: hope all is well on your end. It can be hard to catch up sometimes. I have another thread I am in and by the time I wake up there is 4 more pages to read through. I treat it like my morning paper :haha:

Sweetie: oooh 25 weeks!! Congrats!! How exciting for the 4D. Hopefully you find out the gender!! I request pics from you too!! :D

Hey girls, I'm still checking in to see how you're all doing, can't believe how close some of you are now to meeting those rainbows!

It's still not sinking in that things might work out for me this time, but I've got my 20 week scan tomorrow. Still not decided if we're going to find out gender or not although I'm almost positive it's a boy. I'm kind of hoping it goes like last time and they just don't ask if we want to know, and DH forgets to ask!

Glad things are going well sweety and bubbles.

I will try to post u/s pics soon when I figure out how.

I will post pics for sure. Hope everyone else is doing fine?

I'm almost 31 weeks now, can't believe it. Had a growth scan yesterday and he seems to be doing well.

Joo! How are you doing?! Goodness me, i cannot believe how close you are - how are you feeling?!

Bubbles, how did your 20w scan go? I know why you mean about not believing it - I still don't and still worried something will happen but doing everything I can to be positive and take care of myself!

Aayla, how are you?

Sweety, yay for 4d scan - any pics? My 30w growth scan pics are just as rubbish as the rest of them have been! X

I'm doing really well. have the doc appt today to get anti-depressants. My fertility doc said i can go on any but one in regards to letrozole. I already have one in mind that should work.

I won't be taking it until after my ovulation time though. Can't risk anything bumping that. I am so close. CD 14 today! cm is changing and my bbs are tingly. I'm super emotional and cranky. I swear it would be af or pregnancy if I didn't know better. lol Now I start testing opk's 3x a day. Last night at 8pm it was the darkest I have seen. Still very much negative but it actually had decent colour to it.

Scan went ok thanks Mrsmac, was nice to have a straightforward one with no issues for once!

Here's my latest pic

https://i1256.photobucket.com/albums/ii497/kcbubbles82/Mobile%20Uploads/5A390944-76E7-4A00-9C18-4125162CE8A9.jpg

Oh yay!! Beautiful baby!

Well as I walked to work I noticed I had a bit if something in my chest. And I am a bit stuffed up. I really hope it is allergies and me not being sick again. I popped a bunch of vitamin C and took some allergy meds. We shall see how the day goes.

Ooh good luck for ov Aayla! Keep us posted! The month I conceived this time was the first +OPK I had since starting to use them. And right before it I had a noticeable second line were normally I'd have nothing. So I have everything crossed for you!

Bubbles what a gorgeous pic!! Chuffed to bits all is well :happydance:

Mrsmac, still have to wait because scan in on Monday. 31weeks? wow. Did ben was born natural or c-section? Any birth plans?

Bubbles, what agorgeous baby. I am glad to hear that everything went well. It's a relief to hear when you are holding breathe while doc is doing his stuff isn't it.

Aayla, good luck hun.

Hi sweety, Ben was natural, with a little help from a ventouse for the last bit when he got stuck. I'm hoping this one comes out a bit easier than he did! It was pretty crazy at the end because he was distressed.

No firm plans really, hopefully labour will be spontaneous again this time and I can just stay at home until I feel like it's heating up then head to hospital. I have a high BMI so they recommend an epidural as there's more chance of things like shoulder distocia and/or that I'll need intervention (ie forceps or ventouse).

Anyway, hoping I won't need that this time and he comes out easily of his own accord!! Stitches were tough last time 😱

What about you, any birth plans so far? X

I am good thanks, most of the pregnancy has gone fast because we were caring for a family member who had a nasty accident so we just didn't have time to concentrate on the pregnancy, I missed a couple of midwife appointments and didn't start buying things/preparing until about a month ago! Things are settling down now and thankfully I am sorted with washing and other preparations (more so than i was with DD), so just waiting now! Thought things were starting to happen today but was a false alarm.

Bubbles danser and sweety, congratulations! I hope all is going well :)

Mrsmac I hope the last part of your pregnancy passes quickly :)

Aylaa I hope you can get some counselling on your husbands insurance.

Holy crap Joo. I didn't realize you were ready to go!! Oh man. How exciting!!

AFM: I can tell I am about to ovulate. I have horrible pms type symptoms. I'm totally breaking out, I'm cranky and just short tempered BUT at the same time...I was watching John Oliver on youtube and he did this short skit on 50 Shades of Grey and he was talking about how he wants to be in the sequel. I was thinking this is a good idea. :winkwink: :blush: :haha:

Oh man. what our hormones to do to us.

So close now Joo, good luck when it all happens! Last time I saw updates from you was when you were down about finding out gender, how are you with that side of things now if you don't mind me asking? I was too scared to even find out at my scan as I felt guilty about the idea of feeling disappointed at all! (Really hope this doesn't offend anyone, I know gender disappointment can be easily misinterpreted and is a pretty sensitive subject).

Aayla sorry about the PMS but good luck for ovulation time!

Mrsmac I haven't thought much about birth plans etc this time, but also hoping things go as smoothly as last time. Don't want to get my hopes up too much though as I've had a few close friends recently who all ended up with planned C sections due to baby's position. I really hate the idea of c section or being induced, but it's brought it home that it's really out of my control even though things were straightforward last time, nothing is guaranteed.

That's so exciting Joo! You'll have the first rainbow, hopefully the first of many! Can't wait to hear all about it!

Aayla, that's awesome that ov is close - have everything crossed for a successful month!

I hear ya bubbles! You never know what's going to happen so you? I just want baby and I to be safe and healthy. Quite anxious about labour this time but been listening t hypnobirthing again as it kept me pretty calm first time round. Knowing what's coming is worrying me though 🙈

I know what you mean Mrsmac, I thought second time round would be easier but knowing what to expect makes it more daunting in a way!

Thanks. I am worried it won't happen. I am testing with opk's 3x a day. It is promising today as my smu one had a line. Usually it is too diluted to see anything at all. Second test had a line as well. Still very negative but yesterday the first 2 barely showed anything. Now I wait for my last one which will be in about 4 hours.

I have just never had my temps so stable nor have I had all these symptoms. I even took a pregnancy test just to make sure some fluke didn't happen (although that would have been awesome).

And of course today we tried to dtd this morning but hubby was too tired from work so I cancelled my plans to make sure I was home for when he wakes up but he has insomnia and took a sleep aid just so he could get 4.5 hours of sleep so he can work. Don't think it will happen tonight. So that has me worried I will O early and not have enough deed done. Lol

Bah. I think too much. Lol

I want a boy. I have never had a desire to raise a girl. I assume I will be happy with whatever.

My mom had a freak out when my sister was born. They were told they were having a boy. But she came out a girl and she started freaking out about how my step-dad was going to leave her because she didn't give him a son.

There is a section on here for gender disappointment. It is by approval only to get in so they don't get trolls.

Yeah I've been in that section of the forum for a while, not sure if it's that helpful for me, I posted a few weeks ago but didn't get many replies. I don't even like the term gender disappointment as it makes it sound like you're disappointed in the baby you're having which usually isn't the case at all, just feel like you lost the chance to have whichever gender you had more preference for. I'm sure most people have a preference one way or the other, even if they don't admit it, but I'm sure everyone quickly falls in love with whichever they are blessed with once the little bundles arrive.

I don't even like the term gender disappointment as it makes it sound like you're disappointed in the baby you're having which usually isn't the case at all, just feel like you lost the chance to have whichever gender you had more preference for.

Bubbles you've just summed up exactly how I felt but couldn't put it as succinctly as you have. I wasn't disappointed I was having a boy, But disappointed it wasn't a girl and I had to let go of that image of two sisters in my head as well as all of DD's baby clothes that I'd hoped to use again. I was so frightened of feeling disappointed and then of course the guilt over not feeling happy. I'll never forget my OH's face after the scan when he said "you're really disappointed aren't you?" He was gutted :( i agree, the gender disappointment forum was not really very helpful for me either. I also played with the idea of not finding out the gender but OH really wanted to know and I kept having visions of me being handed a boy and feeling disappointment so I needed to get that out of the way sooner rather than later. Bubbles how do you feel now? I'd like to hope the fear of disappointment turns to curiosity and then excitement as the due date approaches :flower:

I'm really excited to be having a boy, and now I've had a long time to think I realised I was negative about the pregnancy full stop, the gender is just what I'd pinned that negativity on. I couldn't be excited for the first 12 weeks because I was scared of mmc again, then at 16 weeks as I'd just started to feel positive, the midwife said they picked up GBS in a swab- I think it was the way she delivered the information and told me to look it up online, I just felt doomed and felt like I'd lost any control I might have had over the birth and I'd end up with a very poorly baby. Then not long after that I had my 20 week scan which showed I'm carrying a boy and over the next few weeks I felt really down. We had a lot going on since then and a lot of the time I seemed to forget I was pregnant. The turning point was when we bought a new pram a few months back, and everything started to settle for us about a month ago so we have been able to prepare, buy stuff and wash stuff and tidy the house up. I'm feeling really positive now.

I'm with you ladies feeling worried because I know what's to come, I was ready to get it all over with until I had some pains yesterday. OH wanted to dtd and it took all I had not to recoil in horror :haha: I was scared to do it in case it sent me in to labour (we did and I'm not).

Good luck for O aayla xx

Mrsmac I'm regretting not trying hypnobirthing, I was really interested in giving it a go early on. I'm glad it's helping for you x

Sorry for the massive post. I'm still trying to catch up with everyone's posts but thanks all for the well wishes.

And we are having a :blue:
After much wait we finally could see baby properly and his wee bits :lol:. Although, the technician was not allowed to say anything she was pretty helpful and tried very hard to get full face of baby. But, baby was lazy bum and was sleeping. I even tried to have coke and see if he could change position but, instead he flipped face down. Anyways, I am happy that finally we could get to raise one of each.

Attachments

• DSC_3286.jpg
    DSC_3286.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_3283.jpg
    DSC_3283.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 0
  • DSC_3290.jpg
    DSC_3290.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online