August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Mrsmac, mine would be c-section so don't have much choice. They will operate probably in 37-38weeks. I hope the hypnobirthing helps you feel relax and you have same experience as ben.

Joo and Bubbles, I understand your feelings. The term is totally wrong it's not gender disappointment but, just wish that couldn't be fulfilled. I never imagined myself having a boy but, when last time at 21 weeks doctor told me it might be a girl or boy abdI saw the wee bits, my heart totally changed. I was more open to idea of having a boy. I have kept dd's clothes and wanted to use them but, it also excites me to buy new outfits for different gender.

Aayla, remember only one is enough to get you preggy. So, don't beat yourself up for not having a sex on daily basis.

Well no temp spike and no positive opk so I am feeling better about timing. We still have time.

That's good Aayla, hopefully won't be long! With this baby, we DTD about an hour after I ovulated and managed to catch the eggy!

Joo, bubbles, I'm so with you!! I was pretty sure I was having a girl this time because I felt so vastly different at the start (very sick vs no sickness whatsoever with DS). So when they said boy at 16w I was kinda shocked and also a bit bummed. But as I've gotten used to the idea, I am delighted!

Hypnobirthing helped immensely last time, even though I didn't start it til about 32 weeks. Even listening to it 2/3 times I started to feel a lot more relaxed about it. Just the fact it got me through early stages of labour at home was enough for me! By the time I got into hospital, I was 6cm dilated so was delighted I made it that far without medication.

Sweety, you can get hypnobirthing sessions for planned sections and post natal recovery too - if you google Maggie Howell you can see what's available on audio, that's how I do it - bought the CDs off eBay and copied them onto iTunes then uploaded to my phone. I listen in bed at night before DH comes to bed (by which time I'm usually asleep 😂). I think you can get them directly off iTunes now x

Mrsmac, thanks for advice I will definitely ask my doctor here. I am not sure whether It's allowed here in Japan or not specially in hospital I am planning to deliver.

I am surprised too for having boy. I kind of thought you have more chances of having same gender but, was ashocked to see boy bits. Still getting my head around it and I am happy we get to raise one of each. Can't wait to shop.

I am really disappointed with the selection of boys clothes in the shops. I find a lot of it is really dark (I like newborns in lighter colours) or covered in writing/slogans. I don't like character clothing until they are toddler/preschool age and can chose the character they like and the rest is just boring! I am so picky, MIL didn't dare buy anything and gave us some money instead :blush:

I find it so hard to get excited about boys clothes too, I wish someone could do something to improve them! I hate the fact it's pretty much cars or dinosaurs. I can't stand baby blue stuff either, but then I was never a huge fan of baby pink. I saw some nice sleep suits on offer on the Jojo website this week for boys, a bright coloured (dinosaur) one, and some which looked like there was a monkey or giraffe round the neck which were a bit different and quite sweet. Even on the offer though they're still around £12 for one suit which seems crazy when they're likely to just get ruined with poo and sick. I'm the same with slogans and characters, I really dislike stuff like that and thought it was just me. Even now when people have started buying Phoebe Peppa Pig clothes as she loves Peppa at the moment, I cringe and automatically think I'll just save them for nursery wear!
They used to do some lovely unusual stuff in some American brands, Carters and Gymboree are my favourites but I have to make a big order to justify the postage on top, and their stuff hasn't been as good recently anyway.

What is with the rubbish boy stuff?!

I went through all the stuff I've bought for baby and you're right - dinosaurs and cars mostly (I hadn't noticed!). But I also got some nice nautical babygros from next and some monochrome ones with the odd splash of colour/panda's face from Mothercare.

DS pretty much wears asda for nursery and next or M&S at the weekends. I don't like much else x

I love a lot of Joules and Boden stuff lately for Phoebe but it's so expensive and hard to justify when she ruins it and doesn't appreciate it, I don't know why I spend so much on her stuff and hardly anything on my own! There are sometimes nice bits in the supermarkets but I still tend to save it for nursery, other times she's usually in Next although they seem to be getting quite expensive lately.

When I think about clothes I realise I probably should've found out gender this time if I need to start again on a new wardrobe, and I'm going to be so fussy and find it hard to find anything I like for a boy so I could do with knowing now and getting bits I do like. Although part of the reason I avoid finding out is so I can't go mad with the shopping!

another negative opk. I don't think ovulation is going to happen. I have one test left and I am hoping it will be positive tomorrow. But now I am just relying on temps. If no rise by cd 22 then I am calling it a wash for this cycle. i will continue to temp until af but I am sure if I haven't ovulated by then, then I won't be.

No temp spike :cry:

cm has also dried up. Looks like it is IVF for me. I will temp throughout the weekend to be sure. But I don't think it's going to happen. I'm thinking I'm going to call the doc today and let them know so I can book in time to see him if needed. I don't know what the next step is while I lose the weight and save up the money.

Aayla, that really sucks :hugs:

But hopefully soon you will have a plan and can focus on getting ready for IVF. Huge motivation to stick to it xx

For sure. I have done our budget and if we are scrooge with our money we can save up in about 10 months. So summer/fall of 2017 will be it. So that gives me about 1 year to lose at least 100 lbs.

That's totally doable! I lost 70 odd in 10 months on slimming world and practically did no exercise. You got this! X

temp spike today. Not sure if I was just warm from the room or if it is a legitimate spike. when I put 2 more days of high temps into FF it gives me dotted cross hairs on yesterday. So now I just wait and see what they do. If I get my cross hairs I will go for a progesterone test on cd 27.

Soooo...I had another temp spike this morning. may have jumped the gun a bit on that whole no ovulation thing :blush:

i won't know for sure until I get my progesterone test done next Thursday but when I put in a high temp for tomorrow FF gives me my cross hairs on cd 20.

Great going Aayla, fx you get another spike tomorrow and ovulation is confirmed. Good luck.

Had my scan and everything seems to be fine. Baby is all boy and have my screening scan on next Monday Wish me luck. I am not sure whether I shared pics here or not but, here they are(sorry if already posted):

Attachments

• DSC_3283.jpg
    DSC_3283.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_3290.jpg
    DSC_3290.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 3
  • DSC_3286.jpg
    DSC_3286.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 4
Awesome pics. Definitely a boy!!

I got another high temp today!! officially 3 dpo according to FF. This will be confirmed on thursday with the progesterone test. If it is confirmed I will begin testing on friday. Super early but that is what the wondfo's are for. lol

4 dpo: flushed skin, tingly boobs, metallic taste, fatigue, hot flashes, dry mouth, sore throat and slight cramping. If I'm not pregnant my body is playing a very cruel joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->