August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

Well my doc's nurse emailed me back...to change my appt time. She didn't answer my question at all. So I emailed her again this afternoon but have heard nothing. It's now 5:35pm and the clinic is closed now. I'm quite irritated that she didn't seem to bother reading my email.

I am on cd 3 and I picked up my letrozole. I can wait until Wednesday to get the go ahead as that is cd 5 (although I have never taken it days 5-9) but I'm not even seeing the doc now, it's just a phone call appt..which means that he isn't going to instantly put in the IUD so I am taking that as a good sign.

But I am leery of messing with the schedule I have been on since I started this. But a different nurse said there is no difference.

It's possible she doesn't know the answer or doesn't want to be the one to discuss it with you?

Hope all goes well when you talk to the doctor x

I was hoping she asked the doc. but it's possible she never got a chance to. Which really sucks because now I'm not sure if I should just go ahead and start the pills like on my normal schedule, or do i wait until wednesday and do cd 5-9. either way I am taking the pills, with or without the doc's ok. Since it is just a phone call appt I know he isn't going to put in the IUD right away, so no sense it waiting out a cycle.

Good luck with the phone call aayla. Does your RE have a limit to the # of cycles you can use letrozole? I know my RE did not want me to do more than 6.

In other news, I saw the babies today for our weekly u/s my with RE. I'm so in love.

Hopefully you'll get some answers this week Aayla X

In other news, I saw the babies today for our weekly u/s my with RE. I'm so in love.

That's awesome! So chuffed things are going well! :happydance: Are you feeling any better? X

He didn't say. This would my 8th cycle. last cycle was #7. So no limit I think. They gave me a prescription for 3 more cycles, to make a total of 9 cycles.

I went ahead and took my pill. since this is a phone call appt I assume that he isn't going to be putting in the mirena asap. and if that is part of the next step then it can wait one more cycle. I am almost positive that it was my cold that screwed it up and that I will ovulate this cycle.

danser: How awesome you saw the babies!! any pics?

Hopefully you'll get some answers this week Aayla X

That's awesome! So chuffed things are going well! :happydance: Are you feeling any better? X

I am feeling awful really. So tired, dizzy, and the nausea is not any fun. The last time I started to feel better around week 12 or 13 so hopefully this time it's the same.

He didn't say. This would my 8th cycle. last cycle was #7. So no limit I think. They gave me a prescription for 3 more cycles, to make a total of 9 cycles.

I went ahead and took my pill. since this is a phone call appt I assume that he isn't going to be putting in the mirena asap. and if that is part of the next step then it can wait one more cycle. I am almost positive that it was my cold that screwed it up and that I will ovulate this cycle.

danser: How awesome you saw the babies!! any pics?

No pics yet. Hopefully I can get on my computer tonight download them. I make no promises. My RE was concerned that possibly femara might have the same effects as clomid if used long term, but since it's off label not much research has been done that. He wanted to safe than sorry. Why would he want you on a IUD?

If I have to take a break for a long term, which would happen if we have to move to injections or ivf since it is expensive and my weight is too high, then I have be on some sort of progesterone for the hyperplasia, to make sure it stays away. If I don't ovulate then I don't normally get a period on my own which causes the lining to thicken but not shed. When that happens cell clusters grow that can give me cancer.

Since I am a crazy psychopath on Provera even at a low dose of 10mg (and i'm not exaggerating here...I literally could kill someone my anger is so bad) he opted for the Mirena which will give me the progesterone but won't cause the emotional side effects.

Hubby and I have decided long ago that we would go through the last prescription and if no baby then we would move on to IUI, but if I can't be on letrozole then injections it is. We'll see what the doc says.

Again I worry over nothing.

Doc confirmed that either I a) didn't O because of my cold or b) missed the progesterone peak if I ovulated off schedule.

So I am to stay on letrozole until I get pregnant or I am ready for ivf. He said their limit is usually 12 cycles. But we are to take it cycle by cycle. Hoping we get pregnant soon.

So I am staying on letrozole, saving money and losing weight to prepare for the just in case.

That's good news Aayla! Stay focused, look after yourself and hopefully you'll be pregnant in jig time! X

cd 11: not much to report on the TTC front. It's the boring wait to O. But on the personal front some serious self reflection has been going on. I have noticed I am sabotaging myself in the weight loss. (ate nearly an entire tub of Cool Whip to myself over the course of 3 days, most of it was in one day). I'm not sure why and I'm not totally sure what is going on but I am pretty sure it is depression. I've had off and on depression for years and part of it I think is my severe PCOS. the only time I felt ok was when I was on birth control years ago, but that's not exactly an option. for the last little while I have noticed that I am not interested in doing anything. Nothing excites me anymore, my tv shows don't interest me, games I play no longer hold interest and if I could I would sit in my house and never leave.
So many things have happened in the past year, getting pregnant, losing the baby, meeting new friends that turned out to be horrible people, a sexual assault by one of those so called friends (no longer in our lives now), and the topsy turvy of TTC. It's all been too much.

So I have a doctor's appt on friday to discuss going on anti-depressants. I have also called and left a message with my fertility doc's nurse and maybe he will know what is okay to take while taking letrozole and while taking pregnant.

I am 9 weeks 4 days! We had our last u/s on Monday and now I am in the care of my OB and MFM, we have an appointment with the OB on Monday. At the u/s on Monday we saw Baby A moving all around and it actually waved to us. I am in love. I really hope this is my double rainbow. Meanwhile morning sickness or all day sickness is kicking my butt. I can't wait for the second trimester!

How are you doing MrsMac?

I'm so sorry Aayla. I hope your doctor has some solutions for you. Do you go to therapy at all? I have a wonderful therapist and it's made such a difference.

Jeez Aayla, it's understandable after all of that! I would second therapy - went to see a counsellor years after some fairly horrible family stuff and not only made peace with it, I have taken positives from the experience.
Hope the doc has some answers for you X

Danser, that's soooo exciting!!! Do you wanna share scan pics? So excited to see your little rainbows! X

Danser: oooh 9 weeks!! yay!! and i also vote for scan pics!!

MrsMac: how far along are you now?

I am not in therapy but I have thought about it. We just can't afford it right now. Hubby gets a great extended medical package from his work after his 3 month probation so I am going to look into seeing how much of counselling is covered. I did do an extensive 3 day self therapy with a group of people last march. Really helped me work through a trauma from long ago. Wish I could do it again but it's $1000 and my work at the time sponsored for me to go.

Even though I will get the script on friday I won't be taking them until next week. I just don't want to risk anything screwing up ovulation and I should be ovulating between monday and wednesday next week.

How is everyone else out there?

Lora: Happy 25 weeks!!

Vicky: are you still with us?

Sunshine? Bubbles? Kakae?

I have been trying to catch up with the thread for about a week but it's not happening! Just wanted to check in and say hi. Hope you're all good and I hope the bumps are coming along nicely xxx

Aayla, it's difficult situation but, hang in there. I hope your hubby's medical covers the things you need to get. Depression is horrible have gone through it and know exactly how you feel.

Danser, wow how exciting. The baby's do look adorable in earlier stage when you can actually see them fully on screen. Do share pic if you don't mind.

Mrsmac, you must be all ready for arrival of baby by now? I remember you are due in August right?

Afm, 4d scan on Monday so hopefully we will get to know gender when I will be 25weeks exactly. Nothing much happening here except for lots of outer Movements of baby which I can see now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->