August loss thread - TTC our rainbows!

AF finally came today at 5w2d post d&c, so happy and relieved!! So far it's fairly normal, but pretty light. My first day is normally light, then 2nd day heaviest. They normally last 4 days, so I'm curious to see what it does this time. cd1 for me.

Yay!! Fairycat! I'm so happy for you. I can't remember when you said you were going to try again, are you trying this cycle? xx

We were planning to try this next cycle, but now my husband says he is hesitant. He was the one who said he wanted to try ASAP. He's just worried about not following the doc's advice and trying too early and having another mc. So then he says we'll do what I want to do. I'd like to think if it's too early, my body just won't get pregnant. But seeing as I ovulated 2 weeks ago already, and my libido was extra high, my body is probably ready. The doc told us if my first cycle is normal, then he has no problem with us trying right away.

Hi kandl. I think it varies as to when you ovulate. I usually have a 26 day cycle and ovulate on cd12 or 13. I know this by temping and taking opks.

On a 28 day cycle the usual time to ovulate is cd14 so as you said 8/9 Oct. But you could ovulate earlier or later.

Have you tried opks? Temping is a bit stressful so I'd say to start with opks. I get a pack of 20 from amazon for a few quid. I start on cd 9 and when I get the positive (test line same or darker than control) I usually ovulate 24-48 hours later.

I've been thinking of using them, but I think I'm going to take the chance this month & hope I get pregnant.. Dtd every other day should do it! Haha. If not then next cycle I'm going to use OPKs. I just know they'll stress me out if I start using them this cycle

Hey ladies, hope you're all ok!

Kandl are you going to give OPKs a go? I buy them on eBay, packs of 50 for £5. That sounds like a lot but I must've used half of them since my mc until I got my positive, I normally only need to use a few as I know from charting for so long when I'm likely to get my positive. If your cycle is regular 28 days you probably ovulate on day 14, give or take a couple of days. Might be worth giving OPKs a go if you want to narrow it down, otherwise just need to BD plenty between around CD8-18!

Lora I know what you mean about not wanting to test early, I used to be so strict about not testing until AF is late, but it's so difficult to wait! Especially now I have a massive stash of cheapie HPTs. I spent a ridiculous amount on FRERs and Clearblue digis last month, and that was once I already had my BFP I just end up obsessing over tests trying to check things are progressing ok. I really don't want to end up spending so much again next time, but not sure how else to get any kind of reassurance until my scan. They also helped me realise I was having a mc before anyone would confirm it for me which was kind of a good thing rather than have my hopes too high. I found someone on eBay who sells packs of 2 FRERs for £5.50 though which doesn't help the habit! Makes it slightly more affordable though! I have no idea how they can sell them so cheap when they're so expensive in the shop.

Hope you girls with AF are doing ok, excited for you all for TTC time!

I'm not 100% sure now if my OPK was positive yesterday or just very close, when I look at the dried test it's confusing! Today is definitely positive though. I'm already worried our BD timing wasn't so good, we got two in back to back two nights running which never happens, so I was proud of our efforts but think they were too early dammit. I keep reading about O-2 being the day with the highest chance of conceiving, and I think it will work out as the one we missed being that day. I've actually had what I think are ovulation pains yesterday and today, I've never had them before and started to panic it was maybe part of my loss not quite finished, but when I turned to Dr Google it seems to be really common to get ovulation pains after a loss, for some reason, so think that's what it is seeing as I've got other fertile signs it would make sense. Would be handy if I always had them to know when to BD!

Hi kandl. I think it varies as to when you ovulate. I usually have a 26 day cycle and ovulate on cd12 or 13. I know this by temping and taking opks.

On a 28 day cycle the usual time to ovulate is cd14 so as you said 8/9 Oct. But you could ovulate earlier or later.

Have you tried opks? Temping is a bit stressful so I'd say to start with opks. I get a pack of 20 from amazon for a few quid. I start on cd 9 and when I get the positive (test line same or darker than control) I usually ovulate 24-48 hours later.

I've been thinking of using them, but I think I'm going to take the chance this month & hope I get pregnant.. Dtd every other day should do it! Haha. If not then next cycle I'm going to use OPKs. I just know they'll stress me out if I start using them this cycle

I think anything that avoids stress is a good thing :thumbup:

Good luck!

Good plan. I find I feel more stressed if I don't use OPKs, they help me feel I have some kind of control over what's going on! But then again I need to rely on them with my cycles being a bit temperamental. Fingers crossed you won't need to bother with them!

I think your timing sounds great bubbles! What was the delivery on the frer for £5 if you don't mind me asking? I found some £7.50 for 2 with next day delivery which. I've saved. Least I know if I'm late I can get them here quick. Or- I could just go to a shop, lol.

Living in a small town everyone knows each other though, and you can guarantee bumping into someone just as you've popped the tests in the Basket (poorly disguised by take a break or that's life on top 😂)

I'm really going to try my hardest not to become obsessive with tests when I get my bfp- for one it costs a fortune and secondly, what ever is going to happen is going to happen regardless. Much easier said than done though.

I can't believe how desperately I need another baby, especially as Eden wasn't planned. It's just like an overwhelming urge, bordering desperation, I so wish I could take a more relaxed approach. I know it wil happen, but getting pregnant is one thing, keeping the baby is another!

Must try and stay positive though xx

I hear you all on not wanting to test early too. I got a positive way early and it was so stressful wondering if I'd miss my period, then we during if everything was ok for 1.5 extra weeks. I probably won't be testing early either. I don't even want to test if I miss my period. Wish there was an easier way to do all of this.

I hear you all on not wanting to test early too. I got a positive way early and it was so stressful wondering if I'd miss my period, then we during if everything was ok for 1.5 extra weeks. I probably won't be testing early either. I don't even want to test if I miss my period. Wish there was an easier way to do all of this.

It'd be very nice to get our bfps, go to sleep and wake up with a healthy newborn?!

Shame it's an impossibility. I hate the worry of pregnancy, but I love having a tiny little life growing inside me ❤️

It's such a shame some of us have to find it so difficult. I'm so jealous of people like my friend who's due the same time I was meant to be, who just take one test, get their BFP, accept they're pregnant and that's that. I wish it was that simple for me and I didn't have to worry every single day. I know testing obsessively doesn't change the outcome, but I'll probably still end up doing it. It also makes me so mad that so many people can get pregnant so easily without even trying, who don't look after themselves at all, and don't want a baby at all. But don't get me started on all that again!

Lora I just went back on eBay to try find the £5.50 FRERs so I could get some more stocked up, but there's none left at that price, not surprisingly! The cheapest I could find tonight was £6.50 for two with free P&P which isn't too bad. The £5.50 ones were free P&P too, and there were quite a lot when I got them last month but obviously was a bargain and they got snapped up! I find it awkward buying them in the shops, had a bad experience once in Boots which I ended up complaining about after some girls on here said I should, and they gave me £50! Which I've probably spent in there on more HPTs! I also worry about bumping into anyone I know and having to explain myself. Like a dirty addict!

Totally know what you mean about the urge to have a baby, I didn't realise I wanted the next one so bad until I lost one, now I feel bad every day about the age gap between DD and the next getting bigger, and wish we'd started TTC a year ago at least. I only planned on having two kids, but now I can imagine still wanting another baby once number two is here, they grow so fast.

It's a shame it's so hard for some of us.

I am actually pretty scared of getting pregnant again. I desperately want my rainbow but the thought of pregnancy is so scary.

We have agreed to wait until after Leila's funeral to even talk about it.

Xx

Good plan. I find I feel more stressed if I don't use OPKs, they help me feel I have some kind of control over what's going on! But then again I need to rely on them with my cycles being a bit temperamental. Fingers crossed you won't need to bother with them!

Ad daft as it may sound.. I feel as if I use them & I didn't get pregnant.. If blame myself I didn't because I didn't use the OPKs properly :dohh: so going to miss this cycle, hoping I get pregnant.. If not then I'll buy some

Morning ladies! Sorry to dive right in without reading posts, but if I don't ask now I will forget lol!

So, AF. It's not been any heavier than usual (has been quite clotty though) but it has been longer- the bleedings tailing off so that'll be 7 days of bleeding compared to my usual 5.

My question is- does a longer Af delay ovulation? Or is ovulation kick started by the first day of Af? I know its only a couple of days but every extra day of waiting is a pain in the backside.
I had a look at my journal after losing alfie and ttc alice.

My first Af came after 6 weeks and then my following cycle was also 6 weeks- I'm praying that doesn't happen this time!

Hope everyone's ok today? I'm a bit fed up but I have a friend coming for lunch so something to look firwRd to at least xx

Hey Lora,

Sorry you're fed up, hopefully your friend can cheer you up a bit and your day gets better. My friend who I seem to moan about a lot on here offered to take me for lunch today, I've still not see her since my mc so nearly a month now. I keep putting it off but thought it was a bad idea to go for lunch anyway seeing as I was signed off work, wouldn't want anyone to see me and think I was taking the mick. Also have DD with me so lunch is pretty impossible with her these days. She's at nursery tomorrow so I'm taking advantage and using an afternoon tea voucher with my mum, somewhere I'm unlikely to bump into anyone who knows me.

Good question about AF but unfortunately I don't have an answer to it. I would guess AF length isn't linked to ovulation, but only because I sometimes have irregular cycles but AF is always the same length, so my ovulation doesn't seem to be linked to my AF when it sometimes only takes me two weeks to ovulate after AF, but sometimes takes four, it must be linked to something else if that makes any sense at all?!

Top of the morning to you ladies,

Congratulations Vicky!!!

Still no change on this end. Still waiting for AF to show and it feels like she is teasing me. I've been PMSing (if that's a word) for the last week or so. I am so ready for her to come.

Have a wonderful day ladies!

AF finally came today at 5w2d post d&c, so happy and relieved!! So far it's fairly normal, but pretty light. My first day is normally light, then 2nd day heaviest. They normally last 4 days, so I'm curious to see what it does this time. cd1 for me.
Great news yayy!!

Lora, don't know if this will answer your question or even help you.. But with me, my periods can last either 3 days or 5 days. But no matter now long they are I still come on my period the same day each month which is a Saturday (28 day cycle). So surely I ovulate the same time to get my period the same time?

Hope that makes sense

Nice!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"