August Testers, let's keep going!! 14BFPs so FAR!

AF is still there on day 13 of cycle...it started getting much lighter but yesterday it come back really heavy again like I'm back to the start. Really confused now so going to the dr later. Today is supposed to be my Ov day but with my period still there or coming back I can't see myself ovulating.

I think I'm out this month already and it's only just started :(

AF is still there on day 13 of cycle...it started getting much lighter but yesterday it come back really heavy again like I'm back to the start. Really confused now so going to the dr later. Today is supposed to be my Ov day but with my period still there or coming back I can't see myself ovulating.

Hopefully you will get some answers about this, RC.

Fingers crossed for you! Keep us posted.

As for me - of COURSE the very first real try I get to have with DH my OPK's and Ovulation signs are playing with me. My last 3 cycles (which were not ttc except a little bit the last one) I was a clockwork 26 day cycle with beautiful, easy to read OPKs leading up to my surge. Beautiful temp spike on CD 13, no problems. In fact I wasn't even going to use OPK's this month because I was so secure in my recent regularity. I also experience breast pain just starting the day that I Ovulate (CD12.)

My OPK's have been fading and strengthening but not positive for 4 days. I did have EWCM but I am taking Mucinex, so I don't know if it's jus the guefenisen.

My DH and I have already competed 2 nights of project BDthon, but I told him it should only be 3 nights in a row, and I fear I've lied to him!

If this cycle goes long (my longest is 29 days) than we're looking at 6 straight days of BD....I like to cuddle with him and all, but I just don't know if we can manage it....

Maybe with a negative OPK today we will take the night off and start again once the OPK's start heating up (if they do).

I am just really afraid I've already had my surge (was almost positive yesterday) and we'll end up missing my O....

Sheesh. Decisions, decisions.

Dr told me she's not too concerned since I had been on pill for 10 years so can take up to 12 months to leave your system and in the mean time can do all kinds of crazy stuff to your periods. I've been told to just relax about the whole thing and try have sex every other day (which is easier said then done) and if my periods continue to be erratic then go back after a couple of months for hormone tests.

Feel a lot better now :)

To bad we couldnt come to a happy medium lol as im having the opposite problem. 11 days late and still no AF.... Im confused tho should I of had some sort of bleeding by now? All i had was a tiny dot of blood in my underwear at 8 days late but it was so little it could of been from shaving. If this was a chemical or early miscarriage shouldnt my body want to get rid of it?

I caved a took another test but BFN :/ but its still early isn't it AF due Thursday. Anyone used brand at Asda called Freedom Pregnancy Strip Test?

So, today we're thinking we might be out for this cycle and potentially further. OH and I dtd a few hours ago and found quite a bit of blood in his semen. Slightly panicked that this means something serious, or at the very least some sort of prostate infection we'll want to be rid of before ttc. As I shall probably ovulate in the next few days and we don't know what's wrong we're going to hold off, then he's away later in the week, so not looking good this cycle. He's off to the docs tomorrow - wish us luck.

I caved a took another test but BFN :/ but its still early isn't it AF due Thursday. Anyone used brand at Asda called Freedom Pregnancy Strip Test?

I have not used them, but surely a bfn is meaningless today. :) you're still way in!

To bad we couldnt come to a happy medium lol as im having the opposite problem. 11 days late and still no AF.... Im confused tho should I of had some sort of bleeding by now? All i had was a tiny dot of blood in my underwear at 8 days late but it was so little it could of been from shaving. If this was a chemical or early miscarriage shouldnt my body want to get rid of it?

Hi Andi, I found an interesting post on AF after CP. The third post especially sounds a lot like you.
https://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=261846.0

So, today we're thinking we might be out for this cycle and potentially further. OH and I dtd a few hours ago and found quite a bit of blood in his semen. Slightly panicked that this means something serious, or at the very least some sort of prostate infection we'll want to be rid of before ttc. As I shall probably ovulate in the next few days and we don't know what's wrong we're going to hold off, then he's away later in the week, so not looking good this cycle. He's off to the docs tomorrow - wish us luck.

Hi Wywh. I hope everything turns out ok with OH. I know I can't speak for every case, but this very thing happened to my sister in laws hubby and it turned out to be both common, and also nothing serious at all. Anyway, of course you will likely worry nonetheless. Just want to wish you good luck. Let us know how it goes! :)

As for me: I got my pre-seed in the mail today. I am happy (again) because the follow up opk that I did came out positive...whew! Hoping the per-seed will make tonight a little easier. I think just one more deed tomorrow will be as much as we can do.

Has anyone tried menstrual cups? I'm wondering about them. My DH has to skip his dose of meds in order to finish, but with 4 days in a row that is not possible. He is still able to provide independently (ahem)... Just thinking this might alleviate pressure on him for future attempts. That way he can simply collect and not worry about how he's going to manage. I know, tmi: but has anyone tried the collection method? Is it inferior?

Hi Andi, I found an interesting post on AF after CP. The third post especially sounds a lot like you.

Yeah it does sound similar, the first one is almost exact too. Its frustrating because I made the mistake of telling my mom about it since we are pretty close. She still thinks I'm pregnant and says maybe it was two early and keeps reading me threads on the internet about girls who had a negative blood test and then ended up being pregnant. Or she calls me and asks if I got my period yet and when I say no she is like "hmmm that's interesting". Then I told a friend and she said "that happened to so and so and they were pregnant." My husband was the same way when I was waiting for the blood test results. I keep telling him to not get his hopes up and he kept saying "well you don't know yet don't think that way". I'm very doubtful, and trying to be realistic. I'm trying to move on from this but its hard to do that when people keep giving you hope. I didn't want to go through this alone but now I wonder if it would of been better... :shrug:

....Oh and then on top of it my sister in law (who doesn't know we just had a CP or even that we are trying) starts talking to me on the phone the other day about how we should get on trying to have a baby soon. Also about how her friend is going to start trying again for their 2nd and how when she was trying with her 1st she got pregnant right away first try. :sad2: So painful having that conversation right now. I can't be mad at her, because she doesn't know, but I was begging her in my head to change the subject before I started to cry.

Has anyone tried menstrual cups? I'm wondering about them. My DH has to skip his dose of meds in order to finish, but with 4 days in a row that is not possible. He is still able to provide independently (ahem)... Just thinking this might alleviate pressure on him for future attempts. That way he can simply collect and not worry about how he's going to manage. I know, tmi: but has anyone tried the collection method? Is it inferior?

I've heard good things about them and has been successful for some. Haven't heard anyone use it the way you are suggesting but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt your chances :thumbup:. I was considering trying them after my husband and I DTD.

Hi everyone! sorry for being MIA
been having some rough patches here and there..
I tested with an OPK today and have got two very dark lines..
but am a bit worried that we will not get to BD tonight.
fingers crossed we can fit it in tonight, if not, then tomorrow.

will it be too late by then?

good luck to everyone else!!

Andi - Im sorry you are going through such a tough time! Although you cant tell your sister in law everything, feel free to vent out all your emotion here and let off some steam (or tears!) xx

Yeah it does sound similar, the first one is almost exact too. Its frustrating because I made the mistake of telling my mom about it since we are pretty close. She still thinks I'm pregnant and says maybe it was two early and keeps reading me threads on the internet about girls who had a negative blood test and then ended up being pregnant. Or she calls me and asks if I got my period yet and when I say no she is like "hmmm that's interesting". Then I told a friend and she said "that happened to so and so and they were pregnant." My husband was the same way when I was waiting for the blood test results. I keep telling him to not get his hopes up and he kept saying "well you don't know yet don't think that way". I'm very doubtful, and trying to be realistic. I'm trying to move on from this but its hard to do that when people keep giving you hope. I didn't want to go through this alone but now I wonder if it would of been better... :shrug:

:( sorry to hear this. I'm sure they are hopeful also because they want it to be true. Hopefully you will get AF soon. Your body is probably holding progesterone because of the chemical. Once it comes down, the witch will come and you can start fresh. Good news: fertility goes UP after a chemical! :)

Hi everyone! sorry for being MIA
been having some rough patches here and there..
I tested with an OPK today and have got two very dark lines..
but am a bit worried that we will not get to BD tonight.
fingers crossed we can fit it in tonight, if not, then tomorrow.

will it be too late by then?

good luck to everyone else!!

Andi - Im sorry you are going through such a tough time! Although you cant tell your sister in law everything, feel free to vent out all your emotion here and let off some steam (or tears!) xx

Welcome back, bubble belly! Get on your business ASAP! Having said that, you should 12 to 36 hours after positive. You have a great chance if you can try tomorrow. In fact, some manufacturers suggest your best chance is 24 hours after you get a positive. :) good luck!

I have not used them, but surely a bfn is meaningless today. :) you're still way in!

It is early but I forgot how much the TWW messes with your head :wacko:

How do you use a menstural cup to help TTC? :huh: sorry if that's a dumb question but I've not heard of that before.

Andi I'm really sorry about that conversation with your SIL - that must have been so hard :hugs: at least you can keep the perspective to know that she wasn't doing it to hurt you.

My OH is ok! he has an ijnfection but nothing scarier, and we can keep trying if we want but it might be affecting sperm production so this month may or may not be a duff (it was probably going to be anyway as OH is at a conference later in the week which is most likely when I'll ovulate...) so feeling much better and more positive :)

How do you use a menstural cup to help TTC? :huh: sorry if that's a dumb question but I've not heard of that before.

Andi I'm really sorry about that conversation with your SIL - that must have been so hard :hugs: at least you can keep the perspective to know that she wasn't doing it to hurt you.

My OH is ok! he has an ijnfection but nothing scarier, and we can keep trying if we want but it might be affecting sperm production so this month may or may not be a duff (it was probably going to be anyway as OH is at a conference later in the week which is most likely when I'll ovulate...) so feeling much better and more positive :)

Good News! :) glad to hear. As for menstrual cups - (this might actually be interesting to you if you can only BD like 3 days before you O and want your best shot):
Instead makes a silicone menstrual cup. They have actually tried to have it FDA approved as a fertility aid but have not been successful so far, as far as I know. Nonetheless, there are a lot of women saying they are very helpful:

You are supposed to insert an instead cup (there are also 'conception cups' that are supposedly better designed for this, but who knows) right after bd. This holds sperm in and puts it directly against the cervix, kind of like an elevator ride for the swimmers....lol...then, it holds it there. You can leave it in for like, 12 hours.

You can also use them for collection cups for insemination. Thats why I was thinking if my DH gets truly exhausted, I will just let him collect and go to sleep. I know it may seem weird, but really, whatever works. BD can be tiring (and painful) after several days in a row...

Good News! :) glad to hear. As for menstrual cups - (this might actually be interesting to you if you can only BD like 3 days before you O and want your best shot):
Instead makes a silicone menstrual cup. They have actually tried to have it FDA approved as a fertility aid but have not been successful so far, as far as I know. Nonetheless, there are a lot of women saying they are very helpful:

You are supposed to insert an instead cup (there are also 'conception cups' that are supposedly better designed for this, but who knows) right after bd. This holds sperm in and puts it directly against the cervix, kind of like an elevator ride for the swimmers....lol...then, it holds it there. You can leave it in for like, 12 hours.

You can also use them for collection cups for insemination. Thats why I was thinking if my DH gets truly exhausted, I will just let him collect and go to sleep. I know it may seem weird, but really, whatever works. BD can be tiring (and painful) after several days in a row...

Hmm, that's really interesting and quite clever! Perhaps not for me for the time being, but if I'm still not pregnant in a few months I might give it a go :thumbup:

So excited, going to doc today to start figuring out what our conception problem(s) may be!!! Still actively trying in the meantime! :) Will test towards the end of the month (June 30th to be safe)!

Good luck to all!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->