August Testers, let's keep going!! 14BFPs so FAR!

So excited, going to doc today to start figuring out what our conception problem(s) may be!!! Still actively trying in the meantime! :) Will test towards the end of the month (June 30th to be safe)!

Good luck to all!!!

This was what me and DH did last month. It was a lot of pain and testing, but I was excited to be involved in the process and it did offer us a lot of insight. good luck and congratulations on beginning this exciting journey! :)

Sorry I've been so MIA, court again this Thursday and that will determine who Brendon is going to live with. We are having his mum here for dinner and she is taking hmm for a sleep over tonight. Scary to think about.

We have been good with every second morning BDing so I hope this it is. I don't even know If I am ovulation which is kind of annoying. There is just so much going on I dot want to stress out move over Ttc then I need to. Even though I think I would feel better if I temped.
When did you ladies start temping?

Hi Callie. Good luck at court. Hopefully everything works out.

As for temping, I first tried it after my ectopic because my cycles were so wonky. It sure helps. I am pretty good at it now, and I do feel that I am in control of things since I usually know what's going on.

As for temping, I first tried it after my ectopic because my cycles were so wonky. It sure helps. I am pretty good at it now, and I do feel that I am in control of things since I usually know what's going on.

I think I am going to start temping if Dave stays working in town. How long did it take you to see that your charts where looking the same and being able to know when you ovulate?

I think I am going to start temping if Dave stays working in town. How long did it take you to see that your charts where looking the same and being able to know when you ovulate?

There are a couple useful things I've learned. One of the most useful is this: If you have the luck of being able to spot your Ovulation day a couple of times through temps, OPKs, and watching other fertility signs, you can calculate with 100% accuracy when you have ovulated in any cycle because of this principle: Your luteal phase is always the same. (for over 99% of women it's 14 days +/- 1 as I've said a couple times here.) So, if you discover your luteal phase is 14 days (which is what is the statistical liklihood) you can always discover by counting back when you actually ovulated.

How is this information useful? Well there's this: if you keep careful track of your temps, your CM, you cervical position, and other symptoms (such as breast tenderness, cramps etc.) and by keeping careful notes, you can start to see the constellation of signs that will (likely) almost always cluster for you to let you know you're ovulating. I discovered a couple of key signs in this way. For me: My Breast pain begins on the day I ovulate and worsens any time my temp and progesterone rise. on my chart, you can actually see my breast pain worsening as my temp goes up. I don't know if this is true for others, but, it is useful for me. I can even feel at around 1 week past ovulation the estrogen surge. This will be the only day or two that my breast pain subsides, because the estrogen has interfered with the progesterone's action.

For me, paying attention to my breast tenderness is a very clear sign of my ovulation. For you, it may be cramps (as it is for many women.)

On top of this, I have begun to see a larger pattern appear with my cycles. This cycle I'm having is going long, and I knew chances were very high that I would have a 28-29 day cycle. I even warned my DH about it so he could be prepared. The reason I knew this is because I have 30 cycles in Fertility friend. Not all of them have temps, but I have always kept track of my cycle dates. Now as I mentioned, if all you know are your historical cycle lengths, this information is enough to calculate your ovulation date with pretty much 100% accuracy. I only have 10 cycles of temps, from various months. Anyway I'm off track. What I was going to say is: because I have 30 cycles in fertility friend, I am able to see a VERY distinct pattern of short-short-short-long (it's not quite that perfect but pretty close.) My cycle actually averages 28 days even though 18/30 cycles I have had a 26 day length.

All this information can seem superfluous at first, but it really is useful, as I was able to predict this cycle would go long.

The final benefit of temping is that you have the control of knowing when you've ovulated. This is a great relief. No more will I wonder if I'm pregnant just because I'm having a long cycle. I always know I'm going to have a 29 day cycle the day after I ovulate. This reduces stress (obviously) and allows me to stop BD'g and also testing at the right times.

I can't recommend it enough. It's knowledge, control, engagement and awareness. These are all things we struggle for when ttc, temping is probably the best and cheapes tool to achieve these things.

Let me know if you'd like help! YOU TOO ANDI!!!!

Hey guys it's me again. I'm already out again lol As most of you know I had that chemical pregnancy. Only pregnant like a day or two. anyhoo, 12 days into my cycle and AF showed her ugly face :(

:wave: Hi, could i join your list please? Im due to test 19th June! If i can even make it that long away before testing lol.... Im literally 1DPO or O'ing today! (Had positive OPK yesterday and today)

:flower:

Hey guys it's me again. I'm already out again lol As most of you know I had that chemical pregnancy. Only pregnant like a day or two. anyhoo, 12 days into my cycle and AF showed her ugly face :(

Hey, Abigaile :) The good news is - you can try again this cycle! are you temping? Now is the time if you have a thermometer.

I'm glad you got some resolution. Andi had a chemical and is still waiting for AF to show....looks like hers is late as well.

Welcome back! I'm putting you down for another go! :)

:wave: Hi, could i join your list please? Im due to test 19th June! If i can even make it that long away before testing lol.... Im literally 1DPO or O'ing today! (Had positive OPK yesterday and today)

:flower:

You and me both! I am fairly certain I O'd today or possibly yesterday, so we're due the same time. :) Welcome and good luck! :dust:

Well I'm not temping, we are going to go a more relaxed approach.

But don't write me in to test this month as my period has already showed up. I didn't even get 2 weeks in to give it a shot! lol

I started my period again on CD 12 *sigh* I guess the chemical really messed up my cycle. I have a dr appt on the 10th so I am going to ask her about this odd episode. Thanks though!

You and me both! I am fairly certain I O'd today or possibly yesterday, so we're due the same time. :) Welcome and good luck! :dust:

:happydance: snap then! lol. Ive had 2 positive OPK and they say you ovulate 24-72 hours after the positive,, so im hoping i have... sooo the wait begins! Really need to keep myself busy....

:dust:

I was planning on trying temping if i didnt get pregnant, and then after this chemical it messed me right up. The plan was to start taking my temp on CD 1 but now im on CD 43 and still no Af...so if I ever get back to normal I will try.

Hi everyone! sorry for being MIA
been having some rough patches here and there..
I tested with an OPK today and have got two very dark lines..
but am a bit worried that we will not get to BD tonight.
fingers crossed we can fit it in tonight, if not, then tomorrow.

will it be too late by then?

good luck to everyone else!!

Andi - Im sorry you are going through such a tough time! Although you cant tell your sister in law everything, feel free to vent out all your emotion here and let off some steam (or tears!) xx

Welcome back, bubble belly! Get on your business ASAP! Having said that, you should 12 to 36 hours after positive. You have a great chance if you can try tomorrow. In fact, some manufacturers suggest your best chance is 24 hours after you get a positive. :) good luck!

uh-oh.. I think I took my OPK at the wrong time.. I took it on Tuesday morning and I think it gave me a false positive as it was probably SMU..
it's was negative after that.. so I thought it was a bit strange.. I havent seen much EWCM.. so im not actually sure if I have O'd yet..
Although I am at day 15 now... =S I think I have missed my chance!
:cry:
we did BD last night... but hubby couldnt finish :cry:
I think I am out already...

:happydance: snap then! lol. Ive had 2 positive OPK and they say you ovulate 24-72 hours after the positive,, so im hoping i have... sooo the wait begins! Really need to keep myself busy....

You and me both. I am positively sore after this months bd-a-thon. BD is not as much fun when it's work, that's for sure....

But We wanted to, ahem, give it out best effort. The next two weeks are gonna be atrocious. I plant test early...lol... Got some free hpts in the mail :)

I was planning on trying temping if i didnt get pregnant, and then after this chemical it messed me right up. The plan was to start taking my temp on CD 1 but now im on CD 43 and still no Af...so if I ever get back to normal I will try.

You can start temping immediately. May help u get a baseline-when your temp falls, you should get AF shortly after. Temping may give you the heads up by a day or two that she's coming :)

So, I found a fascinating link. For those of us who experience cyclical breast pain, the type and location of the pain can tell you where you're at in your cycle! I get puffy/sore nipples around O followed by crescents of pain by my armpits that worsen progressively after O. This is because the estradiol surge that occurs along with the LH surge tends to cause sore nipples (they do disappear after a day, as estradiol plummets after O.) progesterone tends to cause sore breast tissue, esp under the arms-so this usu indicates that O has already occurred.

Fascinating. Like palm reading for boobs.

Here's the link:

https://www.progesteroneresearchnetwork.com/breast-tenderness.html

So, I found a fascinating link. For those of us who experience cyclical breast pain, the type and location of the pain can tell you where you're at in your cycle! I get puffy/sore nipples around O followed by crescents of pain by my armpits that worsen progressively after O. This is because the estradiol surge that occurs along with the LH surge tends to cause sore nipples (they do disappear after a day, as estradiol plummets after O.) progesterone tends to cause sore breast tissue, esp under the arms-so this usu indicates that O has already occurred.

Fascinating. Like palm reading for boobs.

Here's the link:

https://www.progesteroneresearchnetwork.com/breast-tenderness.html

That's a good artical! I always have soor boobies before my period. I am not very hopeful this cycle. But always next month, hoping Dave doesn't go back to work up north.

You and me both. I am positively sore after this months bd-a-thon. BD is not as much fun when it's work, that's for sure....

But We wanted to, ahem, give it out best effort. The next two weeks are gonna be atrocious. I plant test early...lol... Got some free hpts in the mail :)

i want to wait & try on the 16th! (fathers day)

haha know what you mean with 'work' pmsl. Dont think hubs can keep up with me! :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->