August Testers, let's keep going!! 14BFPs so FAR!

Got my bfp. Freaking out and disbelief... Don't really believe it. Details and pics to follow !! Out to buy a FRER! Sooooo nervous. Got 2 positives. Told dh.... 9dpo.

update for me..

last night after work getting changed at home, I noticed.. err one of my "girls" were bigger than the other.. pretty noticably too! I waited till DH got home from the gym to show him LOL.. and he noticed it straight away too!
quite strange and have not really seen them do that before.. but this morning they seem a little bit more symmetrical, although NOT completely... not sure how and why it's like that!!! i feel a bit like an alien!..

it prompted me to take a test this morning.. i am around 9-10 dpo...

and.......

BFN...

=(

still could be early! I wouldn't worry about that BFN to much.

Got my bfp. Freaking out and disbelief... Don't really believe it. Details and pics to follow !! Out to buy a FRER! Sooooo nervous. Got 2 positives. Told dh.... 9dpo.

YAY! Congrats on your BFPs! can`t wait to see the pics. FX for you that its a sticky bean!

update for me..

last night after work getting changed at home, I noticed.. err one of my "girls" were bigger than the other.. pretty noticably too! I waited till DH got home from the gym to show him LOL.. and he noticed it straight away too!
quite strange and have not really seen them do that before.. but this morning they seem a little bit more symmetrical, although NOT completely... not sure how and why it's like that!!! i feel a bit like an alien!..

it prompted me to take a test this morning.. i am around 9-10 dpo...

and.......

BFN...

=(

still could be early love, and lol on the girls being out of whack with size lol!!! i've never heard of that before! alien!!

and congrats hun!!! can't wait to see photos!!!

OMG ZESTYGIRL!! THAT IS JUST AMAZING NEWS!
honestly I am so happy for you!
UPLOAD THOSE PICS!!!!!!
:dance::happydance:

oh yeah girls i'll be away until sunday so i'll catch up when i get back, hope to see more bfps!

https://i.imgur.com/PPR7Q1Q.jpg

Ok ladies. Hopefully you can see all these. Far left is FRER urine (tonight) center 3 are all 25 miu sensitivity dollar tests. The neg one was done this morning, the other two this evening. They were done with blood instead of urine. The last one on the far right is a 50miu sensitivity Internet test strip I did as a control. It too was done with blood. You can just see the test line is far lighter on the last (50miu) test, and of course nothing at all on the frer urine test or the first blood hpt i did. What do you think? Too early/DIY to get my hopes up-or bfp????

Here is an original blood hpt before rinsing with water:
https://i.imgur.com/ZMbnWCc.jpg

This is my first month using blood instead so I'm nervous about a false positive. Nonetheless, I repeated several times and the results are encouraging. I wish so much I had a positive urine hpt...would feel so much more convinced....

If anyone is interested in instructions, let me know. It's supposed to give you am answer sooner due to strong, uniform hcg concentration, and is a trick nurses have been known to use. I rinse them so that there is no doubt that what is left behind is dye. I could still see the positive result on this one before rinsing (hard to see in photo) but felt rinsing would remove all doubt.....

OMG. Congrats Zestygirl!!!!! Soooo happy for you :D

oh i can see them for sure!!! awesome!!! and blood???? what kind of *gulp* blood?!

There were some instructions here. I have removed them for the time being.

:sadangel:I have to withdraw my BFP proclamation :cry:

I have been scouring the net and forums to try and get good information on the reliability of the blood/water test. I wasn't too concerned when they were neg...but now that they are positive I had a new level of interest in the accuracy of the result.

For starters, here is my source for why I started testing this way:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kMUG_8P2h3c

Also, I read this article - posted on a medical education website (about a trick-of-the-trade)

https://academiclifeinem.com/trick-of...without-urine/

So, I was quite excited to get positives, especially after seeing negatives.

However, I came across a forum where I encountered several 'experts' lab techs, a medical scientist, an anaesthesoog...Gosh I can't spell it - anyway - they pretty much said forget it. It is NOT a conclusive way of testing.

A preferable way would be to have the blood separted professionally in a lab.

So - are they right? Well...I'm inclined to take their advice to heart.

So for now I am withdrawing my BFP. :sadangel:

If however, I come up PG, I will be pretty darn interested to do some experimenting....

I have heard of doing blood test on hpt in another thread on BnB....there was mixed reviews and some said it doesnt work and can give false positives. Dont know how true this is and I really dont know much about blood testing on hpt so I dunno. The good thing is your chart still says your temp is high! FX for you!

Yes, I have my hope still :) but I really am trying to be realistic. Even if I make some mistakes along the way. I suppose there was no harm sharing with DH-why should the boys be exempt from the drama of ttc? It's part if the fun sometimes.

I'm late only 1 day. I am going to wait a week to tests since my cycles have been a bit crazy.

Zesty why not just test the old fashioned way, with urine? and see your temp is going back up! that's a good sign :)

hey girls..
zesty - any new updates? I agree with mommyofone - please do some urine tests and let us know how they go..

I am BFN all around and getting increasingly fed up..
not sure why I am so agitated.. maybe AF is on her way... grrrr...im due for AF today or tomorrow at the latest.. and getting slightly crampy already...
I really thought I had it this cycle, felt sooo confident that this was it!!

but instead I get a swollen boob!..
I really have to go and get it checked out.. trying to figure out when to take time off to get an ultrasound done but to get an ultrasound, I need to go to a doctor first and get a referall! so annoyed.... and feeling miserable..!
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->