August Testers, let's keep going!! 14BFPs so FAR!

Zesty-any updates?

Bubble- mood changes can be a pregnancy symptom too so dont give up yet...Fx for you! And i hope your boob situation is nothing serious...

As for me, im on CD39 tomorrow....im getting really frusturated and very impatient. I just want my cycles back to normal! Im gonna wait to test until CD44 cause thats how long my last cycle was. Also if i did ovulate on the 8th like I thought might be happening that would be 12dpo. So waiting until the end of the week now to test again unless AF finally shows up.

AAAAARGH!!!!

AF's here
=(
right on time too. stupid cow!

feeling so down after this cycle!
just one of those moments where I feel like throwing in the towel.......

hope the rest of you have better luck than me... hang in there everyone

Andi - have you thought of taking soy isoflavones? I've heard they help you to ovulate sooner, and could also perhaps regulate your cycle to a shorter length...

I had a suspected chemical pregnancy back in March... and for two cycles after it I had a very weird short period where I only bled for one day, two days at the most..
and then by the third cycle after it, AF went back to being 6-7 days normal bleed..
I passed alot of jelly-like pink translucent CM streaked with blood during my CP.. and AF arrived around 3-4 days late.. not any more than that..
I still tried to TTC during the post CP cycles but I think my body just had not resetted properly if that makes sense... although alot of people say you are more fertile!
I hope your cycles go back to normal really soon.. I cant imagine having to wait over 35-40 days each time..!! this could just be your body's way of regulating itself...

sorry the :witch: got you bubbles :(

:hugs::hugs:

and Andi- good lord, i'm sorry. every once in a while i get like a 70 day cycle so i hear you. FF says i'm in the dpo, hoping it's right, hoping to get to the end of this cycle if i'm not pg this month.

zesty, anything new today??

AFM- cramps still, very gassy (sorry tmi) i'm not usually like this but i am for the last few days oh my goodness! terrible.

lots of cleaning/sorting getting back on track now that we are home from vacay.

oh temp went up again. wish i had temped on vacay too so i'd have known what it was. i hate those damn dotted lines on ff.

I'm late only 1 day. I am going to wait a week to tests since my cycles have been a bit crazy.

How's it going, Callie? Still late, I hope!

Zesty why not just test the old fashioned way, with urine? and see your temp is going back up! that's a good sign :)

My temp is spiking. That is good I guess, but, the BFN I got today is really dashing my hope....I looked at your chart :) It is looking promising so far! Hope that temp stays nice and high! :)

hey girls..
zesty - any new updates? I agree with mommyofone - please do some urine tests and let us know how they go..

I have also been doing urine every day. Getting nothing but BFNs. :( Sorry the witch got you, bubblebelly. I really wish she would just come and put me out of my misery.

As for me, im on CD39 tomorrow....im getting really frusturated and very impatient. I just want my cycles back to normal! Im gonna wait to test until CD44 cause thats how long my last cycle was. Also if i did ovulate on the 8th like I thought might be happening that would be 12dpo. So waiting until the end of the week now to test again unless AF finally shows up.

Gosh, Andi; This must be very frustrating :( sorry you are having to wait so long for AF. My cycles took almost a year to get back to normal after my ectopic surgery, and I belive that was a long time - It was easy though, because we were not ttc at the time and I would have skipped and very light periods etc. I hope the reason for the delay is that you are BFP!! :)

As for me, I think the blood serum is not a reliable way to test. I have many articles I could include from Moms-to-be (including a phlebotomist) swearing up and down that they are accurate, but, I am proof that they are not. Every blood test I have done since 9dpo has been postive, and every urine test has been negative.

As a measure of control, DH donated a drop of blood and we tested him and me with blood serum thinned with a drop of water. Identical brand.

My test was a blazing positive, and his a negative with an evaporation line.

So - even though everything I have done makes it appear as though I have a BFP - it looks like there is SOMETHING ELSE in my unique blood that is triggering the BFP. I don't think everyone would have my result, since DH got a negative, but obviously, this makes relying on a blood serum very dubious unless it's performed in a lab.

I have not done a homemade blood serum since. I don't believe I am PG after all.

I guess you never know, though. My DH seems to STILL believe that I am, and I feel terrible letting him down, but, I already know 99% that I am not. I am just waiting for AF so I can give him a final answer.

I hope your cycles go back to normal soon! I feel your fustation though.

I'm still testing to see when I ov but no positives on the opk yet.

Fingers crossed for you all though :)

zesty i'm sorry still bfns :( but i like that your temp is still going up. hoping you are just too early yet.

Urg! Why do people have to be so ignorant! I was at work today and an old friend who I haven't seen in years came in. We were talking/catching up and then out of no where she says "So when are you and 'DH' having babies? come on you've been married for a couple years now. It's about time you get on that." I just laughed it off, but really I was about to cry. Why do people have to ask that question. Some people are so ignorant to how cruel a question like that can be.:cry:

I dunno what to do guys...need your opinion. Most of you kinda know whats going on with me but ill do a quick update. Im on CD 43 today(normally have 28-30 day). Cycles still messed up since chemical and no sign of AF. I tested this morning and it was BFN. I thought I might of OV'd on the 8th but not for sure. Anyway so if I was pregnant I would be 10dpo I think. Last cycle after my chemical was 44 days so im thinking maybe this one is going to be just as long. Anyway my question is....my sister inlaws and I are going on a girls weekend camping trip. Should I drink? Because im going to want to. I dont want to waste probably the last girls getaway that we will have for a while,since i am TTC. But i also dont want to party all weekend then find out I am pregnant. This whole TTC thing is really getting me down lately...especially since my chem and my cycles being out of whack its been 9 months since we started TTC so a weekend to forget it all is needed. Im hoping Af will show before then, if not i will keep testing.

Drink Andi. Be happy, and after 9 months, get a referral for a fertility check up. They may find nothing, either way, you deserve to have some investigation done at this point.

I got AF.

I am fed up but I also know month 1 I had an infection so we've only had two real tries. Nonetheless I already feel like it should have happened as easily as my other four pregnancies.

I think I want to try once more naturally and if it doesn't happen I will ask Dh to do the iui.

What a stressful I undertaking this has turned into.

Andi, can you maybe do a drink an evening? so that it's not tooooo much, but you wouldn't miss out, and you wouldn't be really upset if you did and found out you were pg? can you test before you leave on the trip? just to make sure? if you get a negative, just have a good weekend.

Hi Andi! I have been following this board but haven't chimed in much for a while but just had a similar scenario- went to a concert out of town with a girlfriend.. Probably about 4-5dpo. I drank. Didn't get trashed or anything but had some champagne and a few martinis. TTC engulfs so much of our lives that sometimes you just need to stop, breathe and enjoy. There was a woman behind us at the concert who looked to be 6-7month preg and she was drinking... Saw her with at least 2 beers. Women get pregnant all the time not trying and don't even know for a while after- so why shouldn't you enjoy one weekend "off" from TTC.
I am not a dr but I have had friends who's drs have told them no listerine, no sugar free gum while pregnant. Seriously? Everything in moderation. I think it's terrible all the things they warn us to stay away from altogether while pregnant that even 20 years ago people did without a thought and all was fine. I am almost 28 and there Are pics of my mom smoking in the delivery room when she had me. I am perfectly healthy.
Go and enjoy your weekend!!!! If you do turn out to be pregnant then be glad you took advantage of your last girls weekend for a while. If you dont, be glad you didn't waste a perfectly good get away.

Hi Andi! I have been following this board but haven't chimed in much for a while but just had a similar scenario- went to a concert out of town with a girlfriend.. Probably about 4-5dpo. I drank. Didn't get trashed or anything but had some champagne and a few martinis. TTC engulfs so much of our lives that sometimes you just need to stop, breathe and enjoy. There was a woman behind us at the concert who looked to be 6-7month preg and she was drinking... Saw her with at least 2 beers. Women get pregnant all the time not trying and don't even know for a while after- so why shouldn't you enjoy one weekend "off" from TTC.
I am not a dr but I have had friends who's drs have told them no listerine, no sugar free gum while pregnant. Seriously? Everything in moderation. I think it's terrible all the things they warn us to stay away from altogether while pregnant that even 20 years ago people did without a thought and all was fine. I am almost 28 and there Are pics of my mom smoking in the delivery room when she had me. I am perfectly healthy.
Go and enjoy your weekend!!!! If you do turn out to be pregnant then be glad you took advantage of your last girls weekend for a while. If you dont, be glad you didn't waste a perfectly good get away.

oh yes my mom drank until she knew she was preg with me, 5 months in. not a lot but enough you know. nothing wrong with me. she also smoked the whole time to lower my birth weight! luckily i'm still ok with that too a bit add but ah well. aren't we all a tad?

No listerine or sugar free gum?! i was never told that! definitely used listerine every morning all pregnancy and had at least a piece of gum too because i didn't want to kill people at work with coffee breath and lunch smells! whooooops.

oh yes my mom drank until she knew she was preg with me, 5 months in. not a lot but enough you know. nothing wrong with me. she also smoked the whole time to lower my birth weight! luckily i'm still ok with that too a bit add but ah well. aren't we all a tad?

No listerine or sugar free gum?! i was never told that! definitely used listerine every morning all pregnancy and had at least a piece of gum too because i didn't want to kill people at work with coffee breath and lunch smells! whooooops.

I know, it's crazy, isn't it??? I mean, I can understand advising people to not take anything to the extrememes (3 packs of sugar free gum a day, drinking listerine...) but seriously? These drs make us women SO NERVOUS about every little thing we do...I think it's terrible! If anything, God forbid, were to go wrong- we would all blame ourselves" I shouldn't have had that piece of gum three months ago.." or "I never should have rinsed with listerine after eating that garlic pasta!" Centuries ago all people drank was wine and they still managed to have babies! I am certainly not advocating drinking your entire pregnancy or ignoring all of the drs orders, but there is no reason you shouldn't liberally enjoy your life while TTC! :)
Thanks for the backup, Mommy!

Sorry the witch got you, Mommy! Hoping this cycle is your lucky one!

Drink Andi. Be happy, and after 9 months, get a referral for a fertility check up. They may find nothing, either way, you deserve to have some investigation done at this point.

I got AF.

I am fed up but I also know month 1 I had an infection so we've only had two real tries. Nonetheless I already feel like it should have happened as easily as my other four pregnancies.

I think I want to try once more naturally and if it doesn't happen I will ask Dh to do the iui.

What a stressful I undertaking this has turned into.

I thought it was a year if full on TTC, like charting and temping for a year, before you have to worry about getting checked? Also I was told that it could take a year after coming off the pill. Especially if you were on it for a long time. I was on it for 11 years. I was more NTNP at first and haven't even done a full cycle of temping yet. We have just been BD around the time I suspect I'm OV. I seen the gyno in June after my chemical. I mentioned how long its been since I went off the pill and have been trying. She didn't seem to concerned about it.

Sorry to hear you got AF....I was really hoping this was your month! FX for next month!

Andi, can you maybe do a drink an evening? so that it's not tooooo much, but you wouldn't miss out, and you wouldn't be really upset if you did and found out you were pg? can you test before you leave on the trip? just to make sure? if you get a negative, just have a good weekend.

Yeah I'm going to test again tomorrow and also bring some tests to test while camping. I'm not a big drinker anyway. I very rarely get drunk. I normally only have a few and then that's enough for me.

Thanks! Yeah I've had a lot of friends who have done some stuff they shouldn't of before they found out they were pregnant, and their babies were born healthy. My sister in law was actually joking with me about it she said " Yeah you will drink this weekend and then the following week find out you are pregnant. That's how it always happens." lol

@andi, depends on who you ask and where you are & age. i know my friend tried about 10 months, and she was 30. so they told her to do tests. They wound up doing iui three times then ivf once and she has a lovely little girl.

My dr told me that it could take up to FIVE years after being off bc, because it causes lots of issues with individual people. i was off for 2 years really before i got pregnant, and i was only trying for 5 cycles. but in all that time, i never accidentally got knocked up either. bc can do bad things to your body- it affects everyone differently. my mother was off it years before accidentally getting knocked up with me. my other friend was off it 10 years. and accidentally got pregnant with her first.

Andi, totally agree with mommyofone.

I only mentioned it because I think that if you (or any women) wishes to be looked at after nine months, they should be able to.

If you are comfortably trying, than, of course you are your own woman!

:) I just sympathize with the stress. Going for fertility check took a lot off my mind.

NOW FOR A VERY IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

DH and I are going for our first IUI.

I believe I was NEVER preggo this month. Lesson learned.

I DO think I have a problem with CM.

I just flat out told DH - if we are thinking we will ever try IUI, we have our best chance today. Why wait til I'm forty and my fertility declines again before trying?

He agreed. We just want to get there, as fast as possible for the best chance of success.

I go in for my blood test in 1 hour!!! Wish me LUCK!!! :)

:dust: to all

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"