August Testers, let's keep going!! 14BFPs so FAR!

take it easy RC! I know the first few weeks will feel stressful but try and go easy on yourself and just sleep as much as you can.. your body is going to go in "manufacturing placenta and baby mode" and you'll need as much sleep as possible!!
focus on eating good food and try and stop looking out for blood lol

I was okay the whole day today until I ate a tub of Ben and Jerry's
cookies and cream ice cream..
was alright for a few hours and then around 5pm I puked it all out..
thank god DH was home from work early today.. he helped me clean up ehehehe

xx

RC i wish i could say that feeling goes away. but it doesn't. you're always going to be scared. from scan to scan, from then til birth, from heartbeat to heartbeat. it's that horrible not knowing feeling that does it!!! but you have to try to be strong. Once you get to 21ish weeks and baby starts kicking? that really really helps a lot becasue baby lets you know on it's own that it's ok!!! but until then, it can be quite terrifying. try not to think too much about it, be positive, and try to think good thoughts.

don't make yourself crazy hun :hugs: (i've been there!!!!)

Thanks bubbles and mommy...your words actually do reassure me a lot. I just thought that once I got my BFP I would be able to relax and feel happy but instead I'm more on edge and feel paranoid. I'm glad I've got you girls here to talk to though!

i know what you mean. :( i remember my mom had been happy for me but really sad, because it was the end of the days of not worrying. because once you're a mommy you worry forever. can't help it.

:(
so apparently at my last scan when we saw the baby and heartbeat, the sonographer picked up on a fibroid tumour in my uterus..
similar to the one found on my left breast a few months back..
I know it's not too serious and not cancerous..
but it could cause me complications during my pregnancy..
my chances of having a normal birth are now slim and more likely I'll have a c-section..
I'm not worried about that.. just worried that there's also chances baby will be premature
depending on size and location of this tumour.. and because it's very hormone driven and could grow bigger...
on the other hand it could be fine and out of the way.. but I still need to be checked regularly, and I'm praying it doesn't block my cervix or stop my baby's growth..
keep me in your prayers girls!
xx

Aww bubbles so sorry to hear that. I hope everything will be ok and it's out of the way of baby!! Try and stay positive, I know it must be hard now. My thoughts will be with you!! Hugs

oh bubbles!!!! thinking of you hun!!!!

andi anything new?

how are you feeling rc?

nothing to report here really.

I'm just really tired all the time. I hate this feeling of not knowing constantly worrying...I just can't wait for the 12 week scan so I can relax a little bit.

Hope everything is ok with you mommy :)

that's what i had. ugh, the tired. that was the worst.

i had to cut back hours at work to part time, seriously i could barely do 20 hours, which is not like me at all. i was sitting when i was there, thank god my boss understood and told me i could nap there if needed and cut my hours as i needed. when i was home? i slept all day. but 13 weeks i bounced back- and i felt the best i've ever felt in my LIFE in my second tri. here's hoping it's the same for you hun!!!!

I hope its the same for me as well...its really just whiped me out. I'm getting up at like 11am after going to bed at 10 and then still falling asleep in the afternoon. Its a good job I'm not working till after 12 weeks. I literally would be sleeping on the job like you did.

As much as I don't like this extreme tiredness I also keep thinking to myself its a good thing because it means everything is going well n this is how I should be feeling because my body is working so hard to make another body. My boyfriend is just like "go with the flow if you feel you need to sleep don't fight it just sleep" which is nice...doesn't mean though that he's gonna do the stuff that needs doing though such as housework while I sleep all day and night haha.

You still on your 2ww mommy?

Hi girls,

Mommy still have fingers and toes crossed for you :D

Andi how's things?

Bubble sorry about your news but I have heard that most women with fibroids do have normal pregnancies. Being aware of it and having it checked puts you on the front foot but I can imagine it's more than a tad bit scary!

I had my OB appointment on Thursday, heard the HB (awesome). OB didn't say much, in and out :). Am temporarily reassured but of course now anxious about anomaly scan on the 18th (it never ends)!! Had to tell boss on Thursday night as plans for major company growth which would rely heavily on me (and necessitate hiring of 2 support staff for me) is in the works... I just couldn't hold out. Boss was understanding and happy I told her, waiting to hear today which way she's going to go now. Haven't told other staff... not sure why?? Shame about the timing because the job opp would be huge in terms of satisfaction and salary!!!

RC I am STILL tired at 18wks but my OB kindly informed me that's because I never had the opportunity for 10-12 hour sleeps in first tri. Working, running the house and looking after a 20mth old would make anyone tired apparently but add in the extra effort of growing a whole new person and no wonder I want to go to bed at 8:30!!!! In my first pregnancy though I felt great from about 14wks on, right up to my delivery day. Sleep while you can and get some for me please :D

RC def don't fight it! if you can sleep, do it! enjoy it. let it refresh you. i used to sleep at least 15 hours a day. not even kidding. WITH a nap in the afternoon if i could manage. i was just wiped out.

Berri sorry about the job opp slipping by, maybe you can get something later or still kind of be on the team with it but not right in the center? get an assistant or something? hoping for you you'll get something good anyway with it.

afm, yup tww. af due next sat. planning on testing on the monday following.

Got my fingers X'd for your testing mommy!

Sorry to hear about missing your job opportunity berri, hopefully there will be bigger n better ones to come for you at a better time.

I'm just going to do exactly as advised and sleep until my tiredness goes away haha. I just can't quite believe how bad it is!

RC, I went through the same thing up until I hit around 13 weeks. The exhaustion was like nothing I'd ever experienced! I found that taking short walks with my dog really helped and the more active I was, the less tired I would become - even though thinking about actually getting up to do anything wore me out! 2nd trimester does really get better! I'm coming up on the end of it and starting to feel really tired again - but sleep eludes me! If I'm not getting up to pee 4 times a night, I'm getting kicked in the ribs and woken up.

But naps. Naps are your friend right now!

Omg I can't believe your going into your third timester it doesn't seem that long ago you got your BFP! Glad things are going well for you. Its nice to hear the tiredness doesn't last the whole time, I'm going to bed dead early every night n napping though the day. Hopefully you don't get as tired in the third timester :)

I do sometimes walk our pooch, mostly my boyfriend walks her but because otherwise I'm sat around the house all day doing nothing so your likely to be right. If I do some more walking and stuff it might help.

Omg I can't believe your going into your third timester it doesn't seem that long ago you got your BFP! Glad things are going well for you. Its nice to hear the tiredness doesn't last the whole time, I'm going to bed dead early every night n napping though the day. Hopefully you don't get as tired in the third timester :)

I do sometimes walk our pooch, mostly my boyfriend walks her but because otherwise I'm sat around the house all day doing nothing so your likely to be right. If I do some more walking and stuff it might help.

I know! I can't believe it myself .. it really has just flown by!

I was trying to think last night of what things also helped me with my tiredness, too. I really did just stay in bed anytime I could. I do work 14 hour shifts so I'm sure that attributed to my sleepiness but even on my days off I was just totally bogged down. I was NEVER a fan of naps before I became pregnant but during first tri, I fell asleep everywhere. I guess there is no cure, really. Coffee or soda didn't even help so I skipped over that.

Are you feeling any morning sickness at all?? That kicked in for me around week 8 and lasted until I was 20 weeks. THAT was awful. If you start to feel that, lemon in water helps. Sour things. Seabands. Medicine didn't work for me at all. I hope you don't get it because it is not fun!

Also, on that note, eat while you can! Right now, he's sitting up so high, and right on my stomach, that I can't eat full meals without getting indigestion or feeling like I can't breathe. Small meals/snacks have to work for now! This pregnancy thing is weird! lol

Haha you make it sound so appealing lol. I've not had any sickness at all yet really, I've got a lot of burps though lol. I'm hoping I don't get morning sickness, everyone has said how awful it is.

Keep that in mind and it gives me another excuse to eat a little more then I usually do at the moment, as my boyfriend keeps saying the fetus is so small you don't need any extra calories yet. Lol

Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes smoothly :) keep checking in on us and letting us know how its going :) it's always good for us who are new to pregnancy to get advice and also those who are still trying for hope :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->