• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babywearing Addicts!

I have just got this:

https://melkaj.blogspot.com/2011/03/mei-tai-407.html

Spotted it earlier on today and fell in love and it was still available :happydance: :happydance:

Just commented on NMs but oh well haha...it's gorgeous! :)

I would like a nice wrap for the summer, any recommendations? Something light that will keep us cool, maybe linen or something? You ladies will be able to help I'm sure

I LOVE Didy Agave, it's thin but really supportive, a blue cotton side and a goldish linen side which has a bit of shimmer :)

The minute I paid for it I logged back on to NM and had a pm saying my ISO had been found somewhere I was like nooooooo! Cos I couldn't afford it with what I had left in paypal but my OH just said he will lend me the rest towards it :D Knew there was a reason I married him :haha:

Oooh pretty! You and your stripes :lol:
Although I can't talk...my whole stash is basically green and brown...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/metalmorphosis/Babywearing/P1020228.jpg

Not got a current wrap pic but it's also green/blue/brown apart from Hoernum :rofl:

Your SSC stash is lussshh! i love the E2E but i dont really do SSC's anymore im definatly more of a wrapper! a stripey wrapper at that :lol:

The minute I paid for it I logged back on to NM and had a pm saying my ISO had been found somewhere I was like nooooooo! Cos I couldn't afford it with what I had left in paypal but my OH just said he will lend me the rest towards it :D Knew there was a reason I married him :haha:

Aww what a legend! This is really shameful but the only time I got OH to pay for a carrier was when I offered sexual favours in return. Oh dear, the addiction must have taken hold, I've basically turned into a prostitute! :blush::rofl:

Oooh pretty! You and your stripes :lol:
Although I can't talk...my whole stash is basically green and brown...

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v335/metalmorphosis/Babywearing/P1020228.jpg

Not got a current wrap pic but it's also green/blue/brown apart from Hoernum :rofl:

Your SSC stash is lussshh! i love the E2E but i dont really do SSC's anymore im definatly more of a wrapper! a stripey wrapper at that :lol:

Thanks! The top two are MTs, the bottom one SSCs...I go through phases of wrapping more vs. using these, but at the moment I'm justifying it by thinking that the SSCs are good for wet/muddy weather, but the MTs will be better for when it gets really hot as they don't have the structured waists which I reckon will get really sweaty! I tend to wrap if I'm going for a long walk, and not taking LO in and out, but then the E2E was fantastic yesterday on a long walk, usually I need the support of a nice wrap but it was sooo nice :)

Aww what a legend! This is really shameful but the only time I got OH to pay for a carrier was when I offered sexual favours in return. Oh dear, the addiction must have taken hold, I've basically turned into a prostitute! :blush::rofl:

:rofl: :rofl:

Ive just ordered a dark blue wrap on ebay from victoria the slinglady :) cant wait for it to arrive :)

I showed my cousin how to wear her LO and she's hooked...borrowed my stretch wrap lol!

I've started babywearing (more like toddlerwearing!) after a long break and Mairi seems to have taken to it in her Mei Tai really well (she fell asleep this afternoon). So much so I ordered an Ergo off e-bay (which arrived today, but I was at GPs, so I have a wee red postcard and now I have to wait till tomorrow, booooo). I've also ordered a Beco from Babipur to see which of the 2 I like best. I really wish I had the patience to babywear more when Mairi was little, but I just seemed permenantly flustered. Now I feel far more relaxed and really hope it works out this time. Just wish I could get the hang of back carries! x

I have bought a storch wrap off of NM im sooo excited :) :) im going to use Harry to break it in if it isnt soft yet while im pregnant!!! Ill need to master a back hold now!

i just got another short didy stripes! iris this time! very niceee :)

Dont know if anyone is interested but a girlie friend of mine is selling her pretty samsonite carrier

https://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Samsonite-Ba...by_Carriers&hash=item27b9451130#ht_500wt_1156

No where near as lovely as a lot of your slings/carriers/wraps but pretty nevertheless.

Daft question, I know... does anyone know where I can get a nice pre-loved Mei Tai from? I saw a couple of nice ones on e-bay, but I prefer the thought of recycling.:thumbup:

umm keep your eyes peeled incase someone sells one lol there is a sling forum that i believe has a buy sell section out there somewhere

Daft question, I know... does anyone know where I can get a nice pre-loved Mei Tai from? I saw a couple of nice ones on e-bay, but I prefer the thought of recycling.:thumbup:

Have a look on natural mamas forum, they have a for sale or trade bit :)

me me me I'm selling one :thumbup:

https://www.babyandbump.com/buy-swap-sell/556434-palm-pond-mei-tai.html :D

im hoping someone can help i relly want to become a baby wearing addict but there is so many to chose from by little girl is 7 weeks and 9lb any suggestions love the look of the connectas and ergos but what does everyone think xx

im hoping someone can help i relly want to become a baby wearing addict but there is so many to chose from by little girl is 7 weeks and 9lb any suggestions love the look of the connectas and ergos but what does everyone think xx

are you in the UK? have you had a search for your local sling meet/library?

Hiya!:flower:

When Mairi was 4 months, I was introduced to the Moby. It's a wrap sling. I loved it and wish I had seen it sooner. My friend had her son in it from birth and they both got on really well with it. Everyone's different, so it might not work for you. They're quite cheap too. If you google Victoria the sling lady, she makes wrap slings fairly cheaply.

Good luck!

:wave:

Hiya :wave: you found the thread hun :)

I LOVE my beco butterfly- I have had a couple ring slings, a homemade mei tai, and a stretchy wrap over the years (a couple of which were gifts) but nothing I could wear for any length of time without my back hurting (I have a terrible back). The Beco is fantastic! It holds my youngest close to my back (or front) so my back isn't pulled or contorted in a direction it doesn't want to go :rofl: Also the inside panel means I can place her in the carrier first and then put her on my back like a backpack- much better for me as my balance and tying skills are not the best. :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->