• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Babywearing Addicts!

Hi fellow baby wearers :flower: I have been wearing Kieran since birth. I started wearing him in a Mei tai when he was really small while I was waiting for my custom sling to arrive. I now wear him in the sling In the cradle hold everyday. I use it indoors for napping and also wherever we go. I think that he is so used tothe sling now he has not settled in the Mei tai at all in weeks. Do you think that he will ever llike the Mei tai again? I really hope so because my DH can wear him in it, too.

yes as he gets older he will want to be upright more and be able to look around and you will find he will like being in an upright hold or in the mei tai alot more, typically this is around the time babies learn to sit up as well

:hi: I need some advice from you lovely ladies please?
I usually wear LO in a moby and we both love it but I recently bought a Mei Tai now she's a bit bigger. I tried it for the first time last night and it was awful! :cry:
She screamed at first but settled quickly and seemed pretty comfy but I found it really painful to wear. We went about a mile or so but halfway I had awful pain in my lower back/pelvis and thighs. Did I tie it wrong? or do I just need a bit more time to get used to it after the moby?
Any and all help gratefully received as I really want to use my pretty Mei Tai! :brat:

Pinklizzy- put a pic on the baby wearing pic thread and the girls can see how your wearing Lo :flower:

Is bad to have an ergo but also want a connecta? :lol:

henny no its not bad lol expensive but not bad and connecta is closing down so get one quick while u can

Don't panic, Connecta will be reopening under new ownership. I'm selling one at the moment though. ;)

Don't panic, Connecta will be reopening under new ownership. I'm selling one at the moment though. ;)
:haha: I saw that on CNT but I would love a patterned one cause the ergo is plain green.

I got a storch anna on sat and i love it so much its lush!! I now need to borrow my sons doll to practise wrapping now so i have it right for when the baby comes... im a little rusty and am far to used to a mei tai!!

Guys I'm really struggling with figuring out how to put Ivy in a back carry with the Ergo on my own :( Its been really warm the past few days and wearing her on my front has made both of us absolutely boiling. I actually took her out in the pram for the first time since October a few days ago and she LOVED it, reaaally don't wanna have to start lugging that big thing about again! Does anyone have any tips. Or a link to a good youtube vid? Also does anyone ever use the hip carry, what do you think of it?

Guys I'm really struggling with figuring out how to put Ivy in a back carry with the Ergo on my own :( Its been really warm the past few days and wearing her on my front has made both of us absolutely boiling. I actually took her out in the pram for the first time since October a few days ago and she LOVED it, reaaally don't wanna have to start lugging that big thing about again! Does anyone have any tips. Or a link to a good youtube vid? Also does anyone ever use the hip carry, what do you think of it?

Clip it round your waist with shoulder straps already done up,bend forward and hip scoot little one round up onto your back then reach behind you for the strap and pull it up and slide your arm in :) Practise over a bed/sofa first in case you drop LO. Dougie on here made a good video here that explains better :) https://louiesmummy.blogspot.com/2011/01/how-we-do-back-carry.html

I want an Ergo so bad!! DH has agreed to get one for the next one!! I am not going to need a pram at all lol! I've decided I might sell mine to buy an ergo and just get a cheap thing for emergencies!!

My meitai came but after trying it Im def a wrap girl so I have sold it onto Jessa :D And now Im waiting for a zara ocean :happydance:

What can I sell to fund my Ergo?? I have a woven wrap to sell if anyone is interested?

What are you girls dressing your LO's in in this lovely weather? Babywearing is getting soo hot, I've even had to use my stupid pram a couple of times. I hate it!

Just a t-shirt and pair of trousers for us, I bring his jumper and a light jumper for me incase we need to bulk up a bit if the sun goes in or it gets later

Its still quite chilly up here so house clothes and a light jacket on top. For me its my black fleece zipper and a thin cotton jacket in the bag if were out for a long time and it gets colder.

Jellybeann ive been trying to find all sorts for my Ergo, un used games, clothes grown out of or no longer used etc. Even if it goes for a pound itll add up!

Jellybeann ive been trying to find all sorts for my Ergo, un used games, clothes grown out of or no longer used etc. Even if it goes for a pound itll add up!

this is true...I have loads of old clothes but I stuck em on ebay and nobody wanted to buy them lol, time to put them on a s a job lot! I'm trying to sell a woven wrap atm...

LADIES..I HAVE THE ANSWER TO YOUR PROBLEMS!! sell all your WN and other pretty nappies to me ..to fund your Ergo..hahahahaha

Liliana..does this make me a babywearing addict now?? I have five carriers :blush: shame Jessa shame!! hahahaha
ps I might get an Ergo when Liv gets older! hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"