Babywearing Addicts!

I love babywearing! My lo really likes the Moby, but it's kind of a pain to put on in public (the ends drag on the ground while I'm putting it on--eww). We got an ergo recently but she's too small still to fit into it well. She goes too low and gets mad because she can't look around. I have a mei tai ordered and I can't wait until it gets here!

i just bought two new wraps :rofl: i bought a lovely blue stripe neobulle and a grey/black nati im planning on cutting the neobulle down to make it shorter though for a quick ruck because i end up with huge tails hanging down when i do a ruck in the 6!

has anyone got any experience with custom made direct from babyhawk? ive heard of a really bad experience with customer service :/
I REALLY want a sugar skulls mei tai!!!!!!

i havnt nope but i really want sculls on cherry straps ohsnap too!! :lol:

I got my BH as a custom, but I ordered it through Naturally Happy Slings when they had a discount offer on pre-orders. I had no probs at all, but I didn't have to deal with BH direct. There are often pre order discounts advertised in the WAHM FSOT on NM.

Kate&Lucas - did it look a little something like this?

https://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/03/pug_carrier.jpg

:shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock::shock:

Oh my hat!! That poor dog! :o

Um somebody call the SPCA that's just cruel!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh I was walking the dog the other day and an old man told me to take off my ergo and strap it to the dog and make him do his share :rofl: They would both love it I'm sure but I think social services would be on my case...

ladys who live in rural areas do you find you get less comments than the ladys who live in big towns or citys? because no one ever even bats an eye at me wearing here but when i go to my mums she lives in a big town i get all sorts of comments and funny looks! which is funny because surely babywearing in a city or town is easyer than pushing a pushchair!?

I live in a medium sized city (about 100,000) and get comments all day long (I wear everywhere). I'm going to a large city in 2 weeks (Montreal & Quebec City) and for sure French women do not wear their babies, lol, so I'll see how many comments I get.

Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me crashing :flower:

I am a uk size 22/24 and 6 ft tall

I always had an excuse not to wear my babies but I have found some hidden confidence from somewhere, I took my wee man out for his maiden voyage in our new mei tai, and we both LOVED it! :happydance:

Hi Ladies,

I hope you dont mind me crashing :flower:

I am a uk size 22/24 and 6 ft tall

I always had an excuse not to wear my babies but I have found some hidden confidence from somewhere, I took my wee man out for his maiden voyage in our new mei tai, and we both LOVED it! :happydance:

Fantastic hun! There are plenty of plus sized ladies around here who wear their babies with confidence and style. Glad he loved the mei tai!!

I've been avoiding this thread and trying to convince myself that I'm not really a babywearing addict. :blush: At the moment I have four slings, a ringsling, two Connectas and a Storch wrap. My 11 month old daughter hates the pushchair so she gets worn out and about and at home too. I carried my son occasionally until his third birthday in January, but he hasn't wanted to be carried since. :( A few times I did tandem wearing but sadly I never got a photo of that before my son stopped. I really want a new wrap but haven't figured out a way to sneak it past hubby yet. :haha:

https://www.doggiestylish.com/store/images/wordpress/uploads/2010/03/pug_carrier.jpg

dear god :shock:

We went to baby massage in the moby this morning and they all were sayin 'oh god that looks complicated...' I was the only one able to hold a brolly in the rain on the way out though :haha: xx

iv finally found a back wrap which suits us! back wrap cross carry with a tebtian tie! so comfy and he cant wriggle! ohhh so glad iv just bought two more wraps :rofl: i dont want too take him out! although he is getting frustrated now because he wants to get down and play with charlie :lol: im happy to do my house work with him up there where he cant cause trouble!

I am getting a bit obsessed with babywearing :haha: Already have another sling on the way, a girasol 3.8 to play with and im lusiting after didymos purple geckos. I knew another addiciton would take over once I got stash happy with my nappies :rofl:

nah its never too late im getting worse now and harrys 13 months!! at first i was happy now i have 3 wraps and im still not happy! lol

Hubby and my boys :cloud9:

Attachments

• ergo.jpg
    ergo.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 32

:shock: WTF is wrong with people?!

iv finally found a back wrap which suits us! back wrap cross carry with a tebtian tie! so comfy and he cant wriggle! ohhh so glad iv just bought two more wraps :rofl: i dont want too take him out! although he is getting frustrated now because he wants to get down and play with charlie :lol: im happy to do my house work with him up there where he cant cause trouble!

I need to try that one, at the moment I've only done rucks and double hammock [only use DH now] but I fancy trying something different for my thicker wraps because they seem to squash my boobs down a bit, not too flattering! :blush:

Hubby and my boys :cloud9:

Did you mean to post a clickable pic? My eyes aren't so great! :blush:

Had a couple of really positive comments today :thumbup:

I had LO in a DH with Hoernum Fische :cloud9:
First an old lady on the bus asked if he was always so happy and well behaved [of course I said yes]:haha: She said she'd just come back from Singapore and that there were lots of women out there doing it, but on their fronts...she saw a lady with a 2.5yr old and said she just had to take a pic! :lol: She also said it was cute that I had the little Slingview mirror to check on him and that more people should do it :thumbup:

Next, I was waiting for someone at the train station and sat next to a young African guy [similar sort of age to me, late 20s maybe?] and he started chatting and said that it made him happy seeing us because it reminded him of home, his mother used to carry him on her back :)

Makes a nice change from some of the comments I've had recently anyway!

AFC84- not sure how to enlarge it, normally I can do them that people can enlarge the pics :shrug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->