breast pumping?

This thread has actually just pissed me the f*ck off. Alright, breast feeding might not be for you but to say it's not natural is the most stupid thing I have ever read in my LIFE. What exactly were you taught is the definition of natural? I cannot for one second believe that when my little girl is on my boob looking up at me, that it's not natural and not the way it's supposed to be.

If you choose not to breast feed, that's your business, but it is natural, it is how it's supposed to be, and I'm quite offended.

This thread has actually just pissed me the f*ck off. Alright, breast feeding might not be for you but to say it's not natural is the most stupid thing I have ever read in my LIFE. What exactly were you taught is the definition of natural? I cannot for one second believe that when my little girl is on my boob looking up at me, that it's not natural and not the way it's supposed to be.

If you choose not to breast feed, that's your business, but it is natural, it is how it's supposed to be, and I'm quite offended.

People tend to see breasts as a sexual object.. which is quite stupid b/c a baby attached to it is quite possibly the least sexual thing I can think of in the world. It's that way of thinking that makes women feel uncomfortable breastfeeding their baby in public which is quite terrible to be honest.

Neecee, this thread was not made to get into a discussion about formula and breastfeeding... If you actually go and read the initial post, it was asking who has pumped and their experiences. Someone else took the liberty of making a rude comment about people not wanting to breastfeed.

If I wanted to have a big debate, I would have made a thread about whether people favoured breastfeeding or formula feeding.

You have almost 1000 posts. You should know by now that threads do tend to derive from the original post :\

People tend to see breasts as a sexual object.. which is quite stupid b/c a baby attached to it is quite possibly the least sexual thing I can think of in the world. It's that way of thinking that makes women feel uncomfortable breastfeeding their baby in public which is quite terrible to be honest.

I agree with that. There is nothing sexual about breastfeeding my child whatsoever and I believe that's why a lot of women see it as uncomfortable and unnatural. God put them there primarily to nourish our children - whatever we've done with them since then should not detract from their original function!

Actually, maybe we should start a different thread to debate this as it has kinda wandered...

wow what a post , i chose to not breast feed both children didnt try it. im the same as nikky , i dont feel comfortable, my daughters still got the best start in life with LOVE , milk yes is " better" from breast but from formula is near enough the same if you get closest to breast milk( for those people that think WTF she said its the same i said NEARLY the same) Aslong as my daughter is fed thats all that matters , she is healthy loved and thats all that matters. Just because i didnt try and breast feed doesnt make me selfish at all , i dont feel comfortable with someone sucking on my boobs even though its natural i just couldnt do it.

I shouldnt need to read that people think others a selfish for not trying.. people feel differently not everyone is the same..

Neecee, this thread was not made to get into a discussion about formula and breastfeeding... If you actually go and read the initial post, it was asking who has pumped and their experiences. Someone else took the liberty of making a rude comment about people not wanting to breastfeed.

If I wanted to have a big debate, I would have made a thread about whether people favoured breastfeeding or formula feeding.

I agree the original thread was about expressing.... therefore maybe those who have no intention of even breastfeeding or expressing shouldnt have commented if they didnt want comments thrown back at them :shrug:

the question was not.... breast or bottle??

it was peoples experiences of pumping??

Im not saying those members who wrote about not doing either SHOULDNT have but if they hadnt then the thread wouldnt have been swayed into more of a debate!

my friend who only managed to breastfed her babies first feed continued with formula because she could monitor how much her baby was feeding!! She had to write it down!!

Thats something I like the idea of as well!! With a breast you dont know how much baby is drinking!!

I think you have a pretty good idea when your baby is satisfied in regards to breastfeeding. Also, you can see the milk gather in their chin and then they swallow. Besides, if it's not gaining weight then you know baby isn't getting enough.

No. Actually the one thing I dislike about breastfeeding is not knowing how much they're getting. It can be very scary when they don't eat for a hile or eat a lot. You wonder if they're hungry/full/poorly. My little boy was ill recently and stopped eating and I almost ignored it because I thought he might have just been not hngry, but he had a virus and needed treatment for it. Had I inored it, he wouldn't have got the treatment he needed and possibly beome more ill.

Its VERY difficult to know exactly how much which is why I think bottlefeeding is a good idea (expressed milk or formula). I wouold do it but BF works well for us :)

xxx

my friend who only managed to breastfed her babies first feed continued with formula because she could monitor how much her baby was feeding!! She had to write it down!!

Thats something I like the idea of as well!! With a breast you dont know how much baby is drinking!!

I think you have a pretty good idea when your baby is satisfied in regards to breastfeeding. Also, you can see the milk gather in their chin and then they swallow. Besides, if it's not gaining weight then you know baby isn't getting enough.

No. Actually the one thing I dislike about breastfeeding is not knowing how much they're getting. It can be very scary when they don't eat for a hile or eat a lot. You wonder if they're hungry/full/poorly. My little boy was ill recently and stopped eating and I almost ignored it because I thought he might have just been not hngry, but he had a virus and needed treatment for it. Had I inored it, he wouldn't have got the treatment he needed and possibly beome more ill.

Its VERY difficult to know exactly how much which is why I think bottlefeeding is a good idea (expressed milk or formula). I wouold do it but BF works well for us :)

xxx

this worries me too!! I think i might keep a feed diary...so I can work out how much my baby is feeding and for how long!! (obviously when I go onto expressing I wont need to)!!

I did read thought that bottle fed babies are more likely to be overfed!!

Good grief, I believe both Nikky and I said that WE did not feel it was natural for US to breastfeed... It may be natural for you, but it is not natural for me.

No one said it wasn't a natural occurance for the human race to breastfeed.

So be pissed off all you want, but your totally blowing it out of context.

The other thing Ive found is that Seth sits on the breast but isnt always taking milk, so he could be sitting there for 20 mins and onl eating for 5. If that makes sense. Its very confusing! but when you have your babies and get to know them then Im sure you will feel confident about if theyre eating properly.

Also Leeds (sorry to trail off the topic) I noticed you said about feeding in public. I didnt like the idea either, but its not half as bad as you think. Ive been out practically every day and fed in public 3 times. A lot of places cater for feeding and provide seperate places so please dont feel like you have to lock yourself away! it will drive you crazy! lol

xxx

i love bfing and feeding in pu blic is fine i have had no problems i use a musiln or swaddling cloth draped over my shoulder to be more discreet it u feel u want to bf there are also discreet ops u can buy to x

I know there are discrete ways of doing it... and I might feel totally different after my first few weeks with my baby!! But I really cannot think of anywhere in my town centre where I can go!!

I was also with my friend who ended up bottle feeding and it just seemed so much easier and less hassle... we could just feed her baby sitting in subway!!

To you maybe and to some women.To me it's very far from being natural...:shrug:

HMM. I think she just proved me right. How can you think it's not natural? :| Jeeeeez. Someone define natural to me please, because I don't think my definition seems to be the same as everybody elses.

a coffee shop x

arr I see!! Thats a good idea... a coffee shop... Some restaurants are still asking women to stop in England though arent they??? I know the law is on our side in Scotland but in England the law isnt quite there!!

im not sure but i think as long as u dont sit there with them hanging out whats the problem.

women have been doig this for years and if my babe is hungry iwill feed him x

a coffee shop x

arr I see!! Thats a good idea... a coffee shop... Some restaurants are still asking women to stop in England though arent they??? I know the law is on our side in Scotland but in England the law isnt quite there!!

I'd like to them try and ask me to stop!!

You girls are all lucky though, I can't even think of an excuse for me to be in public after LO is born!

trust me if some one tried to stop me there would be trouble xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"