breast pumping?

You see that last comment???? How babies shouldnt be taking in a restaurant in the first place!!!!

MY GOD OUTRAGE :hissy: :hissy:

So does that mean we have the right to stay put and tell them where to go? I'm all for feeding whenever and wherever, but I'm just worried that I'll be made to feel like some sort of freak for doing it - eventhough that's what my boobs are primarily for. I know some people have ways of making you feel crap for trying to do the best thing no matter what the law says.

That's what worries me too. I'd be so upset if someone complained or I did get asked to leave somewhere, even if it was my right to be there x

i wanna smack um x

Me too!

I think Kerry you should reply, that all ugly people should be banned from restaurants because looking at them whilst you are trying to enjoy a nice meal, just makes you wanna vomit. :rofl:

Uuu,you told them good Kerry! You go girl! :yipee:

Now you can come and persuade my whole state in this...
I don't know if UK is more liberal on this subject or is it just my state but over here you would surely be asked to stop if you were to breastfeed in public.
People would ostracize you like a leper and would be gasping in shock!

Not to mention a restaurant,I would get kicked out!
It is part of the reason that I won't be breastfeeding....

im not surprised amy.... ist making me feel like maybe I would be doing something wrong!!!

how can u be disgusted by something that is so natural xx

You see that last comment???? How babies shouldnt be taking in a restaurant in the first place!!!!

MY GOD OUTRAGE :hissy: :hissy:

I just read that :hissy:

And their original comment:
I find it rude and inconsiderate to breastfeed in public. Manners cost nothing. If someone has to breastfeed then finding somewhere out out of site is hardly an effort.

And breastfeeding in a restaurant? That's disgusting, it really is.

I'm actually disgusted that someone could be so rude about it. And they have the cheek to talk about manners?! :rofl: How about politely looking the other way (as I'm sure he would if a woman was wearing a low cut top too - how shocking!)

Does he think breastfeeding reveals any more?! x

It's ignorance.

People over here expect you to find a cave and breastfeed there.

i can see why some women dont want to BF as others attitudes can be intimidating xx

Some of the states have really strange laws lol!

Over here I dont think it is a big deal, you dont see alot of people out breastfeeding though. Occassionally, but I guess maybe people just either do it at home or in the family washrooms/nursing centers.

I think some people are just uncomfortable seeing it because it is a private thing? Like I know when I see women sitting on a bench somewhere breastfeeding you kind of feel like your encroaching on some kind of private moment bettween the mother and her baby?

I think we are probably the most public mammal with breastfeeding also.

However, its a free country over here and if people feel like breastfeeding in public there isnt anything wrong with it.

Over here I dont think it is a big deal, you dont see alot of people out breastfeeding though. Occassionally, but I guess maybe people just either do it at home or in the family washrooms/nursing centers.

I think some people are just uncomfortable seeing it because it is a private thing? Like I know when I see women sitting on a bench somewhere breastfeeding you kind of feel like your encroaching on some kind of private moment bettween the mother and her baby?

However, its a free country over here and if people feel like breastfeeding in public there isnt anything wrong with it.

I was at a store the other day and a woman was just walking around shopping while feeding her baby. She was NOT being discreet about it at all, and although I am going to breastfeed myself, I was completely horrified by it. I mean, yes, by all means breast feed. And by all means, if you want to, sit on a bench and do it. Or wear a nursing shawl. But there's a difference when you're shopping for shoes with your boob out.

I have some nursing shawls bought.

I was at a store the other day and a woman was just walking around shopping while feeding her baby. She was NOT being discreet about it at all, and although I am going to breastfeed myself, I was completely horrified by it. I mean, yes, by all means breast feed. And by all means, if you want to, sit on a bench and do it. Or wear a nursing shawl. But there's a difference when you're shopping for shoes with your boob out.

Well I personally wouldnt do it but I dont see why it would be a problem... its not like she's flashing people... shes feeding her baby.

In my opinion.

xxx

Well I personally wouldnt do it but I dont see why it would be a problem... its not like she's flashing people... shes feeding her baby.

In my opinion.

xxx

We live in a country (Canada) where unfortunately although breast feeding isn't frowned upon but it defintely isn't the norm. You don't see people around here very often feeding in public (actually thats the first time I'd actually seen it), so while there might not be anything wrong with it, it defintely surprised me to see her walking around a crowded store absolutely making no attempt to cover herself up. I'm actually not sure about the rules here where I am, but I would actually think that if she had done that in a resturant or if a police officer had seen her, she more than likely been asked to move to another place and do it.

Just wondering, what do health professionals in America/Canada recommend? Well I assume they recommend breastfeeding but do they really try and persuade you and tell you the benefits etc etc?

I actually don't know hardly anyone who breast feeds. My cousins gf had her baby like 4-5 days ago and she's breast feeding but that is the only person I know.

They have posters up and stuff, but its more of a "do it if you want to" thing. Here at least, thats how it is. My doctor just asked me what I wanted to do and I said breast feed and he was just like "oh okay"

In the uk its very forced i think. When I had seth the mw didnt even ask how i was feeding him. she just sort of threw him at me and put it in his mouth... fortunately id always planneed on it but it did make me wonder how it made ff mummies feel.

xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->