breast pumping?

trust me if some one tried to stop me there would be trouble xx

yeah actually your right..... I would kick up a fuss too!!! I took a 2 litre bottle of water into the cinema on sat night.... there policy is strict in terms of buying things outside the premises!! But I was ready for them to tell me I couldnt take it!! They didnt luckily.... but its the same type of thing!!! I would have totally stuck up for myself and I will for my baby too!!! Thats if I do do it in public... we will see :):)

end of the day if they are hungry i will feed them and if there is no where for me to go i will do it on a park bench its not likeim doing a bex :rofl:

I had to pump in hospital and I can tell you that it is very demoralising in the first few days, it seems like you can hardly get anything at all. What I would actually suggest is hand expressing, at least until your milk comes in. There's a few reasons for this - first, the small amounts you're getting at first mean that much of it can get lost in the mechanism of the pump, where as if you express by hand you get everything. Second, hand expressing is actually more efficient than a pump as it simulates the breast much like a baby would. You've got to make sure that you express a lot - 6-12 times in 24 hours, at least once or twice during the night, so that your supply is able to keep up with your baby.

No. Actually the one thing I dislike about breastfeeding is not knowing how much they're getting. It can be very scary when they don't eat for a hile or eat a lot. You wonder if they're hungry/full/poorly. My little boy was ill recently and stopped eating and I almost ignored it because I thought he might have just been not hngry, but he had a virus and needed treatment for it. Had I inored it, he wouldn't have got the treatment he needed and possibly beome more ill.

Its VERY difficult to know exactly how much which is why I think bottlefeeding is a good idea (expressed milk or formula). I wouold do it but BF works well for us :)

xxx

The thing with breast feeding is that you don't need to know how much they are getting; they know when they are full and when they are hungry.

I'm lucky, my mum is a lactation consultant so i've been brought up very pro-BF, which means I don't see my breasts as a sexual object, and I never actually have.

my friend who only managed to breastfed her babies first feed continued with formula because she could monitor how much her baby was feeding!! She had to write it down!!

Thats something I like the idea of as well!! With a breast you dont know how much baby is drinking!!

I think you have a pretty good idea when your baby is satisfied in regards to breastfeeding. Also, you can see the milk gather in their chin and then they swallow. Besides, if it's not gaining weight then you know baby isn't getting enough.

No. Actually the one thing I dislike about breastfeeding is not knowing how much they're getting. It can be very scary when they don't eat for a hile or eat a lot. You wonder if they're hungry/full/poorly. My little boy was ill recently and stopped eating and I almost ignored it because I thought he might have just been not hngry, but he had a virus and needed treatment for it. Had I inored it, he wouldn't have got the treatment he needed and possibly beome more ill.

Its VERY difficult to know exactly how much which is why I think bottlefeeding is a good idea (expressed milk or formula). I wouold do it but BF works well for us :)

xxx

I've asked quite a few mothers and they all knew if the baby was feeding or not. Maybe it's diff for every person, idk.

a coffee shop x

arr I see!! Thats a good idea... a coffee shop... Some restaurants are still asking women to stop in England though arent they??? I know the law is on our side in Scotland but in England the law isnt quite there!!

I think the law is pretty much the same in either side of the border. i think it's illegal to chuck a pregnant woman out of a establishment for breastfeeding. i could be wrong though. I'd totally sue if someone did that to me.

I think the law is pretty much the same in either side of the border. i think it's illegal to chuck a pregnant woman out of a establishment for breastfeeding. i could be wrong though. I'd totally sue if someone did that to me.

It's not the law in England yet...they do have the right to ask you to stop at the moment, but they're passing a law soon to change that:

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/article4139093.ece

'Currently women can face charges under public order or indecency laws'

Still only up to 6 months though (think it might be for any child under 2 years in Scotland?) x

It's not the law in England yet...they do have the right to ask you to stop at the moment, but they're passing a law soon to change that:

https://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/lif...cle4139093.ece

'Currently women can face charges under public order or indecency laws'

Still only up to 6 months though (think it might be for any child under 2 years in Scotland?) x

I didn't think this was right and found this article this morning....

https://www.babiesnappies.co.uk/breastfeeding-in-public-the-laws-made-clear/

Women cannot be asked to stop Breastfeeding, if she is then she can take legal action on the grounds of sexual discrimination,

and

Women certaintly cannot face charges themselves under public order or indecency laws.

A quote from the link

"Deputy Minister for Women Barbara Follett concluded: “Mothers have to be confident that they can breastfeed their infants in a café, restaurant or shop without the embarrassment of having the owner ask them to stop. This type of discrimination has in fact been unlawful for more than thirty years, and the mother - with a baby of any age - could challenge the owner under the Sex Discrimination Act.”

There really is still a lot of confusion around B/F in public.

wow so confused everything is comflicting each other

i will still do it but wow im confused x

So does that mean we have the right to stay put and tell them where to go? I'm all for feeding whenever and wherever, but I'm just worried that I'll be made to feel like some sort of freak for doing it - eventhough that's what my boobs are primarily for. I know some people have ways of making you feel crap for trying to do the best thing no matter what the law says.

https://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76608&st=25&gopid=1387739&#entry1387739

Im "debating" with some other special police officers!!! Im getting mad!!! If you read maybe give me some pointers to make to these idiots!!

https://www.policespecials.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=76608&st=25&gopid=1387739&#entry1387739

Im "debating" with some other special police officers!!! Im getting mad!!! If you read maybe give me some pointers to make to these idiots!!

wow !! i'm really really shocked at their replies!

How narrow minded. I find it rude and inconsiderate when people talk with their mouths full of food, i find it rude and inconsiderate when people smoke in the street outside shops and restaurants and i have to walk past. (BTW i'm just quoting from the link, please don't anyone get offended) Seriously those guys need to wake up and get a reality check!

Thanks for that Whisper! This is from that article too - might want to put a link on the police forum Kerry! x

As Barbara Follett, Deputy Minister for Women and Equality, stated: “The law is not as clear as it could be. People are unsure of their rights and their responsibilities in this area. Some people also think that women can be charged with indecency for breastfeeding in a public place. This is utter nonsense and completely wrong”

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->