Canadian Moms & Moms to be!

They knew I was bfing Peyton too. Most people did advise to use one even when bfing. I'll definately have some prepared too, they were a lifesaver, although if the new baby doesn't seem interested that will be ok too.

I was never told to use a soother.

I didn't really introduce anything to Elliot for a long time, and he hasn't really needed it :)
He has sucked on one ONCE lol. I think this time I had success with breastfeeding because I didn't use anything but my boobs. No schedule, no top ups, just popped him on my boob when he was showing sucky signs. With Helena, she had a soother, I was pumping, I was doing all sorts of unnecessary things. This time, I just sat down and put him on my boob.

haha ya if I had done that Peyton would never have been detached from my body :rofl:

Hope you get AF soon!!! Have you ever tried vitex? It is an herbal remedy. Not sure what all you are doing, or what your doc is up to yet, but it worked for me after I had my daughter. It regulates your period both ways so if its long it will help make you ovulate, if its short it helps even out the hormones.

Thanks Ryder - I will look into that! Can you get it at any drug store?

Soo..funny story. Got the vitex today....got some raspberry leaf tea. Took a Vitex and literally 2 hours later got AF. Haha...hows that for coincidence? Or a fast working pill???
Well, at least now I know that I definitely wasn't ovulating when I thought I was!

Hi Starrynight! I am relatively new to this forum as well - so far it has been SO helpful! I am married to Chris, live in Ontario, and we are ttc baby #1!

:rofl: well I guess it worked eh?

They way I read to take the vitex is to take it for the first 2 weeks of your cycle anyways. So you should start taking it today anyway!

Speaking of taking stuff, lol, is anyone on micronor? I think thats what its called? My doc wants me to take it because I am having the heaviest periods and he said it should stop it?

Yeah Elliot is always on my boob, but I kinda like it, since hes my last baby, and gives me an excuse to cuddle him hah

ohh haha... ya Jasmine totally would never have gone for sitting around 24/7 with Peyton on my boob and I had no one to watch her ever.

Wendy I am on micronor. Haven't had a period since B was born and have taken it since about 8 weeks pp.

Yeah I am lucky that he is mostly boob addicted in the evening, and she goes to bed pretty early. Also, she was a year older than Jasmine, so I think that would make a difference. I think it all plays a factor. :) I think I feel more shitty for ignoring her, than she does. She likes playing computer games, and playing imagination type games by herself, and then when he naps, we play candyland or bake or do crafts, so it has thankfully, worked out pretty good. Also, from some stroke of good luck, Brian has been working 3 till 11 since Elliot has been born, so he is home to do stuff with her until 2:30. Also the school thing helps.

Awww you ladies are going to make me go into labour with all this breastfeeding snuggly babies talk!! :cloud9:
I'm almost 100% sure that Alia is going to have a HUGE problem with me BFing Joni....she'll probably have a huge problem with me even holding her. I just hope it doesn't take her too long to adjust. Right now I can barely go to the bathroom without her yelling "MOMMY!!!" and crying as if I'm leaving her forever.

it will be interesting to see how Hannah reacts :argh:

She is getting better with me interacting with other children/holding babies as long as she's in a good mood. When she's in a bad mood not so much :haha: :rofl:

Stan is currently sitting in the kitchen wrapping my gifts :dohh: He has had so many fails with these gifts, leaving them in places where I walk right by them many many times it's kinda funny :haha: I'm sure there will be surprises though as all FOUR times it's happened I was good and looked away as soon as I realized what the bag sitting out was

ya, Jasmine still doesn't like playing by herself. She is constantly on me still to do everything with her. Im glad that she will be going to school shortly after #3 is born though so im hoping that will help, she is really the type who needs to be kept busy.

I just pep talked Helena my whole pregnancy lol. She surprisingly hasn't been jealous at all of him, unless the grandparents are talking to him. BUT he seems jealous of her! Has anyone had that happen??

I know Jaylene had problems with Alexander and it just was too much to keep breastfeeding. Like he would run up and hit them. Guess you don't know until the baby is here!

Ya if Alia were a bit older I could do the pep talk and prepare her, but right now she's pretty certain that she also has a baby in her tummy :rofl:

Gotta post THE cutest picture of Elliot :D

"Dontcha dare take my Trophy" (Helena thinks Sophie's name is Trophy lol)

Attachments

• DSC_4307.jpg
    DSC_4307.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 2
Thanks for the tip Wendy!

We do talk about the baby a lot (and try to use his name now and call him her brother etc.). I always refer to him as "our" baby so she doesn't feel like she's not a part of what is going on, show her the US pictures often etc.

What kinds of things did you do with Helena to pep her up for Elliot??

Melissa even though Hannah IS older she tells me she has a baby in her tummy all the time :haha: and her "pregnancy" apparently keeps her from doing things she doesn't want to do :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->