Canadians TTC

Ah, ok.....thats what the doc told me. I just was trying to do some reading and saw different times.

thanks ladies

Hi My name is Joanne, I am 35 and live in Vancouver, BC. I am currently TTC #2 and on my first cycle.

Hello ladies.

Well, did my first round of clomid and it was HELL! I was in so much pain when I ovulated, it was pretty much like I was in labour. I googled the pains and most sites said it was caused by over stimulated ovaries. The fertility doc had started me on 100mg because of my age, so I suffered through it. I also had hot flashes and I am moody anyway, so who knows if that was a change, lol.

My period is due around the 19th of Jan, so if it didnt work, we are scheduled for IUI.

Glad to hear your doing something sassy! I was on 50mgs of clomid the one month but it didn't work for me. I hope this works for you! Are they going to have problems getting in through your cervix for IUI or did you have your surgery already?

Hi all! I'm from Ontario - TTC #2 (with the first pregnancy ending in a loss at 11weeks). We're going into month 3 now of trying again.

Glad to hear your doing something sassy! I was on 50mgs of clomid the one month but it didn't work for me. I hope this works for you! Are they going to have problems getting in through your cervix for IUI or did you have your surgery already?

They said it shouldnt be a problem for IUI, they just have to use a different catheter and some other equipment, and as usual, it will be painful. But I dont care, it will all be worth it!!

They are pretty sure this will work as all of our other tests have come back good, its just the position of the cervix that is not allowing me to get pregnant.

Just waiting for my period to show any day now, so I can call and book the IUI !

Hi All!
My name is Rose and I'm from ontario. I'm 20!

Feel free to share your story with us Rose. How long have you been trying? What methods are you using? How old are you and your spouse?

Nosey, arent I? lol

Sorry for my late reply Sassy.
I'm 20 and DH is 24. I was on depo provera for 5 years with no AF. DH and I were married about 6 months before ttc. My shot was due Feb 08 but I didn't get it. So I guess it's been about a year now ttc. I had to take birth control pills to get AF back in Sept 08. AF has been irregular since. I've tried OPKs but so far no +.
I guess trying clomid might be next? I'm curious to know more about it... Can a family dr prescribe it? do you have to go to a fertility dr? what tests do they do before prescribe it?

Well, my IUI is tentativly booked.This clomid has made my periods so far in between now, so my cycles are abit off. And no one told me so when I was "6 days late" I got so excited, what a freakin let down! Oh well, I am determined this IUI will work and we will be done with all of this BS.

I am roughly booked for the first and second week of February. All I do is call when I am ovulating and go in ASAP and around 45 mins later, I am done. Hopefully forever, lol. They only recommend doing this 3 times, because the clomid is really not good for your body. Man, whatever happend to just getting pregnant the easy way, lol

Anyway, this is my update and I am very positive this first time with IUI will work!

Hi ladies,
I just noticed this Canadian buddy group. :)
I'm 23 years old and hubby is 27. We are from St. Catharines, Ontario. We have been together for almost 7 years. We had been ntnp for about the last 4 years. We started ttc this past fall. We have been referred to the fertility clinic because I have irregular cycles. I have what they call oligomenorhea. That's probably not the right spelling. I get between 3-5 periods a year. We have had our initial appointment with the fertility clinic and they sent dh off for a sperm test which we havent heard the results from yet. Doc also put me on Provera for 7 days to bring on AF. 16 days later and Af is here now. I have to call the doc tomorrow when the office opens and make an appointment for monday or tuesday. That's when they'll do some more tests and hopefully I'll get a prescription for Clomid. That's my story. I really look forward to getting to know you all :)

Hi ladies,
I just noticed this Canadian buddy group. :)
I'm 23 years old and hubby is 27. We are from St. Catharines, Ontario. We have been together for almost 7 years. We had been ntnp for about the last 4 years. We started ttc this past fall. We have been referred to the fertility clinic because I have irregular cycles. I have what they call oligomenorhea. That's probably not the right spelling. I get between 3-5 periods a year. We have had our initial appointment with the fertility clinic and they sent dh off for a sperm test which we havent heard the results from yet. Doc also put me on Provera for 7 days to bring on AF. 16 days later and Af is here now. I have to call the doc tomorrow when the office opens and make an appointment for monday or tuesday. That's when they'll do some more tests and hopefully I'll get a prescription for Clomid. That's my story. I really look forward to getting to know you all :)

Welcome!! Thanks for sharing your story =)

Hey all! I'm from Ontario. DH and I are both 32 and TTC after suffering a loss last September. Glad to see so many of my fellow Canadians on here! :wave:

Well first round of Clomid started yesterday. Also had internal and external ultrasound. I thought the lady was gonna kill me with the full bladder ultrasound. I had to pee so bad and she knew exactly where to press with her little tool to make my bladder wanna explode! lol
So ultrasounds showed 12 follicles in either ovary. The nurse said that it was a little too crowded in there and that could be a reason I'm not ovulating. It sounds to me that would be a perfectly good reason to get rid of some eggies in my mind. So anyway, they gave me the script for Clomid yesterday and I took the first one last night CD4. They suggested I take it at night to try and reduce some of the side effects. So far I haven't felt any different. Unless it's the clomid that has raised my libido a little. So now all I do is wait I guess. I have the dye test on Monday, and then another ultrasound and bloodwork on Wednesday and Friday. I'm thinking that should keep me busy while I wait. The worst part is the travel back and forth. The dye test is 2 hours away. The fertility centre is 45 minutes away. Hopefully one round of clomid is all that's needed for my BFP.
Dh is freaked out a little. He's scared we are going to end up with twins. He noticed to thank you board on the wall at the fertility centre. It's all full of thank you cards and baby pictures of all the babies they helped produce. DH just so happened to notice that more than half of the babies were twins. It was like the board was covered in twins, with just a few singletons. Then the doc mentioned Clomid has a higher risk of multiples, and then the nurse mentioned the increased number of follicles and the poor guy just about fell out of his chair. I don't think twns would be bad. I'v always wanted twins since I was like 12. He's just not that interested in the 2 for the price of 1 deal. I'd lie to hear anyone's comments on the subject.
:dust:

Lmao my hubby is ok with multiples, it's me who is freaking out!
This is my second round of clomid and this will be our first IUI.
I take mine at night too but at ovulation I am doubled over in pain, my ovaries feel so full and they are about to pop, so painful for me but I am on 100mg dose.

Anyway it will all be worth it, even if it's twins, eeek!!

SO what is the big sperm injection date?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->