Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

oh my god! i just want to eat him up!!! he doesn't look big at all!

Ginny excellent news on your scan.

Clo big congratulations I too love the name, hope you recover soon.

Loz he really is a cutie, like pichi I could eat him up.

ts sorry about the bites, the best cure for inflammation of the skin are rolled Oats, yes oats you can with put them in an old pair of stockings/muslin add a tiny bit of water and dab it on and or use it in the bath, same method. There are natural antihistamine properties in them. I used to use it a lot when Emily was small as she had really bad eczema, and it worked a treat.

Pink sorry you and mrs migg are both feeling crap.

Well I have pre 20 week scan jitters tonight. Scan 9am in the morning.

Yay for more pictures! What a cutie he is <3 Any luck with the name yet?

Thanks for the tip Debzie :) I am allergic to oats so I don't think they would work well for me. Haha! I am also allergic to soap and I a few times I tried Aveeno soap because it is "soap free" and supposed to moisturize and be really nice. I could never figure out why it would really irritate my skin until I found out about the oats The bites didn't actually give me as much trouble in the morning as they did last night so I think I am ok right now. If they start to act up again I think I will try the vinegar.

I don't think you have anything to worry about tomorrow at your scan. It is going to be wonderful. I can't wait to see your pictures!

This thread is so exciting lately! 2 new babies and so many wonderful scans! Yay :D

(I chickened out on the belly band... I changed my pants as soon as I finished posting and went to work. :haha:)

Debzie all will be well! I hope your baby is less awkward than mine, at my 20 week scan I had to be tipped almost upside down for them to get measurements, and it made me feel quite sick! :haha:

He doesn't look big to me either, but he does feel heavy! I say he simply has heavy bones! He has long fingers, big hands, and monkey toes. :haha:

No name yet...we are going to discuss is seriously after this episode of star trek we are watching. :haha: (I have already suggested Spock but OH says no :rofl:) He thought I was serious!

Spock!! :haha:

He looks just gorgeous!! Perfect!

Debzie - I had the same, even worse when they handed us the info before going in! All was good as will yours be. And we get more scan pics tomorrow. This week has been great!

TS - I had a belly band and it stayed up no problems, I used under my pants as well as I found the wiastbands digging in.

Oh Loz- that baby needs a name! He is going to think his name is "Little Fella" LOL

I am really having a rough time with my wardrobe lately :( No one knows yet but my belly is getting bigger so I have to wear loose fitting, baggy shirts. The only pants that I have that fit me now are skinny cords/pants. They are low rise so I can do them up under my belly. Those seem to go pretty well together, a loose shirt and skinny pants. My other work pants are wide leg trousers that are higher in the waist. I feel like I look giant sized when I wear a loose fitting shirt with wide leg trousers so I am kind of stuck every day wearing my skinny pants. Which is good because they still work, but it is bad because I am so sick of wearing the same 5 pairs of pants over and over. :dohh:

I wore a dress yesterday, it is baby doll style, with an empire waist and very loose below the waist. Well, I am pretty sure the secretary at school noticed my belly yesterday. :dohh: I just have to get through about another week without anyone knowing. I hope!

Then I can wear my wide leg trousers with the belly bands and tighter fitting shirts because then I won't mind if someone sees my belly.

I am very frustrated with my clothes right now. It is putting me in a cranky mood. :( I hate it when I am grumpy like this.

:hugs: ts I know just how you feel. I live in my comfy yoga bottoms now (1 pair for work, one for home!) but earlier on on had a few different pants to wear but I didn't have to hide things though. Do your parents know yet or are you waiting till the scan?

No one knows I am pregnant except for 2 couple friends of ours and I told one other friend last week. :)

I so wish I could wear my yoga pants everywhere! But, they don't really go with my peasant style shirts :haha: At home I am in yoga pants or pj pants and t-shirts. I really miss my t-shirts! I usually wear t-shirts or long sleeve t-shirts all the time. But, since they are fitted I can't do that now. :(

We are waiting for the results of the serum screening before we tell anyone. I got my blood taken Sunday so I should get the results early next week. Shawn is itching to tell everyone NOW.

Aww thats nice he is so happy to want to tell people. I had some great t-shirt that I loved wearing, I doubt they'd cover my boobs now though lol. Just a few more days then in your skinnies and peasant shirts then you can have a mad spend on some new maternity clothes once everyone know your good news.

Haha! I am excited to be able to change up my clothes again :)

My t-shirts are all high neck classic t-shirt cut so they seem to be fitting ok so far. My chest was quite large before this and has only gotten a little bigger so far so I am lucky.

hey ladies hope your all well
loz he is edible gorgeous xx
cant wait to see pics debz
ts yay for getting new wardrobe soon
afm well i told a few friends yesterday who were very shocked i hope its not too early i was worried i was jinxing myself my worry head keeps popping up x

I don't think it is too early :) I bet it was nice to share.
I am being totally selfish and I don't want to tell anyone. I want to keep it to myself only. Haha!

I am not really getting a new wardrobe yet, I am going to wear clothes I haven't worn in a long time in public because of my tummy. :haha: I think I will have to wait a little longer before getting maternity clothes, my tummy isn't really big enough for that yet.

I find it weird actually, how my tummy can be so big when I only gained 3 - 4 lb so far. :shrug:

t_s i didn't tell anyone until after my first scan with Mr Pea and i got raked through the coals for not telling certain individuals :nope: i would have loved to have kept it quiet for as long as possible BUT the bulge at about 14 weeks kinda gave me away :haha: well done you for keeping it to yourself for so long :)

debz good luck although you will have had your scan already x

lozdi: i'm not sure what the wee guy looks like name wise... hmmm

good morning everyone else :wave: Pixies granny has taken her for the day today so i can have a much needed day off! i need to hoover and dust and just a general tidy then i can put my feet up as a certain little individual gave me the cold ¬___¬

hey pichi good to see you
im a little worried i didnt mention before when i was at dating scan they weighed me and said they was a little concerned at the amount of weight ive put on they said maybe midwife at booking appointment wrote down wrong.i dont overeat just same as usual do you guys think i should cut out a meal or something i really do look like 20 weeks not what i am

hey pichi good to see you
im a little worried i didnt mention before when i was at dating scan they weighed me and said they was a little concerned at the amount of weight ive put on they said maybe midwife at booking appointment wrote down wrong.i dont overeat just same as usual do you guys think i should cut out a meal or something i really do look like 20 weeks not what i am

No, you should not cut out a meal. I would just make sure that you are eating as healthy as possible. If you are really concerned you could ask your midwife about how many calories they suggest eating and try to stick to that recommendation. Large weight gain is a sign of GD, but sometimes women just gain more. I was huge by the time I was 12 weeks. (I went to a funeral at 8 weeks and my belly was quite obvious and I didn't think my dress would fit!). However, I haven't gained weight everywhere just in my belly. Strangers were constantly ask me if I am having twins because I look like a normal sized lady with a huge belly, LOL. But so far everything is going great and little guy is just a bigger than average baby (or supposed to be) and I have quite a bit of amniotic fluid, which I think has helped make my belly look big. Oh and as of my appt at 37+5, I had gained 46lbs! Hopefully it comes off as easily as it went on!

whatever you do don't worry about your weight. i know it's easier said than done but as long as you are eating well baby will take as much as it needs from you. don't cut out a meal :nope:

with Pixie i had a bmi of 32 - i put on 28lbs! but lost it all soon after having her. with my bmi making me 'obese' apparently i was only supposed to put on around 13lbs but my weight was never mentioned to me once. as long as you are keeping right those lbs will come of after birth :flower:

this is me last fri:

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/31-1.jpg

and me at 4 weeks with pixie with a bmi of 32:
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/4weeks.jpg vs 40 weeks! https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/395.jpg

Ts sorry for the wardrobe crisis I bit the bullet after 12 weeks and started wearning maternity clothes, Im bursting out of some of them now.

Kelly I wrote the same post about weight gain, I will tell you what many told me, with PAL we have enough to worry about, yoy gain what you need to support the pregnanacy and reserves for after. My weight has finally started to settle down but I have stopped weighing myself. Last weigh in I had put on 6kg so just under a stone in 20 weeks. Initiially I piled it on but in second tri hardly any.

20 weeks scan went well, baby was being uncoperative like yours loz. Confirmed its a baby girl. She kept moving away from the scanner, flipping upside down the lot, what a strange feeling. I have felt it before but it was worse today flat on my back. Measuring on dates for everything except for femur length (20+6) seems I have a long leggy girl. It will be all the kicking she does. My pic is rubbish because she wouldnot keep still and was upside down will post it later.

Kelly - I agree don't skip a meal, eat healthily nd don't be too concernd. I haven't been weighed since my booking appointment tos have NO idea how much I have put on (I haven't weighed myself at home either!). I did seem to put most of it on in the first tri and things setlled down after that and no I can only eat little meals as I feel sick if my stomach is too full.

Debzie - yay for another great scan - s usual I can't se oic whilst at work so will look when I get home.

I have mys first antenatal class (for 2 and bit hours) this evening but after the day I have had I could really do with just going home (and Dad arrives soon!). I am seriously tempted to give them a miss (tonight would be the 1st of 3) I might be able to get them rescheduled but the may be fully booked by now. What do you guys think?

Kelly - I agree don't skip a meal, eat healthily nd don't be too concernd. I haven't been weighed since my booking appointment tos have NO idea how much I have put on (I haven't weighed myself at home either!). I did seem to put most of it on in the first tri and things setlled down after that and no I can only eat little meals as I feel sick if my stomach is too full.

Debzie - yay for another great scan - s usual I can't se oic whilst at work so will look when I get home.

I have mys first antenatal class (for 2 and bit hours) this evening but after the day I have had I could really do with just going home (and Dad arrives soon!). I am seriously tempted to give them a miss (tonight would be the 1st of 3) I might be able to get them rescheduled but the may be fully booked by now. What do you guys think?

If you have never been through a class before, I recommend going. It really helped calm my fears and prepare me for what to expect in labor. I took a refresher course this time around too. DH wasn't too happy, since we had done this before, but it made me feel more prepared.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->