Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Happy 2nd tri Kelly, can't believe it has come around so fast!! Hope teh cough/cold is a bit better today. Have you tried gargling with disolvable paracetamol (swallow afterwards). It is disgusting to taste but might help your sore throat, forgot to mention that before.

Happy 3rd Tri mrsmig ( I also wrote on your journal too).

Loz - hope things are bit better today.

MMM - I haven't had a fray bentos pie in years. I used to love them!

Hi to everyone else!

afm - treated myself today and bought a nice girly hospital bag and am in the middle of dying some old towels black. We went to Jack and Jill sale (like a car boot type sale specifically baby/kids stuff). It was mobbed and we had to queue to get in. Loads of thing if you needed to get big stuff (car seats/prams etc) as well as toys and clothes. Some of the clothes I thought was a bit over priced being 2nd hand. I think if my sister had been there she would have been telling me to get loads of stuff but I was looking at the toys thinking 'I have no idea what is suitable/what to buy' ended up feeling a bit useless. Maybe once smartie is here that sort of thing may be more natural.:shrug:

Sounds like a lovely day pink. We don't have anything round here like that I don't think :( I'd love it as I don't see the point buying new when you can buy really well looked after second hand.

Mmm they're lovely, we haven't had one in about a year. I popped in asda this morning and seen them on offer and got one. It was so nice!! X

That sounds nice Pink. Don't worry about toys and stuff. You will find that everybody is very keen to get rid of stuff as their children grow out of it as you end up with so much stuff and you will end up getting loads of stuff passed on. We get too much really!

Feeling a bit panicky today. I don't feel sick at all and I haven't really for the last few days! It was around this time I lost my bean last time but I didn't have any symptoms or sickness last time so it never went off iykwim? I had sickness with my other 2 till around 12/13 weeks. I know every pregnancy is different but it's got me panicking :cry: x

Wobbly days are horrible Missy. I really don't know what to suggest. When I had my major wobble about symptoms dipping I went to the doctor in tears and he got me in for a scan. He sort of pretended I had cramps and the EPU went along with it just to scan me as they won't do it unless you have cramps or bleeding. I never believed in making things up to get a scan but sometimes you need that reassurance. The week when you have suffered a previous loss is horrible. So hard and we have all been through it. It could well be the stress masking the symptoms. Big hugs.

:hugs: MMM :hugs:

I wish I could wave a magic wand and move everyone who is PAL right up past their scary moments. Being PAL is so darn scary.

With my mmc I stopped feeling sick around 8 weeks and found out at 10 weeks that baby had passed. But, with this pregnancy, I stopped feeling sick around the same time so you really can't base how baby is doing on symptoms.

I think that Mrs. M. has a good idea. Maybe if you go to your dr you can get a reassurance scan. :hugs:

I've got my MW on Friday so I might just wait till then, I don't want to seem like a pain in the ass as I've already had 2 scans x

You are never a pain, it is their job! I think if you are worried you have a legitimate reason for contacting them. :hugs:

When I went along they were lovely. So reassuring. The sonographer took my hand and said "never be afraid to come to EPU you are not wasting our time". She was great I could have hugged her. Having had such hideous experiences there it made all the difference.

I am having a bit of a wobble lately too. :( I am still not feeling baby and I am so nervous about it. Also, since we told our families last week, I feel like we have done it all in. The last time we told our families we lost the baby a week later. Maybe that is another reason why I didn't want to tell anyone at all. I am feeling pretty scared about all this now. :cry: I have my next dr appt on Friday. I want to hear my baby's heart beat again. I decided against getting my own doppler but now I am kicking myself for it!

This morning I did feel something that felt like a muscle twitch in my stomach. One was up higher, a little higher than my belly button, and one was down low, near my pubic bone, about 1/2 hour apart. I am not sure if they were anything more than just a muscle twitch. I want it to be more.

This is dwelling on my mind so much that I dreamed about it last night. I dreamed that we could see the baby kicking, my tummy was moving, but I still couldn't feel anything. :(

I have my anatomy scan coming up soon. I still don't have my appt time. I am really nervous about this too. :(

I hope you are all well. I hope you all had a restful weekend.

Please don't stress about it Mindy. I didn't feel this one until much before 20 weeks, and you are meant to feel your second sooner! The twitches you described really do feel like movements to me, but in the early days of recognising it you feel it quite infrequently. You will be getting unmistakeable punches in the cervix in no time.
I'm really happy for one of my rpl friends today. She has been having bleeding over the weekend but went for a scan this morning and is measuring ahead at 8 + 5. After ten losses this has to be her rainbow. I want it for her so much.
I found out something interesting last week from my mum. My grandma, her mum was apparently trying for 7 years to conceive my mum, and then it took her a further 4 years to conceive my uncle. She wanted 4 children but only got two. I have no idea if she had any losses, but I would say its likely as this was back in the 1950's and they didn't even consider you to be pregnant until you had missed 3 periods. I wish she was still here and could have helped me through my struggles.

For those of you that are feeling wobbly-I never had morning sickness this time around. I only gagged if I forgot to eat.

I did have morning sickness with every other pregnancy before this, and well, we know how those turned out. So don't fret, every pregnancy is different, but I know what you're going through!

Oh, and I bled the whole first trimester!

I agree with Mrs. M though. If you're really worried, you should try to get in for a scan just to ease your mind.

I actually had an iPhone app that you could hear the baby's heartbeat on. It actually WORKED. I even recorded it and still have it.

TS-it sounds like you may have felt your first movement! It feels like a twitch! I think I first felt it around the same time. Before you know it, LO will be in there kicking away like a ninja! Congrats!

Thanks ladies. I know I worry too much. I am trying not too, but I am sure that every PAL lady understands.

Mrs. M., that is such wonderful news about your friend. I don't know her but it makes me very happy! :happydance:

That is interesting what you found out about your grandma. I only found out after my mmc that my mom had had 2 mc's. I knew she had an ectopic between me and my sister, but I didn't know she had a mc before me. My family is very tight lipped about everything. My Oma had my mom when she was in her late 30's. I never really thought about it before but I wonder if she had trouble conceiving or if she had mc's. She really didn't ever talk about anything. She is passed now so I am not able to ask her about it. She actually talked to me about more things than she shared with her own daughter (my mom is an only child) so I would have loved to talk to her about it.

I think you are right about the twitching. I just need to believe it!

Thank you Crayz, I am trying to convince myself that it was baby. Shawn was very excited when I told him this morning.

*off to see if there is an Android app to hear baby's heartbeat*

:hugs: for the wobbles today MMM and TS.

As for movement it was only about 18 weeks + when I started feeling the first flutterings, like bubbles and initially I just thought it was wind as it was so infrequent and not everyday. I seemed to feel more sat on the computer chair, leaning forward as I was probably squashing him up a bit against the walls.

It must be the day for it today. I am really thinking about all that went on this time last year. My last working day 18th Oct this year was the day I went in for my ERPC with my first loss so I have been thinking a lot about what would have been. I was also getting a bit mad last night that everyone seems to have forgotten about it. My MIL/FIL made a joke that I 'promised' them girls would come from my side (FIL has all grandsons and we have more girls on my side of the family) and I was thinking last night maybe the 2 I lost were girls which is why I am mad. I think if they mention that again I will say something to that effect.

:hugs: Pink :hugs:

I'm sorry you are feeling so upset and mad. In laws are wonderful at saying the absolute worst thing at the absolute worst time. My in laws have had some doozies. Like when my FIL looked at me (about 4 weeks after my first mc) and told me that my news was the only good news the family had had in a while and now it was taken away from HIM!! :gun: What about me and Shawn?????

I am sorry that your last day of work is on a bad anniversary. It is sad that it seems that many of our happy memories from this pregnancy fall on sad days from before.

Maybe I am mean, but sometimes I think we should tell our in laws, or whoever the thoughtless, horrible person is that is saying these hurtful things, exactly what is on our minds to shame them into realizing just how hurtful the things they are saying are.

I only started thinking about the girl bit after they had left, but I was mad at the 'promised girls' bit which I NEVER did although I probably suggested I was their best chance of getting a girl. Its like they are talking about girls even before this lil fella is here!

And to help us all with a smile :) I love this blog and this entry in particular made me giggle. (Also, you should look up her awkward pregnancy photos post...)

https://pregnantchicken.squarespace.com/pregnant-chicken-blog/category/pregnancy

I only started thinking about the girl bit after they had left, but I was mad at the 'promised girls' bit which I NEVER did although I probably suggested I was their best chance of getting a girl. Its like they are talking about girls even before this lil fella is here!

I'm sorry :( Like I said, in laws really suck sometimes. :hugs:

I know it sounds daft but I don't think we have an EPU ... I think my local is just a normal 'womens clinic' but the hospital in another town where I had my MC has an EPU. I don't know :shrug: I have had cramps today but unsure if that's from constipation :blush: sorry TMI :lol:

Big big :hugs: TS :( It's awful feeling like that isn't it. I'm afraid I have no advice as I can't figure out what to do myself :( X

I had cramps too. I still get them occasionally. I really think you should call if you are worried. It is no good for you to sit and worry and work yourself up. It is better call someone. It really is their job, and they will be happy to help you out. :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->