Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Haven't finished catching up because someone is showing signs of waking up and I somehow need to squeeze eating into the picture before he wants next boob- he's been cluster feeding since pretty much my last post :sleep: so cute the way he guzzles but blimey, I am tired!

Maybe Yeardley's temp has gone up because now that she is managing to eat more her body is working harder and generating more heat? Not sure if that makes sense, given I have had about 5 hours sleep in the last 24, but maybe thats the case?

Will catch up as I stuff food into my mouth frantically, then it will be milk time again and I'm planning an evening of semi-unconscious co-sleeping booby time. :munch::holly::sleep:

Well we could either all start a list and each copy and paste our due dates onto it, or somebody could compile it. Loz could update the front page of the thread if she wants but it's her thread, I don't want to hijack it!

You guys make the list, I'm sure my brain can handle a copy and paste job! (I say hopefully) :haha:

I'll let you off mrs m :haha: I think baby brain is gettin everyone today :haha:

Pichi - awww how weeny glad he's doin ok though

A bit gutted now because oh started a new job at beginning of August he hasn't been there long enough to qualify for any paternity leave so once I go into labour he has a whole 3days holiday to take so im hoping he makes an appearance on a day where the weekend would give him 5 days off, but in a way I can't really complain oh was after a different and better paid job for bout 2 years and now he's earning more and doing a job he actually likes he's so much happier

I don't know which way the little dude is lying or what is where but it is really not comfy and I can't keep still :haha:

That sucks about the paternity leave. Could they wangle some sort of other leave maybe?

OH is self employed and has a regular spot at a pub near us, he just arranged cover for the nights surrounding my due date.

Pichi-so glad your friend's little guy is doing well! 3 lbs. and 4 oz. is a tiny little thing! Those little babies are super strong. I wish them the best of luck on their new journey.

Mindy-I'm putting the clothes in the mail today. There is a thing in there that kind of looks like a stretch mini skirt, lol. It's white. It's one of those things you can wear over your regular pants without buttoning them so you don't always have to wear maternity clothes. It's made to look like you're "layering." I used it maybe once because my ass and thighs doubled in size, so I couldn't really wear my pants anyways. I also put a compression belt in there for after baby is born. The idea is to wear it for 8 hours a day to help bring your tummy back to normal post baby. I don't know if it works, or if I just got lucky, because I am in my pre-pregnancy jeans already and I can certainly still wear a bikini.

Ginny-thanks for the advice. Her reflux is so wicked. She's been on the new formula for about 2 weeks, but the sticky poo just started yesterday. It's pretty gross. It's not green though, so that's a good sign I guess.

Mrs. M-if she's teething, I will be very surprised! I was a late teether, and I lost my last baby tooth at 14 in HS. Can you believe that?! If she's an early teether, I will blame that on DH.

I just read Edie's birh story and Tenzin's. Both so different, and both very beautiful. I tried to read Clo's but it wouldn't load. I'll try again tonight. Mrs. M, you write amazingly, and that part about the stitches, "This is a lie." I LOL'd really loudly.

Loz, I really want to see the placenta. I never saw mine. It was whisked away quickly for tests because of her IUGR. And I guess her eating more could raise her temp. I never thought of that. She's a night sweat-er too, so maybe I was taking her temp after a nap. I hope you get some sleep!!

Hope, I'm sorry your OH might not have much time off. I hope, like Lozdi said, he can get some more time from somewhere.

Lozdi, I hope big fella lets you get some rest soon!

Crayz, thank you SO much. I appreciate it so very much!! I hope Yeardley is doing better today. Oh, I am so jealous of your ability to wear a bikini!! I couldn't wear one even before getting pregnant ;)

I hope you are all having a good night/day :)

Mindy, will I need your last name to send it? You can PM it to me. If not, I'm going to put "Mindy TooScared." Lol.

Hopefully it will get to you!

lol on lightening crotch! I get that too sometimes - just random little strikes.

Pichi - November 16th 2012
Hopeithappens - November 20th 2012
Pink - November 21st/22nd 2012
Mrs mig - December 30th 2012
Too_scared - march 3,2013
Kelly march 29th 2013
Ginny April 3rd 2013
Missmummymoo - may 6th/7th 2013

Mindy-The package was sent. Wow. I didn't realize what an adventure sending something internationally is! I got insurance on it in case you don't get it, but they weren't able to put a tracking number on it because of the international ordeal.

Pichi-Wow! You're so close to meeting your new LO!

Here's mine:

Lexi-NEVER AGAIN

The only thing I can think of doing is we were going to pay a week ahead on the rent anyways so that we didn't have that to think about so if we still did that oh could take his 3days hol and the other 2 days just unpaid time off if his boss will allow it but not sure if he will or not, oh rang up to take the day off the other week when I literally couldn't move because of my back and his boss rang him about 2 hours later not happy as oh has a responsibility to his job and oh was like yes and I have a responsibility to my family, so he had to go in, plus doesn't help he used one of his days hols on tues as we were getting the carpet fitted only there was a complete mix up with the carpet so it's not being put down until sat morning now so he took a day off for no reason, anyways enough about me :haha: hope all you other ladies are all well today :flower:

Crayz, thank you for saying that. I love writing, I'm pleased you enjoyed reading my story. I'm looking forward to writing the next one.
Hope, we are in the same situation. Mark isn't entitled to paternity pay either because he hasn't worked there long enough. He has to take 4 days holiday over Christmas as the place shuts down, and he may be able to take a weeks holiday anyway so hopefully it will work out so he can get a little bit of time off, and then my mum is planning to take a week off once he goes back to work and she will come for a week to help me with Edie.
Just seen on the tv that little girl who is missing has cerebral palsy and needs medication. I'm so upset, I just wish they could find her safe and sound.

I hope both of your OH's get the time off so they can spend time with the new arrival!

Thankfully the Military allowed DH off for about 8 weeks after Yeardley was born. They give a month if your wife has a c-section, but gave us longer because she was in the NICU for so long and then with her medical problems, they gave him more time. I was actually very sad to see him go back to work, but excited to get some mommy and me time with Yeardley!

Now I can't wait for him to get home so I can pass her off to her Daddy. It's not that I don't LOVE spending all that time with my daughter, Mommy just needs a break!

Mrs m hope mark gets some time off too, oh automatically has a week taken off him as they also close over Xmas so that week covers that, atleast we still have them over Xmas :) , that nice of your mam to do that too, I sooo wish my mam was one of my birthing partners again but once I knew everything was going ok with this little dude I thought it would e a nice idea for ohs mam to see one of her grandchildren born I just didn't realise how I would feel about it as it gets closer, but i can't turn around and say sorry your not coming my mam is lol but I suppose once labours in full swing The whole world and his wife could watch and I wouldn't care :haha:

That was good of them to give him the time off he needed, I think we all feel like at that at some time or other :haha: even now if Ryan goes to stop at his Nanas on a fri I'm like yey a break but then when he's not here I'm like ok now what do I do :haha:

Mrs m I saw that on the tv this morning aswell, I can't even begin to imagine what's going round her parents heads, really hope they find her soon

Crayz, if you sent it to Mindy My Town, NL Canada it would get to me... :haha: There are no other Mindy's in my town and the post office ladies know everyone. I had a letter in my box yesterday addressed to my parents' names with no P O Box and I still got it somehow. The ladies don't know my maiden name. I think they just know everything!

I am going to say thank you again, because I just can't not say thank you a million times for you doing such a wonderful thing for me! :hugs: Thank you!

My next due date is the same as yours, never again! Haha!! One baby for us too.

It is great that your OH got so much time off when Yeardley was born. It must have been a big stress lifted when you guys were going through so much already with her health.

Ginny, you are due a month after me :D

Hope, I am sure it will all work out. I can't see how your OH's wouldn't let him have a few extra unpaid days to spend some time with your new baby. I think you have a good plan in place to deal with it. It is really nice of you to let your OH's mom in the delivery room. I don't want anyone but Shawn anywhere near me when the time comes. I know his family are going to be packing the hallway outside the room but if one of them dares to step foot in the room I will scream! Haha! I am nowhere near as nice as you. :haha:

Mrs. M., it is good that you are due Migglet around Christmas so Mark will have time off anyway, without having to worry about paternity time off. It is great that your mom is coming for a week too. It will be very helpful. :) My mom wants to come for a week or 2 after baby comes too. I asked her to hold off for a few weeks after baby is born so we can come home and get used to the newest member of our family together first.

That is awful about that poor little girl. I really hope they find her soon.

Right now I am sitting on the couch drinking a nice hot tea and dreading the housework ahead of me. Haha! I didn't get the fish tank done yesterday... :dohh: Maybe I will get Shawn to help me to do the whole thing this weekend so I can do all of it at once, change the water and change out the sand all at the same time.

I am also crocheting a hat for my sister's baby. She is having an owl theme for baby so I am making her an owl hat. I already made an adult sized one for her before she got pregnant so now they will have matching hats! Haha! I have attached a picture of a hat that is the same (but different colours) that I made for another baby. I am making my sister's bigger, so she won't be able to use it right away, but I figured if it is bigger she can use it longer. I am also making this for her. Hopefully I can find some cute things when I get into town on the weekend.

I think I would much rather sit on the couch and drink tea (decaf!) and crochet all day. :dohh:

Attachments

• owl hat.jpg
    owl hat.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 0
Oh! Pichi, I showed Shawn your bedding and he loved it! We both think you did a fantastic job :)

Love love love the hat!! My mother made Yeardley a cupcake hat and a baby blanket that is gorgeous! I just got another package from her today that had a blanket, a matching sweater, and a hat. It's for our plane ride back to the states. It's so cute!

I'm relieved it will get to you regardless of the last name, lol. I thought it was kind of funny. I think the post man did a double take on it.

Yes, I was very lucky to have him home for such a long time. It's rough with your DH in the military. They are usually never around for months and months at a time, or working ridiculously long hours. I think that is the most amount of time we've ever spent together since we've been married!

I hope both of you ladies have that time together as well!

Yes, you are very nice to let OH's mother in the room. I wouldn't feel comfortable with that, but I'm just shy when it comes to my bits. I wish my mother or MIL could have come here when Yeardley came home and Scott went back to work, but nobody wants to take a 22 hour plane ride, and I can't say I blame them!

Thanks :) It isn't my pattern, I found it on Pinterest. I can't follow patterns because I am self taught for crocheting so I had to make it up as I went along. :haha:

That is awesome of your mom! I bet the cupcake hat is super cute :) I bet she can't wait until Yeardley can wear her new matching sweater and hat for the ride back to the states. I bet you can't either :)

Shawn can take 6 weeks paternity but I don't know if I have him convinced to do it or not yet. I really hope he does. Honestly, I can't imagine him being able to take his eyes off baby when he/she comes so I can't imagine him wanting to go to work. :haha: We will just have to see as time gets closer. I think I can convince him :)

I adore that hat!! My Facebook status last night said "I want an owl" :haha: I just love them.
That's nice of you to let your mother in law be a birth partner. I wouldn't have minded having my mum there with me, but Mark wanted it to be just us. She was practically sitting outside the delivery room anyway! I really enjoyed having her there to help me the week after Mark went back to work last time. Again, he could only get a week off work. It wasn't so much that she helped me with the baby as my mum has never had any experience of newborns - not even with me as I was with different parents until I was 6 months old, but it was just nice to have her there to help with the hoovering and making cups of tea for the endless stream of visitors that called in that week.
I'm loving the "never again" due date. This will be my last time as well, although that's more Marks decision than mine. I am however looking forward to enjoying my completed family and having free the headspace that ttc, miscarriages and pregnancy has taken up this last two years.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->