Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Aww thats so nice they are thrilled to bits about the new baby brother or sister. Did they say what they hoped for? Another brother or another sister?

OH getting a knee op (planned) today, just going to phone again to see if he is out of theatre.

They were very excited :D T wants a brother and C wants a sister typically :lol:

Oh fingers crossed he's out and not off work for too long ... think my OH would drive me mad being off for 6 weeks :haha: x

Yes he will probably annoy me too but its that fact it only 6 weeks till I am due that was bothering me lol!

He is back, sounding very awake and was with the physio when they let me speak to him. Look like it might be closer to 9 before I can pick him up so a late night by the time we get home.

Pink, how is OH??

Danny is led on my lap peeking at me out of one eye, he makes some funny faces!!!

Hope you are all ok?? xxx

Hi ladies. Quick update on the way home. As far as I know everything went well with my scan. The tech won't say anything but he said not to worry. No pictures again :cry: baby just wouldn't cooperate. This means I get no fun guessing with the ultrasound at all :(

I hope you are all well. I will catch up better when I am home in a few hours.

Thank ladies, I'm fine now was just when that horrible feeling stays with you, as long as it doesn't happen it's all good :haha:, saying that I've only had one dream happen I actually had to google it to make sure it hadn't happened, I dreamt Amy winehouse had been found dead in her home, random I know :haha: then 5/6 months later unfortunately it happened

Pink sorry to hear your oh is going to be on crutches for 6 weeks, fingers crossed he does better than expected and doesn't have to be, I'm praying my oh doesnt need to much time off but when it comes to things like that I don't have a clue what the recovery period is

Ts sorry the scan didn't go how you wanted and didnt get any pics, but no to long til your next one now which I'm sure you'll get some great pics of :hugs:

Hi mrs m, Kelly, mrs mmm, Clobo, Loz, pichi, sorry for missing anyone

Aww Danny sound just adorable Clobo!!

Well I am home, alone!! I got half way there for him to ring to say he is still bleeding and they want to keep him in overnight. So lonely night tonight, normally I would be thrilled about the bed to myself but I just want him home, damned these super emotional hormones!

TS - hope the scan is going well, can't wait to see the pictures!

Slow internet and slow typing. Aww shame there was no pictures TS but glad it all went well.

:hugs: pink I know what you mean I'd feel the same. Fingers crossed hes ok to come home tomorrow.

:hugs: TS it's good that things are good with bubs. Sorry you didn't get a piccie though :hugs: do you have another scan? X

Sorry hubby is staying overnight Pink. I hope he is better in the morning. In the meantime just make the most of being able to starfish.
Sorry you didn't get any pics Mindy.
Our fecking boiler has packed in. It's just a fuse or something but it means no heating - brr. Will have to have the gas fire on tomorrow till they send someone to fix it.

Thanks ladies :) Baby was either laying prone on it's face or folded up with their legs and hands over their face. :dohh: Haha! It made for a long scan and the tech having trouble getting some pictures. I had to get up and pee and see if that would help move baby around. It did help some but still not good for a picture for us. But, we got to watch baby move their arms around and play with their toes. :happydance: It was very cute. Heart rate was 159. I think I may have seen a potty shot but I don't know for sure. He (the tech) wouldn't tell at all. :dohh: We have our next scan on the 10th of November. It is a 3D one and we are hoping baby cooperates to find out the gender. I was SO hope baby cooperates. I need to know NOW what team we are on. Haha!

Pink, I'm sorry that your OH has to stay overnight :hugs: I really hope you get a super restful sleep tonight to make the night go by faster. I hope your OH has a quick recovery.

MMM, that is so sweet that your children are so excited for their new sibling!

Mrs. M., I'm sorry your mw is being dumb. Hopefully you can get the test done privately to put your mind at rest.

Hope, I am sorry you had such a terrible dream :hugs: That is so awful. I am glad you aren't so jumpy now.

Kelly, I hope your headache has eased off. :hugs:

Clobo, I bet Danny is super adorable. I would love to see the faces he makes :)

I am so sorry if I have forgotten something. I am so sleepy. After such an eventful night last night I am super sleepy today. We just got home, unpacked, and fed the doggies. We saw 3 moose on the way home. One was a tiny baby. SO cute! I am just glad they were all on the side of the road. So dangerous when they are on the road.

I hope you are all doing well. :flower:

aw T_S your little monkey sounds like how Pixie was on her 20 week scan - our picture was of the back of her head :haha: hope you get a better shot at your 3D Scan (which i'm sure you will :)) a HB of 159 is a girl going by wives tales hehe maybe you'll bring a girl to the boy brood

Clobo good to hear from you hun, glad everything is going well :)

MMM it's good your kiddies want another brother or sister - it'll make the journey that little bit easier for you if they really want to be involved :)

Mrs M your midwife seems to be a bit dippy :dohh: that's all you need!

pink hope that having your OH on crutches doesn't throw everything off too much for you :( i can see how much it'd be annoying!

hi to everyone else :waves:

well, as i've mentioned in my journal i've been having an awful lot of bother with gettin the converter for me Icandy Peach :dohh: sooo, i think we're going to get a new pram :D i'm torn between a new Peach Blossom2 and a Bugaboo Donkey... i'm favouring the Donkey because it's side by side.

MW appt went fine- got a wee surprise scan and the Mr is head down :thumbsup: measuring 34 weeks and she says he doesn't feel large (phew!) but am booked for another scan in 2 weeks time

Good that you got another scan, pleased baby is in the right position. We are all head down here too!
Mindy, hope you got a good nights sleep.
Re the midwife, I've been doing some reading and I think it seems to be the party line these days. I'm wondering if its the nhs cost saving as I have come across a few ladies who had GBS in pregnancy 1 and were treated for it. Had a second pregnancy and were either tested or treated for it no problem, but now have a third pregnancy and are encountering the same problems I am. One or two have said if they have badgered their midwives enough they have agreed to do the swab, but my problem is I don't see the midwife enough to badger them! I know one midwife out of the three is more willing to do it, but you never know which one is going to be at our clinic as they are all now based at the hospital and just do clinics twice a week, and you can't request a certain one. So I think private is the way to go, it's just a postal swab.

Pichi, what a nice surprise to see mr. pea yesterday! Looking at pictures, I like the Bugaboo Donkey better too. Then both babies can see! We were looking at travel systems yesterday :) It was very strange. I would love to add a girl to our little group here :) I didn't really have a feeling but lately I have been thinking girl. But, if baby is a boy he will be just as welcomed and loved! Just happy and healthy and then the gender is extra.

Mrs. M., I slept like a log last night :) It was so great. I didn't want to get out of bed at all this morning. I may go back there in a little while. :shy: :haha: I'm sorry you are having so much trouble with the strep b testing. I don't understand at all why they would be so inconsistent. That is weird. I agree that the private test is the way to go. It will help put your mind at ease. I don't even know if they test us for that here. Maybe it is later on? I hope they test! I will have to ask my friend next time I am talking to her.

Hi Kelly, Lozdi, Twinkie, Hope, Ginny, MMM, Clobo, Crayz, Cupcake, and anyone I have missed! I hope you are all well :flower:

I am so upset right now. A guy in a FB group I am on just made me so upset I actually hyperventilated. I am taking deep breaths to try to calm down but my head is hurting :(

It started as a simple post by someone about a friend of hers who is due in Dec and her family won't throw her a shower. She doesn't want the gifts, she wants to celebrate a long tried for baby. Her family told her she can't throw her own shower because it is tacky. This is a dog group and there are some people a part of the group who are adamant that they will never have children so there are a few differing opinions on this. This one guy felt the need to jump in and say "Besides, if she has a miscarriage it will all be a waste of money". I am SO very angry. What person thinks something like that??? I told him so and he apologized (after someone PM'd him and told him to), but seriously, that is fucked up. I can't believe it.

I'm sorry if I have upset anyone with this, I really hope I haven't. I just had to get it off my chest. I am so upset right now.

ts he sounds like a twat try not to let a didk like that upset you too much, think about your lovely scan today its funny i think we will have a girl too i cant believe your nearly 20 weeks its flown by

Thank you Kelly :hugs:

I know I shouldn't let it bother me but it just hit me like a punch to the stomach. I am trying really hard to just let it go. I think I might go have a bath and read my book for a while, that should help.

I can't believe I am almost 1/2 way done either! Time really has flown! And you!! You are nearly 16 weeks! It is very exciting :D

Maybe you and I will both add little girls to the mix <3 We will find out soon! :happydance:

:hugs: ts he is clearly a total arsehole that have no in sight into anything never mind as sensitive as this. No wonder you are so upset. I have been struggling these last few days as today was the day I had my scan at the EPU last year to find things weren't okay. I was speaking to mum last night and mentioned what next Thursday meant (the day she is coming to visit but also the year anniversary I went into hospital from my erpc). She told me to 'never mind and don't think about it'. I don't expect people to remember these dates but still a bit of sympathy wouldn't go amiss and just because I am pg doesn't mean we ever forget what we have lost. Those that have never experienced it will never understand.

as Kelly says focus on your wonderful scan and ignore the tosser.

You both seem to be zooming through 2nd tri!

:hugs: Pink :hugs: We definitely never forget. I'm sorry your mom just brushed it aside. It seems that some people think burying how we feel is the best way to deal with it. I hope you are doing ok.

what a complete Dick T_S. i'd just ignore him, he obviously has not had to experience or doesn't know anyone who has had to experience a loss. it's not something that just gets brushed to the side or forgotten about - it's a date that gets imprinted into your memory no matter how much you don't want it too. to say those things is just heartless.

I'm sorry your mum just brushed aside the topic Pink. i think some people just don't know how to talk about it :(

the babies in this thread seem to be cooking super fast! where has this year gone to?!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->