Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

MMM-We're headed to Virginia! Already started looking at houses. Hopefully we can get something set in stone before we leave. The places we are looking at are townhomes. They have beautiful open floor plans so I can be in the kitchen and watch Yeardley. That is important to me. Plus, an HOA (Home Owners Association). You pay a fee each month and they take care of everything outside of your home, like cutting grass, weeding, snow removal, ect. But we need to get moving on them because it will need to be built. There are also pools and playgrounds in the community as well, which will be great for summers. I can't wait to take Yeardley in a pool!

So I need to start taking pictures of stuff to sell online today. We are looking to hire someone to do all the dirty work for the dogs and fly With them back to the states before we leave. They'll stay with my parents (although they don't know that yet, lol) until we get there. My mother is actually keeping Habu, my rescue Dachshund because she can be a little possessive with her things. I have seen her go after Saki over bones, toys, food, ect. They have shed blood in fights. I cannot have a dog like that around a baby who will be crawling and picking things up off the floor some day. I just don't trust her. She's also very possessive over me, as she tried to lunge for my dog trainer's face one day when she was in my lap. Other than that, she is an exceptional dog. Very obedient and friendly, calm and lazy. It's just that one issue, and I just can't take that chance. My daughter comes first. And I will miss Habu very much, but she will be happier as an "only dog." My mother will spoil her with love and affection, and feed her table scraps and let her sleep in her bed. I'm just glad I saved her life (she was set to be gassed the day after I adopted her). Saki on the other hand is just a submissive little thing that wouldn't hurt a fly (really, she'll sniff at it and let it go on it's way).

Mindy, I layed on the couch all day yesterday and watched "Deadliest Catch!"

Mrs. M-I really hope you're feeling better. Was it okay when you got out of bed?

Mmmm. I miss Chinese food delivery!

Pichi, the day Yeardley was born was the ONLY day I decided NOT to take my bag to the hospital. I was feeling confident that I would be coming home that night! Lol

Hee hee yep Dannys feet are BIG!!! With very long toes!!

Pichi, LOVE that bumper, you are so clever!! Love the colours!!

Wow, so not long before some more babies are due, how exciting!! MMMoo, time will go quickly chick and before you know it you will be top of that list!!

Mindy, wow scan on Tuesday, are you finding out if :pink: or :blue:?? LOVE the owl hat!!

Crayz, hope Yeardley is doing ok?? Love the pictures in your signature!!

Kelly, happy Orange!!!

Yes, nursery and bump pics please!!!

AFM, sorry I haven’t been around, don’t know where the time goes to be honest!! All is good with us here!! xxx

Hey Clo! Time never stops flying by when you are a mum! Edie is 3 next month and the time has never, ever gone so fast. It seems like yesterday she was born. You really do have to relish every moment because the next little thing comes by in a flash. Danny will be crawling and weaning before you know it! It's great to see you though.

Hope, that is just terrible for your parents to come home to. :( I hope they can get it sorted soon. I bet your new carpet is super cozy. Just be careful not to do too much! But I guess you know that. :) I hope you are not feeling too sore today.

Pichi, I am going to get a wrap too and see how it goes. I think it would be nice for things like walking the dogs (with Shawn holding the leashes!) and grocery shopping. Who knows, though, what is going to happen! Babies sure know how to assert their personalities right from the start, don't they? :)

I can't wait to see your finished product! You are going to have the best nursery around!

Lexi, I hope you are able to sort everything quickly for your move. Hopefully everything goes smoothly and you have everything packed/sold/shipped quickly. I am glad your mom is able to keep one of your dogs. I know how nervous I am about having my dogs around my friend's baby and they are not possessive. It must be difficult to manage right now. :hugs: I know your dog do well with your mom. I am nervous about my boys stepping on baby or something. You know, hurting baby without meaning to. I think it will be an adjustment for all but it will all work out in the end.

Clobo! How are you doing? I bet Danny is doing a wonderful job of taking all your attention. I think once baby comes I am going to spend days just staring at him/her <3 We are going to find out the gender but we can't find out on Tuesday. They won't tell you here at the hospital. We have a private 3D scan booked for Nov 10th. I can't wait! I am so impatient. :haha: I am going to ask the sonographer to show us a potty shot on Tuesday and see if she will do it for us! Haha! I know she won't tell, but maybe she will show us and let us take a guess.

I hope you are all having a good day. It is Thanksgiving weekend here in Canada so we are going into our hometown to have supper with my in laws tomorrow. We are going to stay overnight because our scan is the next day. I am not looking forward to staying there but I am sure it will be fine. One of my dogs does not enjoy changes like this and usually ends up stressing and getting an upset tummy. :( I hate to do it to him. I am looking forward to seeing baby again but I am nervous about something showing up on the scan. I won't know the results until about the end of next week. Unless there is something seriously wrong, then I think I will know sooner. I hope nothing goes wrong!

Have a great day :)

PS, I'm a mango today! :dance:

Pichi, I am going to get a wrap too and see how it goes. I think it would be nice for things like walking the dogs (with Shawn holding the leashes!) and grocery shopping. Who knows, though, what is going to happen! Babies sure know how to assert their personalities right from the start, don't they? :)

I can't wait to see your finished product! You are going to have the best nursery around!

yay for Mango :happydance:

yeah, babies have a personality right from the get go i believe. Pixie was a little free spirit when she was born and she still is - typical Scorpio :haha:

I love that Pixie is a free spirit! It makes me smile to think that :)

Hi ladies,
I haven't been on here in a long long time but thought I would pop back to let you all know that I gave birth to a beautifully healthy baby boy on 21st September :) I had a water birth and it was amazing we feel incredibly blessed to have two wonderful sons. We called our little boy Ted :)
Hope you are all doing great...
Lots of love xxx

Hey Louby!!! I'm so happy for you. Congratulations and thank you so much for sharing your news. :hugs:

congrats louby thanks for letting us know xx
ts yeh for mango goodness
hope all you ladies are all ok, i had a horrid night last night dreamt we lost the baby horrid horrid

:hugs: Kelly those dreams are awful :( hope your ok

10 weeks today for me :) 1/4 of the way there! x

Hi Louby - big congratulations!!! Another boy!!!

Hi everyone, going to read back and see what I have missed. Had a busy and tiring few days so not had much chance to read/post. Hope everyone is okay and had a nice weekend.

Crayz - yay for getting moved of the island, hope its sooner rather than the later timescale. I think being so far away from family is isolating in itself never mind with a new baby and preemie one at that. So happy that you'll be nearer your family and friends very soon. I think you are doing the right thing with your dog too, it will be best for both you, baby and the dog although it will be tough initially not having him with you.

MMM - Happy 10 weeks! When is your scan? How did the mw visit go on Friday? Do you feel a bit more relaxed?

TS - glad your 'outing' went well I am sure everyone was so pleased for you and that makes it easier to be more public about it. I know I felt more confident speaking about my pg as more people at work (and patients) where thrilled and excited for me.

Hope - what a horrible home coming for your parents. I would be raging having to come back to that! Hope things get sorted quickly for them.

Hi to Kelly, pichi, mrmsmig, Loz (hope you are doing ok chick!!) clobo, ginny, cupcake, debzie and someoneI have bound to have missed.

I have written a great chunk in my journal (more still to write!). We went to ikea on Saturday and OH got a rug for baby room. I am not keen and don't think it 'works' with the decor. If you can please pop to my journal and look at the pics and tell me what you think. I don't mind the bright colours per se just that it doesn't go with the room.

Hi Kelly, it took so long to write my post that I missed yours. Having vivid dreams are very common in pg but that doesn't help when you have such horrible one. Just remember that is all they are and is just your brains way of dealing with worries and fears. :hugs:

I think it goes lovely hun :hugs: can't believe how close you are now :D

My scan is 2nd November but I'm going to see about getting in the week earlier and just taking a friend with me (OH is on a course with work so can't go) I don't think I can wait till 2nd Novemeber I'll be 13+3! I need to know everything's ok iykwim?

The MW visit went great spoke to her about the pain etc and she said if the cramps get really bad just to go the EPU x

Good I am glad she reassured you and you are able to get checked if you feel you need it. I think I was 12+5 when I had my scan and I thought that was late but then I'd had epu scans before that anyway. I would try to see if they can fit you in sooner as I wouldn't be keen to wait till then either.

:hugs: Kelly :hugs: I had dreams like that too. They are totally awful. I agree with Pink, they are just your mind trying to work through fears. They don't mean anything at all. :hugs:

MMM, yay for 1/4 of the way there!! Woohoo! I am so glad your appt went well. I hope you can get your scan moved ahead. I know everything is going to be great! But, I completely understand needing the reassurance.

Pink, I hope you get to relax soon! I am glad the outing went well too :) I still don't want to go out around like it, though... :haha: Shawn teaches high school here in town so I think it is going to be weird when the kids start noticing. I taught the Gr. 10 students a few years ago so they all know me too. It is going to be weird! Haha!

I really like the rug your DH chose, but I agree with you that it doesn't go with your nursery theme. I wonder if you could do what the ladies on your journal suggested and tell DH that it is a little big for the room? Or maybe you could put it away for a while until baby is bigger and you do a brighter theme in there? (a lady suggested that on your journal too... I have no ideas of my own this morning! :haha:)

We are going into our hometown today for Thanksgiving/birthday dinner. I was planning to wear a fitted shirt until I found out more of Shawn's extended family will be there. Then I chickened out and I am going to wear a loose fitting dress. :shy: What the heck is wrong with me??

I hope you are all having a great day!

evening ladies.

Congratulations Louby :) :flower: have we ANY girls in this thread due? :haha:

i've already said my bit about the rug Pink in your journal :thumbsup:

Kelly, pregnancy dreams can be just down right evil/scary! doesn't help matters that they're so real feeling either! wish i could pass on some of the strange ones ive had. dreamt i owned a sweet shop and woke up so excited to get some licorice lace things... obviously we didn't have any :haha:

T_S i'm sure you'll feel comfortable wearing fitted things after you have your next scan. it's understandable you still feel a bit cautious. it won't be long :hugs:

hope everyone else is well :flower:

i think i've been getting braxton hicks... i never got them with pixie but i THINK i'm getting them this time. my bump goes solid, but that's all that happens really. I have a MW appointment tomorrow so will get a proper date for my 37w scan... i'll also get an appointment for 39 weeks for a sweep and a meeting with my consultant. They just need to run past all the things that can happen with a VBAC etc... and what will happen if i go to 41 weeks. bleh

Kelly bad dreams are awful, but that's all they are. This pregnancy is fine for sure. Mindy you are funny! You are almost halfway through you are going to have to tell them soon!
Hope it goes ok at the midwife tomorrow Pichi. I'm there tomorrow too. I'm hoping its not the same one I've seen in both of my previous appointments this pregnancy, who does t want to test me for Group B Strep. We have 3 community midwives and they are all great, I just don't think this one is the most thorough. I will also see about my whooping cough injection. I also have a flu jab booked for Saturday morning. I wonder if its ok to have them both? It will be nice to finally see a midwife after 12 weeks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->