Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

I have my mw appointment tomorrow too. It should have been for tomorrow anyway but booked it for next week as OH going into hospital for an op on his knee under general anaesthetic tomorrow. He has decided to get his own way there (its in Edinburgh) so I changed my appointment back to tomorrow. I will go and pick him up after tea time when he is ready to come home.

Wow! Everyone has appts tomorrow :) I have my anatomy scan at 1 pm. I am nervous but hopeful.

We have told them but for some reason I still feel weird showing my tummy off. :wacko: :haha: I ended up wearing my shirt anyway. Haha!

I hope you all have uneventful appts tomorrow.

Well, tonight turned out a little differently than I was thinking it would... :dohh:

I ended up at the ER tonight with an asthma attack. Blah! I have allergic asthma and at home it is very well controlled. But, at my in laws house it sometimes get really bad. Unfortunately, this was one of those times. I got pulmicort with oxygen at the hospital and was sent home with a ventolin inhaler. The dr said only to use it if I absolutely had to and then to come in for them to check my airways. We have been back at my in laws for about an hour now and I am a teeny bit wheezy but not too bad. Hopefully we will make it the night without any further excitement.

This is the last time I am going to stay here. We didn't want to spend money now to get a hotel room because we are trying to save for a new chimney/wood stove and also for baby. Next time we are just going to spend the money. :dohh:

I hope you are all well :)

Oh no :hugs: TS I have asthma so know how horrible and frightening an attack can be. I thought ventolin (salbutamol) was okay to use in pg. I have not been told otherwise however I have been fortunate not to have needed at all so far although recently I have been a lot more wheezy but I think that's just lying flat/pressure on my lungs rather than my asthma iykwim.

Can't wait to see more scan pic later on today though!!! Are you going to try have a sneaky peak?

Just dropped OH at the train station, feeling quite emotional. He is fine and can't understand why I am so worried and emotional. I was less upset when he went to Afghanistan for 6 months.

Mindy, Happy Mango and Happy Thanksgiving!! Embrace that bump!!! Sorry that you had a bad asthma attack chick, I agree with getting a hotel next time :hugs:

LoubyLou, Congratulations!! Good day to have a baby, 21st was my birthday!! Love the name Ted, hope you are doing ok?? :baby:

Kelly, I had all sorts of dreams like that when I was preggo, they don’t mean anything so don’t worry chick, just let them pass you by, its your bodys way of getting out your worries :hugs:

Pink, yep id deffo tell OH its too big, it’s a lovely rug but I know what you mean about it not going with the rest of the room. Im sure he will be ok about it. Hope his op goes ok today, I don’t blame you for getting emotional, massive hugs :hug:

Pichi, sounds like BH to me … mine never hurt or anything, just got a solid bump!!!

AFM, up nice and early today, Ben is back later and his parents leave tomorrow, they have been “ok” at babysitting me but they are rather lazy and poor Lola hasn’t been getting her walk till 10am and Ive had to get up at 7am to let her out for a wee and give her her breakfast!! :dohh: Danny asleep at the mo so using the opportunity to get some things done!!

xxx

Pink, the dr said salbutamal is fine in pregnancy but he just wanted to make sure I was getting enough air if I needed it, I guess. I usually don't have to use anything because it is just brought on by allergies but Shawn's parent's cats are both long haired and it is really hard on the both of us.

I was breathing just fine overnight but now that I am awake again my nose and eye are starting to act up. This is usually the first step leading to the asthma. But we are leaving in a bit to do some shopping before my appt.

I am definitely going to try to get a peak! I am going to ask the tech if she is willing to show us the area and let us decide on our own. :haha: I don't think they will but it is worth a shot!

Your OH is going in for surgery today, right? I know he will be fine. :hugs: I can understand being emotional, though.

Thanks Clobo! I am trying to embrace the bump. It is a lot harder to share it than I thought it would be. :shy: Definitely hotel next time! We usually rent a cabin at the base of the ski hill but this time I didn't want to spend the money... serves me right! Haha!

Poor Lola. Sorry you have been needing to get up to take her out so early. How are you doing? I guess it has been nice to have some help from your in laws for a little while. :)

I hope you are all well. I hope all your mw appts go smoothly today! Pink, you are not seeing that rotten one today, are you? I really hope not! Mrs. M., I can't believe that you haven't seen your mw since 12 weeks! Does that mean you haven't seen anyone about your pregnancy in that long, besides your 20 week scan? Pichi, here's hoping mr. pea is in the final preparations to come see his mommy!

Have a good day!

Hopefully I will be able to post a picture soon! Probably not until we get back home, though.

Mindy, so sorry you had an asthma attack. I have only ever suffered from mild asthma but I have had the occasional attack and its horrible. I got a prescription for a ventolin inhaler a couple of weeks ago, but I haven't used it for ages, I just like to keep them in for when I get a bad chest infection.
Pink, I am sorry to hear you were so emotional dropping hubby off. How long will he be in for?
Mindy my last midwife appt was at 16 weeks, I saw a sonographer at my 20 week scan but obviously all they do is check the baby's anatomy, it's reassuring to see the midwife so they can check you are ok. I need to find out how long she thinks I should take the aspirin and folic acid for, and ask about my whooping cough jab. I'd also like to see if she can figure out which way up baby is! Pink you were transverse weren't you? Has Smartie moved yet?
Kelly what are you up to?
Ginny, Clo, Loz, Crayz, Pichi, Twinkie Cupcake hope you are all ok.

Hooray! My friend just texted me who has just had her 16 week check up and it's one of the other 3 midwives so I will ask her about the group b strep.

yay mrms mig that it is one of the other mw, hopefully they will do something about the strep b test.

ts - yes it was the one I am not keen on but she seemed a bit better today (or I am just getting used to her) and we had a nice chat. I try to avoid using my ventolin too much as I think you can get 'dependant'on it but obviously use it when I really have to. Glad you slept okay and hopefully a day out shopping will take you away from the cats for a while.

clobo - glad your PIL have helped a bit. Shame they couldn't let you have lie ina fed the dog for you. How is Danny getting on?

afm - I have my whooping cough and flu jab next week, after my dentist appointment - what a fun day that will be!! :wacko: Everything with me seems okay, BP, urine etc. Baby head down now and I have to go back in 2 weeks time. I still hadn't done my birth plan so we had a quick chat about that but I am open to most things, I am not needing green lights or whale song!!

OH only in for the day so I'll pick him up later on tonight (about 1 hrs drive from here). I am worried as he is having a general anaesthetic and I know they are safe etc (as a nurse I should know although that knowledge isn't always a good thing either!!) but still. He is getting some cartilage replaced in his knee so will be off his feet for a couple of week. Finger crossed smartie stays put until he is back driving!!

Ts sorry to hear about the asthma attack, I have mild asthma but have never had an attack (yet), must be awful

Mrs m glad you get to see the other midwife

Pink hope your ohs op all goes well, my oh is having an op on his knee on the 20th

This is nothing to do with pg but my god I had the most horrible dream earlier was like something out of 2012 (haven't actually seen it just remembering the adverts lol) I was looking out my bedroom window and all the buildings just started collapsing 1 by 1 getting closer and closer to my house then I t stopped and this massive wave came from nowhere and I was downstairs holding Ryan and all the water came flying in so I ran upstairs and couldn't do anything but watch everyone fight for their lives outside, I couldn't find my phone and had no idea where oh was, then the next thing me and Ryan were in his childminders block of flats (she doesn't even live in a flat lol) then there was a huge explosion+another massive wave came along and destroyed the blocks flats hanging on for dear life I said to the childminder thank god we were sitting in the boat in your flat as most of Newcastle was now underwater suddenly my phone appeared but because it had got wet it wouldn't dial the number properly for oh then from nowhere he came running and we went back to our house which was somehow still standing but then we saw another wave so went to leave but I was bursting for the loo so wouldn't leave without going so I told him to go and grab Ryan and then I woke up bursting for the loo :haha: and for hours after any bang I heard was making me panic and I just wanted oh to come home so I knew we were altogether :haha:, apologies for the essay

Oh my god Hope what a scary dream! I knew I'd forgotten to mention someone in my post too, god if I'm not forgetting you I'm getting your name wrong. Sorry Hun!
Just back from the midwife. No joy with the group b strep again, she said if Edie didn't get it last time I'm probably ok. Still not convinced though.
She had a feel of my tummy and said straight away baby is a good size! I'm measuring a week ahead apparently. She took bloods, and managed to get my whooping cough and flu vaccines both done today, so I feel a bit of a pincushion. My next appointment is at 34 weeks, which seems ages again! She also said to take the aspirin all the way through but stop the high dose folic acid now, and take ordinary prenatals instead. I told her I throw up every time I take these, so she said if I really can't take them to take vitamin D supplements instead as that's the most important one. That's what I was trying to ask the stupid woman I spoke to when I very first found out I was pregnant, who said she "couldn't advise me" and told me to speak to a bloody pharmacist! And this was a midwife!!!

hey mrs glad you got the other midwife good news!!! i have my 16 week appointment next tuesday so looking forward to that silly question but the midwife you see at your appointments is that the one that will be at your birth as i dont really like mine???

Pink hope oh op went well and be careful on that long drive!!

hope i hate dreams ive been doing loads lately
ts hope your feeling a little better

pichi not long now how exciting
hope all you other ladies are ok ive had a poo day today cant rid thisbloody head ache and kjust feel sad today

So they have advised you to take aspirin till the very end? I know they suggest that for people with high risk pre-eclampsia but I thought most would stop 32 weeks-ish. I stopped mine at 32 (well I took them every other day till 33).

Just because Edie was okay doesn't mean migglet will be. How much is it to get the test done privately?

mrs we must of posted the same time seems like midwifes can be proper crap at times hope you are ok, i cant take my parentals either they make me retch

Kelly - :hugs: sorry you aren't having a good day. You can take paracetamol for your headache, drink plenty of fluids too.

OH still not back on the ward. Had a bit of a major rant on my journal as it maybe OH on crutches for 6 weeks!! I suppose I'll know more when I pick him up later on tonight still mightly p***ed off though.

Kelly - https://www.bbc.co.uk/health/physical_health/conditions/group_b_streptococcus_infection.shtml

I don't know that much about it either really.

No Kelly, it's the community midwives that do our antenatal appointments but unless you have a home birth you don't see them at delivery. You are not likely to see whoever delivers your baby before or after the birth. The community midwives continued to look after you when you come out of hospital, until they sign you over to the Health Visitor, usually when baby is 7-10 days old.
Pink that's exactly what I thought. A private test is only about £35 so I will ask about that. It's just not worth risking.

Hope - sorry missed your post. Wow that's a very surreal dream!! I think dreams about water are quite common in pg but maybe not on epic blockbuster film type proportions!! Hope it hasn''t upset you too much.

:hugs: Mrs M it's not going to hurt the MW to test you! :grr: I agree with Pink in looking to see how much it will be privately.

:hugs: Kelly, hope the headache goes soon.

Pink :hugs: I think I may have missed something but what's happened to your OH?

:hugs: Hope dreams can be mental when pregnant, hope it hasn't upset you too much though

We told the kids last night. We were all sat on the sofa watching TV and Caitlin asked why mummy's tummy was getting bigger :blush: so we told them, they were ecstatic to say the least :lol: Really hoping things are ok now but I do have a good feeling this time. Haven't had any sickness today but my back is quite bad x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->