Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hey ladies. Sorry I've not been around.

Had a 2 week holiday in the sun. Was lovely but my sickness made it hard work. Especially in the heat. :( I lost 6lb while I was away! Bit different to my normal holiday weight gain! Lol.

Really looking forward to the next 2-3weeks passing. Have lots of appointments. Had my booking appt yesterday which went well other than I passed out as she couldn't take blood from me and kept poking me and making me move my arm while she moved the needle. Urgh. So I have to go back on Monday to try again.

I'm down as high risk due to my thyroid so I have 2 hospital appointments a week on Tuesday one with the endocrinologist and one with the OB Consultant. Then my 12 week scan is 6 days after that. And by then I'm trying to stay positive that I'll like food again!!

We're taking the day off for the scan so I can buy some maternity clothes afterwards. And I'd really love it if we could get lunch out too.

Hey everyone!

MMM-I'm sorry you're not feeling so well, lady. I hope the MS passes for you soon.

Mrs. M-I couldn't imagine morning sickness throughout an entire pregnancy. I'm glad it's mild and tolerable. My SIL had it so bad her entire pregnancy, by the time she had my niece, she was actually lighter than when she found out she was pregnant!

Cupcake-LOVE the name! It's what I call Yeardley, "Little Miss Cupcake." So much so that I've received TONS of clothes and hats with cupcakes all over them! I'm sorry you're high risk, but the good news is that you get so many more scans that way! (Bright side, always looking for it).

Mindy-I wouldn't be too concerned, probably just one of the many joys of pregnancy! My sister said she swore her son was so high up that he was kicking her in the neck. Just wait until you're really pushing out the "Uuuuuuuuuuggggggggghhhhh's" everytime you get off the couch, roll out of bed, put on pants or shoes, pick something up off the floor.. Good times!

I had such a rough pregnancy, but I actually miss it. I liked my little baby belly, but not enough to ever do it again, lol.

Loz-Your son is so handsome! I'm glad the BF is going well!! I am amazed that women's bodies can do that. Mine couldn't, so I envy women that can!

AFM-We had a nice quiet weekend, just the five of us (including the furry babies or course). Scott had 5 days off, so we just kind of hung out and ate junk food and relaxed. Then on Wednesday Yeardley had a swallow study done. The doctor who did the studies was just asking why we were having it done, blah blah blah. I told him she vomits a lot and chokes on it, and gags from her reflux often. So we have her the barium, and she gagged and then proceeded to vomit on the x-ray bed. The doctor was like, "Wait, what's happening?"

Dude, did you not listen to a word we just said? Then he asked me to turn her from her side to her back(I roll her onto her right side when she gags because it will most often stop her from throwing up, and if she DOES throw up, she won't choke), but she was gagging and I told him, "I know you want to get this over with, but I'm not going to turn her on her back again for you right this second and risk her choking on the vomit that is about to come out of her mouth, so you're just going to have to wait."

So, he said as far as he could tell everything looks normal. Her plumbing is all in order, but he could see her refluxing as he was doing the study, so I guess that's just a confirmation that her reflux is really bad, which we already knew, but was nice to actually SEE it and know 100%.

Anyways, sorry so long!! I haven't posted in like a week!

Hope everyone else is doing good!

Thanks ladies :) I am just a worrier! But I'm sure you know that by now :haha:

Cupcake, I'm glad your vacation was nice, but I'm sorry you were so sick. I really hope it passes soon. Wow, you have quite a busy few weeks coming up! Soon time to see baby at your scan!! :happydance: Sorry the nurse made you pass out! That must have really hurt with her poking around like that. :hugs:

Lexi, sounds like you had a great weekend. I'm sorry that the dr's are not listening to you. :hugs: I am glad they were able to confirm for you what you already knew. Hopefully once you get back to the states you will get much better care for Yeardley.

I hope you are all well. :)

I was awake a lot of the night because of the crazy wind we are having. It was blowing right up against our bedroom windows. So sleepy today! I think it is another day for a nap!

hi everyone hope your all ok xxxxxxxx
hey crayz was wondering where you was glad you enjoyed your family weekend
ts hope your pain has gone away
mrs thats pants about the ms hope it goes soon
wow my belly is massive lolshould it really be this big well not much going on here soooo tired as never seem to sleep well anymore

Hi Kelly :) I was wondering how you were doing! I'm sorry you aren't sleeping well. Do you have a body pillow? I find mine really helps me sleep. I hope you get some sleep soon!

My belly feels really huge too!

ts hooray for big bellys lol how does a body pillow work are there different types wats a good brand

Hi all,

Kelly - I have a long tube like body pillow but the are shaped ones liek the dreamgenii https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B000UTPIW6/?tag=hydra0b-21&hvadid=9550947189&ref=asc_df_B000UTPIW6

It did help me during 2nd tri and early 3rd but now unfortunatly nothing is comfy now. I found using the pillows difficult as if I wanted to turn over I had to haul the pillows over from one side to the other!!

ts- I am sure the rib pain is fine. I have been getting a 'bruised' feeling (like I have banged my skin) around my stomach/ribs where I think his feet is pushing up against me.

crayz - glad things are confirmed but typical Dr! I hope things get more sorted once you move back to the US.

Cupcake - glad you had a nice holiday, sorry the ms didn't let up, not many people go away and lose weight!

hi to everyone!!

afm - better day today, must have got slightly more sleep. OH knee stopped bleeding when he got the dressing redone so that's good. Work has asked me to work an extra day on Friday, the day I should be starting my maternity leave!

I am not sure what one is best since I have only tried one. I have a Snoogle. https://leachco.stores.yahoo.net/snoogle.html It was pricey but worth it since it really helps with my hip pain. I usually sleep with the long part going down my back. That helps to keep me from laying directly on my back when I turn over at night. I pull it so it is snug up to my back and it feels very cuddly and comfortable to me. Since it is finally cooler at night I get a snuggly blanket and cuddle in with my pillow and I find it very comfortable to sleep.

There is a part that curls up on the bottom to go between your knees to help your hips but for me I find the hip I am laying on still hurts this way. By accident I found that if I put both hips on top of the pillow and then a blanket between my knees it is super comfortable for me. Most nights I don't get hip pain at all anymore. Some nights I still do and then there is nothing I can do to fix it other than get out of bed and try sleeping on the couch.

I also find the long part of the pillow really helpful because I find myself waking up on my back quite a bit. If I pull it in close before I go to sleep then usually it is under my right hip and shoulder (I sleep on my left side) when I roll to my back so it keeps me tipped to the left even when I am almost on my back.

I just love my pillow! :haha:

I don't really need to support my tummy just yet because it isn't really that big yet (even though I feel as big as a house!) but I think I should be able to pull the bottom curve of the pillow up to support my tummy when the time comes. If it isn't long enough then I will just get a regular pillow and put it under my tummy. Poor Shawn is going to get pushed out of bed by all the pillows!!

I hope you get some good sleep soon!

Boy, I am so slow at typing! Haha!

Pink, I am glad you seemed to have gotten more sleep last night. Are you planning to work the extra day? Is your job really fast paced? I know some hospital jobs can be nuts at times! Do you feel you can manage one more day? I am glad to hear your husband's knee stopped bleeding. I'm glad he didn't need the extra stitch. I hope he heals up quickly!

I don't think my ribs are hurting from baby just yet. I think it is just from everything being squished in there! :haha: I am looking forward to feeling kicks up there but I know I won't be saying that when they start hurting. Haha! I think I have been feeling movement for the past 3 days now :) For the first 2 days I was feeling more fluttering but today it was mostly just occasional kicks (I think).

I hope you are all enjoying your Friday and the start to the weekend!

I got no rib pain til right at the end and even then it was mild...I guess I got away without it because I was all out the front!

I forgot to mention before, that I had my first public BF with Tenzin...on the bus of all places! :haha: He was crying and hungry and though it was just a short bus ride, him being upset made it seem an age so I just got on with it. No one batted an eyelid :haha:

My oldest came to me with a teddy he found in the playroom earlier, it made me think of the baby we lost, because I got that bfp on my birthday. I've never seen it before no clue where it came from. Not sure if the text is clear but it says 'birthday angel' on it.

Attachments

• DSCN8403 (2).jpg
    DSCN8403 (2).jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 0
I am glad your first public bf'ing with Tenzin went well :) That is great! I am not sure I am going to do that yet. I am so self conscious! :shy:

That is very strange about the teddy. :hugs: I'm sorry it brought up sad memories. I guess those memories are always just right there for women who have had a mc. I wonder where the bear came from.

I realized something a little while ago. My EDD was moved up to Mar 3. That is the day I passed my baby from my first mc. :( It is so strange how things like this work out. I guess baby just wasn't ready until a year later.

Loz-:hugs: That must have been hard for you!

I have a pregnancy pillow, but it's not a Snoogle. It was just a body pillow that was really long. I remember trying to turn over in bed and roll it with me. It must have looked like I was trying to wrestle with a crocodile. I still use it, but I wrap it around my neck now instead. It feels like someone is sleeping up against my back so it's cozy! I'm a stomach sleeper, so when I wasn't able to sleep on my stomach anymore, it gave me the feeling like I was if I wrapped half of my body around it. I even made Scott bring it to the hospital when we had to stay for the typhoon. I actually found a picture in my phone from that day. I'll have to post it. My belly was bigger than I thought!

I got up really early today because apparently I fell asleep at like 7? When Scott got home I gave the dogs a bath, swept and mopped the floors, vacuumed (or Hoover, as a lot of you ladies like to call it :) and helped cook dinner. Then washed all the dishes afterwards and turned on the TV and that was the end of me. So I got a nice LONG hot shower this morning while Scott and Yeardley were asleep. I even got to shave my legs, cut and file my toe nails AND blow dry and flat iron my hair. I feel great!

Well I'm off to the grocery store to pick up a few things. I hope all you lovely ladies have a wonderful day!

great to hear your bf'ing out in public was a sucess loz :) a friend of mine was too shy to publically bf with her first but now she has her 2nd she is much more confident :) she even had to do a bf class... When bf'ing the wee man hehe you will master the wipping out of the boob and no one seeing :p

maybe its a sign your edd was changed to the 3rd t_s and like you say, your little rainbow is ready now :hugs:

Crayz you've been a busy bee! No wonder you fell asleep at 7!

Sorry, on the phone again so I actually can't remember what else I read a few pages back :dohh:! Hope everyone is plodding along and are happy and healthy (mrs m, hope that morning sickness is just temporary)

I've been getting a few period cramps recently. Just wonder if it could be mr pea dropping ... My bump seems VERY low now :S

Wow Pichi, only 34 days to go!! Hopefully baby is moving nice and low and getting ready to meet mommy! :happydance:

I hope you are all having a good weekend :)

Happy 20 weeks TS

How are you Kelly?

Morning Pichi how are you this morning?

I feel like crap this morning :cry: ha the worst night's sleep ever and been up since 3am. I've got to go to work in 40 minutes but I just feel crap, blocked nose, bad cough, feel really really sick. It's not worth phoning in sick at work as I've only got 2 1/2 hours all day, I've got an early finish tonight so it'll be bath and bed for me :( x

im feeling ok pichi thanks for asking feel like things are draging at the moment find im wishing my life away at times lol how are you bet your getting excited

hey mmm sorry your feeling poo long long now to hopefully getting past that stage hope the day goes quick for you

Wow Lexi! No wonder you were asleep at 7! You are one busy lady! I would love to see a picture of your bump. :)

Thanks everyone! I can't believe I am here at 20 weeks! 1/2 way there! So exciting!!

MMM, so sorry you are feeling so rotten. :hugs: I hope you feel better really soon. I hope your time at work goes quickly.

Pichi, how are you today?

Kelly, I'm sorry you are wishing your pregnancy away. I think we need to try really hard to relax and enjoy our pregnancy, as hard as it is. :hugs:

I hope you ladies are all having a good day. We had snow yesterday :( It stuck around until this morning and then melted but it is still super windy here. :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->