Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

hey loz ok so what im scared of is and this is guna sound silly and i think it stems from watching one born every minute some women cope some women scream the place down ,well i really dont want to be a screamer and worried that i wont cope and worried that i will panic does this sound silly?

I find screaming during labour is not always because its hurts, obviously it does hurt, but for example, when Lil Fella was on his way out but not yet crowning, I had a good long yell because frankly I found it productive, and it felt right...when he was crowning, I was as silent as a mouse, because I was focusing hard not to push between contractions. Having him stay there crowning between contractions allowed me to stretch...but it took so much focus I couldn't have screamed if I wanted to! Screamed my head of when my first was crowing because it scared the living daylights out of me! It stung badly but was no way as painful as you would have thought if you had heard the scream. With my second all I yelled was CAAAAATCH because he was making super fast progress and I didn't want his first act after birth to be faceplanting on the floor. Everyone is different with different pain thresholds and also different levels of squeamishness.

aw thats cute - that'll definitely go with your cot :)

when i get the time this is getting made hehe

CLICK ME

That is fantastic!!!!!! I WANT ONE!!! I haven't tried felt sewing....yet! Might have to attempt to make one of those!

Kelly, ts you never know you might totally surprise yourself, everyone expected me to be screamin, swearing and everything as i am really no good with pain, but i only screamed once when ryan was crowning, and swore once :haha: i was having a really painful contraction and even though i knew i wasnt really breathing through it properly oh told me to breathe and i sounded like a woman possessed sayin i. Am fluffing breathing :haha:

But both my. Labours were different with ryan i managed with diamorphine and gas and air but by the time i started pushing i had nothing, but with kieron i really couldnt cope with the pain and got an epidural which i always said i didnt want but my god im glad i did the only pain i felt was pressure in my rear end :haha: the only thing i didnt like is what pichi said and your bp can drop which mine did and i felt like i was going to pass out but they stuck a drip in and didnt happen after that

Thanks Hope :)

I will have to rethink my openness to the epidural then. :dohh:

Just to let you all know Fili has had.... A GIRL!! Lexi Jasmine and her growth scan was way out she was 8lb 10!

Oh that's amazing news. Congratulations Fili! What a lovely weight too xxx

Gorgeous weight! That's more what I was expecting to have rather than my 7lb little dude! Mum sent me some tiny baby sleep suits as none of his newborn stuff fits him! His trousers fall off!

aw that's wonderful! Congratulations to fili!

mrs m, we were the same. Bought newborn and they swamped him! He is just into them now. His banana feet prevented him from being in tb longer- haha

Oh, that is such wonderful news!!! Congratulations Fili! :yipee:

Mrs. M., that is so cute that your little guy's trousers are falling down. <3 I am sure he will be growing like a weed soon and won't have that problem for long!

I think I had my first "for real" BH today. I have been feeling tightenings in my lower belly for a long time now (since about 17 weeks) but my doctor told me that it wasn't BH, it was RLP :shrug: Today my entire belly got really hard and uncomfortable. It wasn't painful but it was definitely weird!

I hope all you lovely ladies are having a great day! :flow:

Awwww yey congrats fili :happydance::happydance:

Kieron had his needles today thankfully didnt scream as much as i was expecting bless him, he now weighs 10lb 12oz which they expected to be higher but theyre not worried because it was down to his bronchiolitis and reflux so i have to go back every two weeks to get him weighed to make sure its going back up again

I cant believe how cheeky ryan is either, sat in the middle of the waiting room and he decides to announce mammy just pumped (i hadnt by the way :haha:) then was doing the dishes in the kitchen and he came in and said mammy your a tramp haha then ran off singing im sexy and i know it, so put him on the naughty step while trying my best not to laugh, id be mortified if he started calling people tramps

Congratulations fili. Over the moon for you.

Just thought all you mamas will have to go on the original thread we met on trying straight after loss to update.

Loz I love those sweater tops.

Ts and Kelly remember that it's still your body and you are never given more pain than what you can handle. I only just got to established labour with Emily before my bp went through the roof and I ended up being given an epidural to lower my bp. Personally th pain I endured during my medical management of my miscarriages was far worse. Every woman reacts to labour differently you instincts do take over and don't be afraid to hum or moo or what ever. Certainly do not be embarrassed the midwives have seen it all and then some.

Ts also tat does sound like a BH what does a doctor know.

Mrsmigg bless Louis pants falling down. I have noticed a vast difference in newborn sizing since Emily was born. Tescos new baby is the smallest up to 7lb then sainsburys up to 9lb and mothercare 10lb. I have put a sleepsuit of every size in my hospital bag. But he first outfit is mothercares. He will be a chunky monkey before long. Glad you are doing well.

Well I'm 36 weeks today see the physio again tomorrow. Then midwife Thursday. Not sleeping much at all and just seem to be full of aches and pains like period cramps. Feel like death warmed up as Emily has passed on her cold. So this it on the moaning front. On a more positive note there is defiantly nothing wrong with baby's hearing I am so clumsy at the moment given my fat numb fingers each time I drop something she jumps its so funny. I can feel the startle reflex it's weird.

Silly Ryan!! Sometimes it is so hard not to laugh when they do something naughty.

Good boy Kieron for not screaming too much. I can only imagine how hard it is to see your LO cry from something they need like that.

Thank you so much Debzie. I was wondering how the medical management experience would compare to labour. I know I had pain and was very uncomfortable but I can't quite remember it now. It was terrible and I think I put it out of my mind. I just hope I don't bleed as much after birth as I did with mm. :(

I'm sorry you are feeling so rotten but YAY for 36 weeks! That is great! That is also really neat about the baby startling when you drop something. I bet that is a strange feeling.

You know, I was thinking the same thing about the dr telling me that the tightening in my stomach was RLP. I also get RLP and it is NOTHING like the tightenings. I figure I would base my opinion on what it was on the information I got from EVERY SINGLE pregnant lady I spoke to! :haha:

I hope you feel better soon!

Wait WHAT??? I thought Me-Mo was a boy! Did Fili have a gender scan or was that just me thinking boy because there are so many boys!? :haha:

i think fili thought it was a boy but nemo wasn't confirmed if i remember right...

Thank you so much Debzie. I was wondering how the medical management experience would compare to labour. I know I had pain and was very uncomfortable but I can't quite remember it now. It was terrible and I think I put it out of my mind. I just hope I don't bleed as much after birth as I did with mm. :(

I'm sorry you are feeling so rotten but YAY for 36 weeks! That is great! That is also really neat about the baby startling when you drop something. I bet that is a strange feeling.

You know, I was thinking the same thing about the dr telling me that the tightening in my stomach was RLP. I also get RLP and it is NOTHING like the tightenings. I figure I would base my opinion on what it was on the information I got from EVERY SINGLE pregnant lady I spoke to! :haha:

I hope you feel better soon!

Is that dr a man? :haha:

For me, medical management and birth were 2 different types of painful. There was the pain of contracting and dilation with both, but the emotionally painful part of the mc added to it. With birth, you look forward to the end because thats when you meet the person you made. The extra pain with the birth is crowning, but to be fair, thats really just a stinging sensation...the thought of it is worse that the actual pain. :wacko:

As for bleeding, I have heard that you bleed less right after birth but longer in recovery if you have the injection to bring the placenta away, and if you don't have that injection, you bleed more immediately after birth but then less in the days and weeks after. The midwife in charge of my homebirth was one I trusted totally and completely, so we agreed on no injection unless she felt that it was medically necessary. It wasn't. Bleeding after birth isnt as bad at all as bleeding after a mc, because with birth its not a constant reminder of what you lost, its just a part of physical recovery.

In a bit, I should be going to pick up an overlocking sewing machine, if my lift doesn't cancel....then when I figure out the machine, will have a pop at making a sweater coat! :happydance:

i think fili thought it was a boy but nemo wasn't confirmed if i remember right...

I would have been going insane if Lil Fella wasn't confirmed...I just have to know! :haha: I think next time, if there is a next time, I will have an attempt at being team yellow.

i had to know too, that's why we went for a gender scan at 22 weeks haha! Id like there to be a next time and id attempt to be team yellow... As we are 1:1 hehe

Thank you Lozdi :hugs:

I found the mm almost unbearable. I think, like you said, it was the lose and emotional pain that really was the hardest part. I also dealt with everything (pain, passing baby) all on my own as I didn't want Shawn to see what I was going through. He helped immensely with the emotional pain, but I just didn't want him to have to deal with seeing it all. I think having his support during birth will also help a lot with the pain.

I bled heavily for a day and a half after the mm and then a combination of heavy period, light period, and spotting for 45 days. :wacko: I hope it is not that long after birth! I really hope I don't need an injection to pass the placenta.

Thank you for all the advice.

I got an interlocking sewing machine from Shawn for Christmas! I still haven't gotten a chance to use it but since I am supposed to be sewing somethings for my sister for her baby for Christmas :)dohh:) I will be using it soon. (She knew it was going to be late as I am so busy right now :wacko:) I hope you are able to pick yours up today!

OH! Super exciting news! My diapers are at the post office! :happydance: Our second car is in the garage and I sent Shawn to work today in the new one so I have to wait until he is off work to get them but I am so excited! :happydance:

I HAD to know the gender too. If there is a next time I will definitely NOT be team yellow :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JTom
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->