Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Glad your head colds starting to lift Mindy! :dohh: for the sewing machine ... it's obviously being over worked :winkwink:

I think children of all ages can be interested in taggy toys. I know it's a little different but Thomas has a dog he tries to take everywhere and he's nearly 4 :lol:

Hope everyone's doing ok x

Thanks MMM :) I will make Henry a toy too, then.

The machine definitely isn't being overworked right now :haha: I haven't touched it for about a month. I am so slack! I really want to get these sewing projects done today so I can go out and mail them tomorrow.

Hello lades.

Ts trimly is still obsessed with tags on everything at 5 year old. It's been her comfort thing since being a baby. She had a soft blanket but used to roll the tag on her face you still catch her no on the sides of her t shirts playing with the tag. Because f this I ave just bought the baby a tangy blanket an Emily as hidden it. I'm no good at sewing. Glad your feeling better.

Kelly hello I'm good thanks how's you?

Seen the consultant he's letting me go another week.

Thanks Debzie :)

I'm sorry the consultant is letting you go a week over! I hope she decides to come on her own very soon!!

Debzie: I hope you lil one will be there soon! Those last few days really seem longer than the whole 9 months! And then all forgotten once your bundle of joy is in your arms!

I did some *arts and crafts* this morning: I stuck all my ic's from 7 dpo till today on a white sheet of paper and showed it to dh (I only showed him the digi before). He seemed quite pleased actually!! Lool!!
I checked for private early scans, will call them once I get the money. I found a private clinic that does them for £75 (2D). I think that's ok. Trying to stay positive, the ine-day-at-a-time thing seems to be working so far!

I'm really glad you are doing so good with the PMA. It is hard sometimes but it really does make all the difference! :)

debz really hope lo comes soon i bet its draging now, at the moment i am so uncomfy i have peanuts feet digging in my ribs makes me feel breathless at times.
ts you are so clever wish i was crafty i cant do a thing lol
mmm how are you feeling any better?
miggins you do belong here we love you xxxxx
ummi when are you thinking of going for your first scan are you in the uk?

Yes I'm in the Uk, I hope to get an appointment between 6-8 weeks, but will have to check the finances first.

Ummi i was offered an early scan from the hospital because of MC before hand and to be sure of dates - maybe you won't have to pay to go private. where about in the UK are you? If you are in Scotland, especially near Perth they do an early scan for around £35

T_S my sewing machine has been gathering dust since having Xavier, just can't get the time to sit and sew. still have things for his room to finish nevermind something else! i've jumped to Baking for just now because i can do that with Pixie and Xavier watches :haha:

how is everyone doing this evening? Both babies are in their bed so it's finally mummy time :haha: we're in routine now so it's so much easier to plan days and nights now :thumbsup:

pichi i never did see pics of your nursery??
ummi i got an early scan too due to mc i went at just after5 weeks and didnt see too much but at 7 weeks was able to see heartbeat xxxxxx

I wish I could bake, Pichi! I keep pinning all these yummy looking cookies and things but I am really bad at baking. Plus, changing everything to be gluten free is a little annoying. :haha: Baking with Pixie sounds like a lot of fun :)

I hope you get some time to finish up the things for Xavier's room.

I went back to the sewing and all was going well until for some reason my needle broke into a bunch of pieces! I don't even know what happened. I couldn't find one of the pieces so I took a part of the machine off and the I couldn't get it to work again when I put it back together. :growlmad: I had to get Shawn to come over and fix it for me before I threw it on the floor! He put it back together the same way I did but of course it worked for him. :dohh: Either way, the books are sewn now and I am just waiting for the new page that I made to dry so I can sew the pages together. I also cut out the romper and plan to sew that together tonight. Also I want to do the taggy toys tonight. Hopefully I will get it all done!

here's one pic of it Kelly. it's not finished though. i have my prints to put on the wall still and just make it more cute feeling - since he's here though i dont have a lot of time to do it now :(

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v69/idontknowwhentoshutup/xroom.jpg

Pichi: thx for the advice, I may try again and ask my gp,, but she already told me that they wouldn't do it. I'm in EastLondon.
Xavier's room is really nice.
My sewing machine broke down a few months, dh never got around to fix it. I think I'd better invest in a new one.

I have another question ladies. When did you start and tell you were PG? Kids don't know and I'll try and keep it that way at least until 12 week scan. Family and friends don't know. Actually, it's just me and dh, and you ladies on b&b.

I don't have any other kids but we didn't tell anyone besides 3 close friends and the ladies here until I was 17 weeks. I didn't plan to tell then but unfortunately my aunt passed away and we were going to see family then. I was showing a little and couldn't hide it. If we have another I will wait at least that long before telling this kiddo about his brother/sister. :)

I hope you are able to get an early scan without having to pay for it. It is nice if they can give you piece of mind.

Kelly, sorry your LO is kicking you in the ribs. Hopefully he will drop some soon and you will get some relief. :hugs:

Hope you get an early scan Ummi. I wasn't allowed one despite 2 mcs but had one at 7 weeks as I lost the plot a bit. I told work colleagues and close friends more or less as soon as I found out and told everyone else after my 12 week scan.
Kelly I hope your bump drops soon. Mine didnt drop until around 38 weeks so I sympathise.
Debzie I hope little lady doesn't keep you waiting much longer.
Mindy, pleased you are feeling a little better. Love the nursery Pichi and pleased you are getting into a routine. Louis is starting to get a good night time routine as well now, which is good.

I'm so glad that Louis is getting into a good routine already :) That is really wonderful.

Kelly, my belly dropped in my 33rd week so there is hope for you for next week!

I just realized that I didn't post any pictures of the quiet books that I made. This is my sister's book. It isn't perfect because the wool fabric that I used shrunk when I washed it. :dohh: I should have thought about that before I cut it! I had to use wool fabric because the store didn't have much plain fleece. I bought the 2 colours they had and then had to make due with what I had at home for the rest. My fingers sure would have been much happier with all fleece though! That wool is hard to sew through! The fleece at the front and the back is pale purple, even though it looks grey in the pictures. The last page is a marble maze, there is a marble inside there that has to be moved back and forth through the sewn areas. The flaps have A, B, C under them and there are 3 chicks under the eggs. :)

Attachments

• 20130204_204549.jpg
    20130204_204549.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 1
  • 20130204_204614.jpg
    20130204_204614.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 20130204_204636.jpg
    20130204_204636.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 20130204_204701.jpg
    20130204_204701.jpg
    37.9 KB · Views: 1
Morning ladies.

Ummi I told people after my 12 week scan work I had to tell straight away.

Mindy you are so talented.

Pichi love that you have a routine so early and love the nursery.

Kelly I know that rib pain very well. Suffering all the time now.

Well it's due date today had a really bad night sleep woke up feeling really yuck. No twinges though.

Gorgeous nursery Pichi!!

The books are lovely Mindy! I wish I was as crafty as you and Pichi!!

Happy due date Debz! Hope she decides to make an appearance soon

Great that little mans getting into a routine on a night Mrs M :)

Ummi I told my work straight away as I needed to the job I'm in. Told close friends and family then announced to everyone else at 10/11 weeks when we found HB and had had our early scans.

Kelly how are you?

I'm not to bad, 27 weeks today! Where has the time gone?! I'm off to third tri :happydance: x

hey mmm all good here,bought two cellular blankets yesterday on ebay getting there lolhappy third trimester its flying eh?
debz happy due date sooooo exciting
pichi i love your nursery and the colours are stunning
ummi i was the same as miggins i told my mum and close friends pretty much straight away but everyone else after 12 week scan i too lost the plot like miggins at the docs and i broke down crying they then sent me for a scan
ts i love the books your soooo clever are you all set for finn?
hello to everyone else xx

Ts: this book is gorgeous! How long did it take you to make?

Mmm: hope you're feeling better. Time has flown by indeed! Seems like yesterday you announced your bfp!

Kelly: how are those ribs?

Debzie: I know the feeling! Ds2 arrived 10 days after his due date!!! In the end I had to go for a huge walk in the forest with dh and ds1 and labour started the next day. Baby arroved just one day before I was supposed to be induced! Thank God!
Hope she'll show up very soon!

Thx for sharing your experiences ladies.
Despite the PMA, I have to be honest, I'm freaking out! I dreamed I was bleeding, OMG, that was awful!!! The worst thing is that 2 days before my miscarriage I dreamed I was bleeding too, and in the morning I tried to rationalize and thought "it's just a dream". How weird. I keep praying everything goes well.
On the bright side, I woke up for the loo in the middle of the night and felt sick! And this morning I could only swallow my coffee and prenat vit.

Sorry for all the ngativity, I promise I'll be my usual self after those early weeks have passed!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->