Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Happy due date Debzie! Did you go over with Emily? I had both mine at 40+4, though my calculated due date by ovulation was the date Louis was born.
Ummi don't worry about sounding negative, we've all been there. And we are all here for you to help you through the early weeks. How are you feeling? Any sickness?

Ummi be ourself if you have a bad day share we have all been there and still are at I times. We try and try to keep up the pma but if you look at any of our early posts we all have the same fears and even dreams. Hugs.

Mrsmigg I was induced at 37+3 with Emily fue to pre eclampsia. So this is new territory for me. By ov I'm due Friday it's strange I was more fed up last week than this. I think it's because Emily kept saying she would be born on her birthday which was last Saturday I had that date I'm my head so when it came and went I felt disappointed. Friday I will be 40+3.

:hugs: ummi we all have days like that don't feel afraid to say.

Oooo I think Friday might be a good day Debz!! Hospital dated me at 8th May buy my dates by ovulation is 7th May. Caitlin was born at 39+2 and Thomas was 40+3 hope this LO comes on the 7th like my dates :lol: x

Happy due date Debzie! I really hope that your little miss gets moving soon!

MMM, happy 3rd tri!! :happydance:

Kelly, I am getting close to being ready for Finn. I still have to sew my cloth wipes. It will probably take a day but it will be done soon. I am nearly done all my other sewing so I should get them done on Thursday. We have to go into town tomorrow for my OB/GYN appt. Are you set for Daniel? I was thinking I might knit up some cellular blankets but I am not sure. I will have to find some natural wool and that might be hard to find. How is your nursery coming together? I would love to see a picture :)

Ummi, never apologize for having negative thoughts. It is really hard to constantly stay positive. I had many dreams that I was bleeding early on. They are just dreams. :hugs: It is just the stress you are dealing with being PAL. I actually had another horrible dream just about a month ago, it had me in tears. But, we have to remember dreams don't mean anything at all.

Hi Mrs. M., how are you today?

I hope all you ladies are well. :flow:

Thank you all for the lovely comments about the quiet book. It didn't turn out as well as I had hoped it would but I am happy with it overall. I just finished the last 2 books last night. My poor fingers are so tender from hand sewing all the pages together. :haha:

Ummi, about how long it took to make them... I don't want to talk about it! :shy: :haha: It took SOOOOOO long. I was supposed to make 4 of them for Christmas presents. Unfortunately, I was really busy with work before Christmas and I started them too late (because I had to go out of town for some of the fabric) and had to really rush and get 2 of them done for the local babies. The other 2 books are going to be mailed so I put them down for a bit. Then I took a break... :haha: Each page has lots of hand sewing and that is what took so long. I think all told I could probably put a book together in about 2-3 days if I really get to work. I was thinking about making some baby things and selling them on my Etsy account but Shawn told me there is no way I could sell quiet books! I would have to sell them for 200 each in order to make any money at all (when taking time into account!). :haha:

I have one taggy toy nearly done, I just need to sew along the outside on the good side to finish it off. They were really fast to sew up. The dress for my sister's little girl is nearly done too. I have to iron it, sew around the edges to finish it, and then I need to get some buttons and then I will be done! Wooo! I can't go out to get the buttons today because we had tons of snow on Sunday night and then it rained all day yesterday and now everything is a sheet of ice out there. Shawn had to take the car I usually drive because he couldn't get his car out of the driveway because of the ice. I will get him to take me to the store after he is done work so I can get buttons and the things we need for supper tonight :)

Unfortunately, today I am having to take it a little easy. Last night I noticed that my ankles/feet were swollen! :nope: This is the first time! I figured it would go down over night but one ankle is still very swollen. I am sitting now with my feet up and am hoping that it will go down soon. I think the problem is that my sewing machine is on my dining room table and it is bar height so I can't sit to sew. I have to stand and do it and that means I was standing for quite a while yesterday. Is there anything I can do to help with the swelling?

Mindy, my feet and hands swelled with Edie and I never found anything helped unfortunately. Worst of all they never quite went back to their pre pregnancy size. I used to be a 6.5 now I'm a 7! Just take it easy and put them up when you can and get OH to massage them (again!) get your blood pressure checked though as it can be a sign of pre eclampsia. I'm sure it's not though.
I'm fine thank you. Louis has gained another 10 oz this week, I think I must produce supermilk! He had another good night last night, just waking at 2am for a feed. He is such a good baby, I actually cannot believe my luck.

Thank you for the advice :) I will get Shawn to rub my feet this evening. I am seeing my OB/GYN tomorrow so I will have my bp checked then. Usually my bp stays around 118/60 or so. I wonder if I would feel different if it went up quickly? I am assuming probably headaches for sure.

You really must make super milk!! Good job Louis! And good job you! :D I'm so happy to hear how well he is doing. I'm glad you are doing well today. Is your sinus infection gone completely now?

Well done mrs mug that must be gold too your producing lol

Ts my feet started swelling at 34 weeks and are enormous now nothing helps and I did with Emily too.

I'm so sad about the swelling. :( (how silly is that??)

I got my taggy toys done :)

Attachments

• 20130205_130116.jpg
    20130205_130116.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
hi ladies hope you all have had a good day, well as you ladies know i have no experience with childen and are one of those people that run a mile if one is near well went to my friends today and she fosters and she has just got a new born baby girl born on sat she was so ting and if im honest it terrified me she insisted i hold her and i just didnt feel right and in the end passed to oh who is just natrual(he has had two already that are adults now) now im so upset as im so worried im guna be a bad mum as i really didnt know what to do today
sorry for the negative post ladies

Oh Kelly please don't worry. You will feel different with Daniel. I'm not saying that you are instantly going to feel like a natural and will know immediately how to react to everything because you won't, none of us do and you might still feel a little awkward at first but you won't feel as nervous as you do with someone else's newborn. You are going to spend a hell of a lot of time with this little one in your arms and you will soon get to know how he likes to be held and everything. Are you going to try breast feeding?
Mindy the taggy toy is lovely, so are the books. You are so clever.

thanks claire i really do want to breast feed but even that scares the crap out of me im so scared im going to be a bad mum ive always been great with animals but babys well they just scare me , dont get me wrong i want daniel more then anything and my whole life now revolves around my bump and comes first at all costs but i just think im not guna be any good at this.

Kelly ill bet youll be a fab mum, i used to be exactly like you when it came to babies and kids i would run a mile, i pamicked when i was preg with ryan and after but you just get on with it and as mrs m said you soon learn what they do and dont like, its totally different when looking after your own

Ts hope the swelling goes down

Mrs m i think you must have supermilk :haha:

Kieron now weighs 13lb it feels mad having a bigger baby as ryan was so small for soo long he never got into 0-3 months clothes until he was 6 months :haha:, little man also got his second lot of jabs today he still grinned at the nurse after the first one but after the second he thought sod it and carried on crying bless him

Got the implant put in yesterday and my arm is so sore lol, just keeping my fingers crossed i dont have te side effects like last time or itll be coming straight out :haha:

Oh Kelly, don't worry! I never hold a new born more than 30 sec before having ds1. But when I had him in my arms, handling him, cuddling him, taking care of him came naturally. Obviously, lots of thing were difficult at first (especially sleepless nights), and i had so many questions! And you know, the thing with babies, is that they don't come with instructions! So you learn on the go! And any worries, just come and ask! The great thing is that you'll have an experienced dh. Both dh and i were clueless about babies!!

Hope: nice to know little Kieron is growing nicely!!

Hi ladies!
Glad to see you all here!
Some of you may already from the ttcal thread that, thank God, I got my bfp on monday. I am now 15 dpo and am trying the PMA so I just join you and see how it goes from there.

Very happy to see that lots of you are almost there!
And congrats to all of you who have got their rainbow in their arms already!!

xxx

Congratulations! :hugs: One day at a time is the only way to stay sort of sane in the beginning! Posting your worries on here will help with that. :flower:

The Big Fella is watching us eat alot now, I let him taste various foods but he will be only on breastmilk til 6 months. We plan to go get him weighed tomorrow morning...he is big, and fits perfectly into clothing our last one was wearing at age 1 :haha: He isnt even mega chubby, just big, broad back, big hands and feet, tall. BIG smile!

Kelly you will be fine when its your own baby....for someone who usually avoids holding babies of course it would feel awkward to hold one when you have your own bump in the way! :haha: The trick with breastfeeding is to make sure the latch is good, and to understand that there will be hard times, you just have to focus on the moment and try to avoid thinking ahead and panicking about it. You will do it for as long as you do it, and if thats not long, then Daniel won't starve, because there is always formula. :hugs: And remember, there is 'cluster feeding' and a baby wanting to feed alot is not a sign of no milk, its a healthy normal way of increasing your supply.

Not long now Debzie, happy due date! :happydance:

Sorry for my random sporadic posts....I am locked in a battle with the house. I swear there are goblins following me around undoing anything I do. :dohh: And as usual, come time to post my mind has gone blank! :haha:

Yay for super milk!

Kelly, I really think you and I share the same thoughts sometimes. :) I am scared to death to hold a newborn. I am really hoping things will be different when our own LO's come. I think it is like the other ladies are saying, when it is our own we will just hold him and that will be it. Nature will take over :)

Lozdi, I'm with Kelly on this one too... would love to see any more pictures that you would like to share :)

Wow Hope! Keiron is getting so big <3

i wish i had lots of money what do you think of these bags ladies???

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Pink-Lin..._Nappy_Changing_Bags&var=&hash=item3cc8659de8

I've got a pink lining bag Kelly. I think I paid about £40 second hand for mine on eBay. It is lovely though and it's strong, I've had tonnes of use out of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->