Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Hi ummi if you prefer the gp your at i would stay with them until after your lo is here then you can decide, i lived quite ar away from the gp i was registered with when i was pg with ryan but really didnt want to change but if i had of changed my address with them i wasnt in their catchment area so i would of had to change so i changed when id had ryan :haha: i didnt really have much choice then as wed moved and it would of taken me forever to get there and back :haha:

Thx for the advice. I think that's what I'll do then.
I def will have to change it afterwards though, it's going to take 2 hours in public transport to get there, so dh always drives me there (only 20 min by car).

Just took an appt with my go for wed 13/2. Hope they will refer me for a scan.

I really hope you get sent for a scan, Ummi. It will really help you have peace of mind :)

I agree I'd stay hun. The doctors I attend is 6 miles away. I have to drive past 3 other surgeries to get to it :lol: but I love all the doctors/MW's/nurses there. Hope you get an early scan :hugs:

How's everyone today? X

Thx Mmm.
I just thought about something though. The thing is that I am now in the neighbouring borough. So, I know I can choose any hospital, but the midwives I see at my gp are from Redbridge, and I am in Barking and Dagenham. (And the hospital is in Waltham Forest).
Do you think it's going to be a problem after the birth? Are they going to send midwives from Barking and Dagenham.

I know it's kind of silly thinking about things that are suposed to happen in 8 months time!! But it helps me focusing on the positives.
I guess I'll see how it goes after the appt and hopefully the scan and take it from there.

Hope you're feeling better Mmm.

How are you ladies? And your babies?

No sign of Debzie?? Thinking of you hun!

Ummi, there is no reason to feel silly about wanting to plan for 8 months from now. It is great! Awesome PMA :)

I saw on FB yesterday that Debzie had gone into the hospital :) (I hope she doesn't mind that I shared that here)

How is everyone today? I hope you are all well :flow:

I just wanted to share that now we are finally all ready to go for Finn's arrival! :happydance: I did my final bit of shopping on Wednesday and packed my bag and Shawn's bag that night. (well, I am still waiting for my nursing bras to come in the mail, hopefully they will come soon) And last night we got the dog food prepped to go for the kennel. Wooooo! I feel like I am getting somewhere now with the prep for baby. Today I am going to work on the wipes and get all the washed clothes (that I did a few weeks ago... queen of procrastination!) packed away and ready to go. It feels good to be ready.

Oh, today I am going to my first and only prenatal class. :haha: It is on postnatal care for me and baby and also breastfeeding. Let's see how helpful it will be... (not overly hopeful after hearing what my friends said about the classes)

I hope you are all having a good day!

Well, prenatal class was a bust! On the phone the public health nurse said 10 to 12. To me that meant 11:50. I repeated it and I think I even said 11 5-0? to make it clear. Apparently it was 10 am until 12 pm. Oh well. Not broke up about it at all. She is very preachy and won't answer questions about anything unless she agrees with it. My friend tried to ask about formula feeding in case bf didn't work out and she just said "formula is not good" and brushed off the questions.

Oh Mindy what a bummer!! Will you get chance to go to another?
Ummi I hope you get your scan.
I saw on Facebook Debzie's husband posted that baby is here but I don't know any more.
I have a poorly boy today so lots and lots of cuddles on the sofa.

Oh ts! It seems you did not miss that much then. hope you'll be able to reschedule another one though.

MrsM: cuddles are really good healers. Wish your lo gets better very soon xxx

Mrs. M., I'm sorry your little man isn't feeling well today. I agree with Ummi, mommy's cuddles are the best when you don't feel well. I hope he feels better very soon.

Ummi, I can't remember when you said your appt was, next week? I really hope that you get a scan!

Thanks ladies. I feel a little dumb about it. :shy: I didn't bother to reschedule. She literally waited until I was 36 weeks to offer any classes to me. She isn't all that concerned, if you ask me. :wacko: She offered to "try to find a time" for Shawn and I to go to a class or if I wanted I could take home some videos. I think that I probably have learned more from you ladies here and from the book I was given at my shower when it comes to bf'ing.

I have "Breastfeeding Made Simple: 7 Natural Laws for Nursing Mothers" by Nancy Mohbracher and Kathleen Kendall-Tackett. It is great so far. Very informative and straight forward.

the only advice I can give you about bf'ing is my own experience. I wanted to bf ds1, but at the hospital they told I didn't have enough milk and told me to give him formula. That totally messed my bf'ing and after 2 Weeks, I gave up (been told to complement breast w/formula). I had all the inconvenience of both and none of the advantages. I was in tears everytume I was giving him a bottle. But thank God, he still grew up healthy, but now he absolutely hates milk. Wonder if it's a psychological side effect. On the other hand, when I has ds2, I told myself I'd do just what I feel it's right and not listen to anyone. I breastfed for...23 months!
So follow your instincts, you'll know what's best!

My appt is on wed. Can't waiy for it. Hopefully time will fly by, I'll be busy with the kids, homeschool and all! Thx for asking.

Big thoughts for Debzie and lo. Hope you're both ok.

How's everyone else?

ummi hope you get your scan for peace of mind
its quiet here at the moment started my RLT today it doesnt taste that bad
how is everyone doing

Are you taking the RLT in tea form or in tablets? I hope it continues to be good for you :) I hope it does what it is supposed to, too!

How are you doing? Are you still doing a lot of work for your chickens? Do you find it really tiring?

I'm doing well. I've had more BH this evening than usual but it is probably because I was in the kitchen doing a lot of cooking today. I made a huge batch of tomato sauce so we can bottle it up and freeze it for quick suppers when Finn comes. I am going to use some of the sauce and make lasagna tomorrow. I already made a ton of meatballs a while back and they are in the freezer too. We also plan to put a bunch of crock pot meals together in bags in the freezer so they can be cooked up quickly too. We have other meals in the freezer too. Since I can't eat take out or most "convenience foods" because of gluten I think having tons of homemade frozen food will be a good idea. I also made ginger sesame chicken for supper tonight and we had our friend and her little girl over. We have leftovers from that in the freezer now too :)

I hope you are all well. :flow:

There is a blizzard gearing up outside right now and I am off to get into my snuggly warm bed :)

Mindy theres one thing i have to say to you FULL TERM whoop whoop how exciting your next then me arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrh lol
im taking the loose tea its not too bad see how i get along with it, im still doing the same amount of work its alot harder now and im so much slower now but i get there in the end,getting more customers now so thats good as feed is so expensive.
Have you got the really deep snow Mindy seen it on the news.
Hows everyone else cant wait to see Debz pics xxxxxxxx

Almost there Mindy!!

How are you Mmm and kelly?

Nothing much to report here. I am very tired, I could sleep 24 hr in a row, I wouldn't mind!
I'm blessed that the boys can stay quiet a bit in the afternoon so I can have a nap, or at least a lie down. I try to get most of the homeschool stuff done in the morning, because after lunch time, my eyes can barely stay opened! Lol!
Today dh is taking them to their football session and hopefully karate. That gives me time to do a bit of housework, start cooking, and if I finish on time i may even have a rest!!!

Thanks ladies! I can't believe it! :happydance:

Kelly, you are going to have to slow down a bit soon! I'm really glad you have more customers, though. That's great you like the tea. I'm not sure I would be able to stomach a tea like that. I would have to take the tablets, I think :) We don't have the amount of snow they got in some parts of the States... yet. :haha: We still have a blizzard warning today and tonight and a forecast of up to another 35 cm before it is all over. I will post a picture from my bedroom window. The plow went down our road 5-6 times between 5:30 am and 11 am!! Not too great for sleeping when your bedroom is at the front of your house! :dohh: What you can't really tell in the picture is that the snow behind the cars is up to the trunk (boot?) of the grey car!

How are you feeling today MMM?

Ummi, I felt the exact same at the beginning too. Nothing was better than sleep! :haha: That is great of your OH to take your boys out to give you some time today. I hope you are able to get some rest in there too!

I hope you are all well :)

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    21.7 KB · Views: 3
mindy thats pants your getting snow wat are your plans for getting to the hospital have you been booked in for a certain date how does it work where you are?

Yeah, the snow really sucks. It would have been so much better for it to have happened tomorrow. Then schools would be closed and we would get a snow day :) Here are 2 more pictures that show better what is going on out there right now...

I am not booked in at the hospital yet. I have a regular doctor appt on Wednesday and then OB/GYN appt the following Wednesday and every week after that until Finn comes :) I am assuming she will talk about booking an induction sometime next week when I see her. I think they will give us a date about 1 week after the EDD for that since I live so far from a hospital that will deliver. I'm not too sure though. I will ask her next week.

I will either get Shawn to drive me to the hospital or I will go in the ambulance. It all depends on how much my cervix is dilated when we go into the hospital here to check. If it is only 2 cm or so I will go with Shawn. If it is 4 cm or more I will definitely go in the ambulance in case something happens before we get to the hospital! :haha:

Do you have far to travel for the hospital? What are your plans?

Attachments

• smaller 2.jpg
    smaller 2.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 1
  • smaller 3.jpg
    smaller 3.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads