Cautiously Pregnant After A Loss. PMA, But Not Taking It For Granted.

Thanks Debzie, I'm better today. Just a bit queasy, so it's barable (sorry spelling??). I have a caugh, so I think that's what caused the fever.
I really hope you heal very quickly. Though we know the c-section was for your and the baby's own good, but still must be really hard. *hugs*

Oh dear Ummi, you've got a clever DS there :lol:

Well done Ben, that's great Pink but it's a pain you couldn't relax and sleep too :(

:hugs: for Isla's colic Debz, Caitlin and Thomas both suffered with it and it was awful :( x

Thanks for all the compliments on the nursery ladies :)

I'm at my appt with my OB/GYN right now. I will post properly when we get home this evening.

I hope you are all well :flow:

Ok my next question for you ladies. What make of Doppler did you use, if any? When would I expect to hear a heartbeat? I know they can be seen on an ultrasound from about 6 weeks but I'd imagine a Doppler would be later. Especially with my tummy padding lol!

I got one from amazon think it was a jumper one, it was about £30 and did the job well. I found babys HB at 9/10 weeks. They say you can find it from 8 but it can take hours ... Seriously. I think your best off waiting till 10 weeks before checking even then it still took me a good half an hour to find it :lol: x

I have padding too ickle and picked up a heartbeat from 10 weeks. I bought a second and hi bebe one from e bay £30'. Didn't get the one with digital display though think that would have made me more paranoid. Xx

I got the angelsounds one from amazon but I bought mine when I was about 12 weeks. I did find hb quite quickly but it was a struggle sometimes so I agree with the others, it is too much stress to try any earlier.

Ive got the digital be be I found mine at 9 weeks but at times it was a struggle and really stressed me out I agree with pink xx hows everyone

Hi ladies :)

I'm sorry I missed so much today.

Ummi, I'm glad you are feeling better but I'm sorry your DS spilled the beans! Silly boy! :)

Debzie, I'm sorry Isla is colic-y. I hope she feels better soon. I'm sorry your incision is still tender. I really hope it feels better soon.

Ickle, I didn't get a dopler. It was too stressful for me to think about trying to finding the heartbeat and not finding it. I really just left everything up to PMA and hoping for the best. :)

Hi MMM, Pink, Kelly, Mrs. M. and everyone else (my brain is NOT working right now. :shy:)

How is everyone this evening?

Well, I got some interesting news at my appt today. First bit if great news GBS negative! :yipee: 2nd bit of more interesting news... I'm 2 cm dilated and 80% effaced! Eek!! She said baby's head is very low. She also said he isn't back to back anymore so that is great. His body is on my left side and his arms/legs are on the right. After she checked me (since we live so far away they like to check to see if you are progressing at all to see if we should stay or are ok to go back home) I started bleeding. Scared the crap out of me! She said it was normal because of the irritation to my cervix. It is already stopping.

I hope you are all having a good evening :flow:

Glad to see things are progressing Mindy. Can't to read you announcing the birth!! Will be thinking of you loads and loads!!

For the same reason as you, I am planning on NOT buying a doppler. Though I thought about it, but I know I'll get too stressed out.

Thanks Ummi :)

I think Shawn was/is a little freaked out when the doctor said 2 cm! :haha: I know I was/am!

I can't wait to meet our little guy, but I am so nervous about labour, and how we are going to get to the hospital (am I going with Shawn or am I going in the ambulance), and what we are going to do with our dogs, and everything else!! :dohh: :haha: At least the forecast has changed and after tomorrow the weather is supposed to be sunny :)

My doctor kept saying she was on call this weekend so I could come see her and get checked out whenever I need to. I think she isn't really expecting me to go to much longer. She seems pretty confident that I won't need to be induced. I really hope she is right!

Great news TS. Not long to go now :)

I'm rethinking the Doppler idea now. I keep having moments of pure panic (I know now how you all felt) so I think just trusting that everything's ok unless there's a clear sign that it isn't is a good idea.

Oh wow that's brilliant news Mindy!! I really hope that something starts happening in the next few days for you :happydance:

That sounds like a good idea ickle they can cause more stress than anything! I remember when I couldn't find the HB for our angel baby but I was in denial and kept putting it down to inexperience of not being able to find. Then when we went for our scan and we were told it sort of made sense. But that meant when I got pregnant this time I did panic a little if I couldn't find it :( :hugs: it will probably be best to wait till after the 12 week scan x

Great news Mindy things are happening.

Ickle I became obsessed with my Doppler early on using it every day sometimes a few times a day and freaking out when I couldn't find a hb. I caused myself no end of stress in those first weeks. I only settled down after my gender scan at 18 weeks. It seems a distant memory now though.

Hi everyone.

Isla had a better night last night up at 1am and 5am for feeds but settled quickly. Still colicky earlier in the evening. Trying to get a routine in place with Isla and Emily. Managed to bath them both and have them ready for bed by 7.30pm.

Well done Debzie! I could have never done that when ds2 was born!

I just got round to booking my scan. Omg! I am terrified and excited at the same time! Thank God, I only have 2 days to wait. It's on sat @11.50. I'll need all your positive vibes ladies!!

ummi sending mega positive vibes for you xx
mindy how exciting how are you feeling?
hows everyone else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back