CD1 8/17- Anyone else with me for Sept Testing? 31 Testers so far

Silently stalking here. I'm 13DPO and all opks stubbornly negative. Struggling with an irregular cycle atm so ovulated on CD12 two months ago and CD17 last month I hate not knowing what's going on!

Also I bought the clear blue dual hormone opk this month as I want to be more sure of my fertile days, you are supposed to get about two flashing smileys to correspond with the oestrogen surge then two days of solid smileys for the LH surge which is peak fertility. Well I've had 5 days of flashing smiley faces so far and am about ready to chuck them out of the window :|

I've heard a lot of women say they get several flashy days before they get their solid. I've heard some others say they get several flashy days and never get the solid. :wacko:

Since the dual hormone uses the FMU, maybe you could use ICs in the afternoon (after a 3-4 hour hold) to search for the LH surge too? In my case, when I've tested first thing in AM and then in afternoon, I never get a +OPK in the AM. I can get relatively close (dark second line but not dark enough; or no smiley face on the standard digi) but my best surge detection is always afternoon. I know they say that with the dual hormone you could do a test twice a day once you get the flashy but those sticks are so expensive.

Silently stalking here. I'm 13DPO and all opks stubbornly negative. Struggling with an irregular cycle atm so ovulated on CD12 two months ago and CD17 last month I hate not knowing what's going on!

Also I bought the clear blue dual hormone opk this month as I want to be more sure of my fertile days, you are supposed to get about two flashing smileys to correspond with the oestrogen surge then two days of solid smileys for the LH surge which is peak fertility. Well I've had 5 days of flashing smiley faces so far and am about ready to chuck them out of the window :|

I've heard a lot of women say they get several flashy days before they get their solid. I've heard some others say they get several flashy days and never get the solid. :wacko:

Since the dual hormone uses the FMU, maybe you could use ICs in the afternoon (after a 3-4 hour hold) to search for the LH surge too? In my case, when I've tested first thing in AM and then in afternoon, I never get a +OPK in the AM. I can get relatively close (dark second line but not dark enough; or no smiley face on the standard digi) but my best surge detection is always afternoon. I know they say that with the dual hormone you could do a test twice a day once you get the flashy but those sticks are so expensive.

Thanks for the tips I have some ICs and did one yesterday afternoon and it didn't look even close to positive which is strange as even my longest cycles it should be starting to get darker soon!

hiya girls hope your all well not been on for a couple of days been busy getting school stuff ready these school holidays have gone so quick xxx

Hi girls! Can I join you? I just got my first PP af so looks like I'll be testing in September! Of course with BF its quite likely I will have a super long cycle and will still be testing in October :) but looks like I'm not the only POAS addict about here :).

Welcome!!!!

What is "PP" ?

Thanks for the welcome. Sorry, PP= post partum. LO is 7.5 months old.

Hey Boo44!

I had 3 days (in a row) of flashing smiley faces, stopped on the 4th day, thinking I was wasting my tests, but noticed my temp drop on the 5th day...and that's when I got a solid smiley face. Once you get a solid smiley face, it will stay on the monitor for 48 hours straight, instead of disappearing like the flashing ones.

Once I got the solid smiley face, that is also when my cheap tests gave me 2 dark lines. I say, keep testing. Some women have more highly fertile days than others.

Are you also tracking your basal temperature? Your temp will give you the best signs for ovulation, so you don't have to waste your tests (if you don't want to).

Hi girls! Can I join you? I just got my first PP af so looks like I'll be testing in September! Of course with BF its quite likely I will have a super long cycle and will still be testing in October :) but looks like I'm not the only POAS addict about here :).

Welcome!!!!

What is "PP" ?

Thanks! I'm still catching up on some of the short cuts. :)

So you have 2 under 2 years? Wow! You must be really busy!

Ladies, today is CD9 and my BBT has dropped significantly. I do usually get a drop before ovulation. My OPK is nearly positive too. Can I really ovulate this early in a cycle?
My chart is in my signature. Xx

Can I join? :wave: I'm on CD2 and should be testing September 26~28th. This is our second cycle TTC and I have PCOS. Good luck everyone! :dust:

Welcome!!!!

What is "PP" ?

Thanks! I'm still catching up on some of the short cuts. :)

So you have 2 under 2 years? Wow! You must be really busy!

Sorry, I need to update my sig. DD is 15 months now so not actually under 2 any more. It does keep me busy. Some days I feel like super mum when everthing is running smoothly. Other days it is more like caos but we survive those days too :). Already thinking toward #3 so can't be that bad! Or maybe I am just crazy.

Can I join? :wave: I'm on CD2 and should be testing September 26~28th. This is our second cycle TTC and I have PCOS. Good luck everyone! :dust:

Welcome pam!!! Good luck this cycle! :)

Ladies, today is CD9 and my BBT has dropped significantly. I do usually get a drop before ovulation. My OPK is nearly positive too. Can I really ovulate this early in a cycle?

I've heard of people Oing really early in cycle, but never experienced it myself (opposite problem: I usually O way late). Do you have fertile CM?

I have PCOS so usually a late ovulater too!
The clomid is bringing ovulation forward so it maybe early. I took another OPK this afternoon and its lighter so I am not convinced this is the real deal yet. Hopefully soon though. Xx

Teeny: I usually ovulate on CD12 or CD13. This month I O'd on CD10, so it's definitely possible! I had a friend get pregnant when she O'd on CD10 as well.

Hey ladies! How u'all doing?? Today am 4 dpo. I don't temp though.just going with body,cm and OPK. Am feeling relaxed.i have no symptoms.nothing!! Nada!! Not even sore breast or nipples.will see what happens. I had an ectopic pregnancy in May. So I lost one tube.just have one tube functioning. Not having any high hopes.

Hey everyone!! Doing the cross hairs dance over here.

We didn't get as much bd'ing in as I would have liked, but maybe it can be all about timing and not how much.. Anyways fingers are crossed that this will be it!! And I am NOT going to symptom spot or test early this cycle! I have noticed ovulation symptoms but after today I am done. I will just continue to temp and chart like I have been and let it happen if it is meant to happen.

Hope everyone is ready for the long weekend coming up. (here in the US at least)

Finally got my positive opks yesterday and today and yesterday I got my solid smiley face on day 15 - whoop!

Question girls (again, what would I do without you!) - if you get two positive days on IC opks, which of those days would you actually ovulate do you think?

Finally got my positive opks yesterday and today and yesterday I got my solid smiley face on day 15 - whoop!

Question girls (again, what would I do without you!) - if you get two positive days on IC opks, which of those days would you actually ovulate do you think?

I cant really help you there, as I have never had 2 days of + OPKs. I am honestly lucky if I get one positive! This cycle I tested 2x a day, but if I hadn't, I wouldn't have seen the positive. I know they say that within 12-24 hours of the positive is when you will ovulate. SO I just hope that we were able to catch that egg.

I normally get 3 pos opks when I ovulate but I use fertility friend and that puts mine in for me a raz in your temp that could be u have ovulate xx

So ladies, I'm at 6DPO today. My Wondfo HPTs are showing up in the mail today from Amazon. I am going to try VERY VERY hard not to test until Saturday because my students start back on Wednesday and I do NOT want to have to deal with a + or - test and the emotions that brings during the first 3 days of school, especially at a new school where I'm already nervous enough. Honestly, with all the stress I feel about starting a new school year, I'm surprised I even O'd this cycle! LoL :haha:

My temp spiked way up today, and I Took it an hour earlier than normal because I woke up and had to go to the bathroom so I tested at 4am instead of 5am. My reading was 97.9 (pretty high compared to my other readings). If I use an adjustor it moves it even higher to 98.08.

Question: should I just leave it at 97.9 (with it marked at 4am) or put in the adjusted time? Does it even matter at this point?

mrscletus Yay for CH!! I love the feeling of getting a set of solid CH on FF. :) Welcome to the TWW. :thumbup: Good luck not symptom spotting. I will try hard to be there with you.

You ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after a +OPK. I've never had 2 days in a row that were + but I think if you are getting 2 +OPKs then you probably will ovulate the day or or after the second one. Since you can O 48 hours after the first surge, it's still possible to O as late as the day after the second +. So I would say that since you got the solid smiley yesterday, you will probably O today or tomorrow. I've actually had a + where I didn't get a temp rise for 4 days and FF determined I O'd 2 days after the +.

Watching temps is the only way to know for sure when you O.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->