• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

CD1 8/17- Anyone else with me for Sept Testing? 31 Testers so far

Yay for CH mrscletus I love seeing mine show up too. Chart looks like timing was good.

Afm I'm Cd12 today waiting to get a pos opk I normally o right around cd14 so it should be soon

Question: should I just leave it at 97.9 (with it marked at 4am) or put in the adjusted time? Does it even matter at this point?

I think it doesn't matter at this point. I've never had good results using an adjusted temperature so I never adjust. :shrug: Good luck holding off on testing and with your new class!

Question: should I just leave it at 97.9 (with it marked at 4am) or put in the adjusted time? Does it even matter at this point?

I think it doesn't matter at this point. I've never had good results using an adjusted temperature so I never adjust. :shrug: Good luck holding off on testing and with your new class!

Thanks. :) That's what I was thinking, now that I'm in TWW I don't think it's a huge deal.

Finally got my positive opks yesterday and today and yesterday I got my solid smiley face on day 15 - whoop!

Question girls (again, what would I do without you!) - if you get two positive days on IC opks, which of those days would you actually ovulate do you think?

You ovulate anywhere from 12-48 hours after a +OPK. I've never had 2 days in a row that were + but I think if you are getting 2 +OPKs then you probably will ovulate the day or or after the second one. Since you can O 48 hours after the first surge, it's still possible to O as late as the day after the second +. So I would say that since you got the solid smiley yesterday, you will probably O today or tomorrow. I've actually had a + where I didn't get a temp rise for 4 days and FF determined I O'd 2 days after the +.

Watching temps is the only way to know for sure when you O.

Yeah unfortunately I haven't been able to temp properly as I've been on night shifts the last 3 nights which is exactly when I ovulated :dohh: so I won't get crosshairs or be sure this month. We DTD either 4 or 5 days before O depending on which day of the positives I ovulated, so we're probably a bit too far out this month which is sad.

Another FF question - if you DTD at like 23.45 and it goes beyond midnight, do you put it on that day or the day after midnight? I'm new to all this charting stuff and just getting to grips with it!

Thanks for all the wisdom ladies

i think you can chart that either way. But just be sure you are being consistent to chart the same way alll month

Boo-Pretty sure I got pregnant with dd from dtd 5 days before o so it can happen.

Yeah unfortunately I haven't been able to temp properly as I've been on night shifts the last 3 nights which is exactly when I ovulated :dohh: so I won't get crosshairs or be sure this month. We DTD either 4 or 5 days before O depending on which day of the positives I ovulated, so we're probably a bit too far out this month which is sad.

Another FF question - if you DTD at like 23.45 and it goes beyond midnight, do you put it on that day or the day after midnight? I'm new to all this charting stuff and just getting to grips with it!

Thanks for all the wisdom ladies

You can do it either way as long as you are consistent. You can do either a 24-hour chart where you log it into the actual day based on a 24-hour chart (so put it on the next day), or you can do it on a wake to sleep cycle where whatever you do before you go to sleep is marked as that day. I usually mark it on a wake-to-sleep cycle. If it's 2am but I haven't been to bed yet, I mark it as the night before.

hiya girls hope u all have a nice day boo44 it only takes one spermey to get the egg pretty shore you should be fine hun xx

FF gave me crosshairs today, making me 3 dpo. I don't agree with it though, so I'm saying I'm 2 dpo for testing purposes.

My goal is to stay nice and calm and not over-analyze anything during this 2ww...as my cat that doesn't really like me sits on my belly making me think maybe she's sensing something in there already.:haha: Let the 2ww begin!:coffee:

Hi ladies! 7DPO! Tomorrow my students return to school for the first day, and I'm so nervous. I've been teaching 9 years and the first day of school still makes me incredibly nervous. Not sure why. It is a new school and a new district though so that is always nerve-wracking when I don't know the students or the environment real well. At least with this going on I know I can probably easily avoid testing on Wed, Thurs, Fri because I'll be too busy and don't want to deal with the emotions of either.

If I follow the same as the last several cycles, then (if AF is on her way) I'll start to see some blood in cm, and then by Fri will be spotting. Here's to hoping it doesn't happen! :)

Best of luck to everyone in the TWW.

EDIT: AFM, Just checked my cervix and it was very high and very very soft. Softer than I think I've noticed it ever before. I almost couldn't tell where it was because it feels like the walls of the vagina rather than like the cervix (if that makes sense). Also, an increase in creamy CM.Nothing outrageous but more than the previous few days. Hoping these are good signs!

her angel The cervix during pregnancy

Women who use the position of the cervix to determine whether or not they are ovulating may wonder if they can also use the position or texture of the cervix to tell if they are pregnant before a pregnancy test can tell them. This is sometimes true, but not always. The cervix does change during the early days of pregnancy, but not at the same time for every woman. Some women might see the change in their cervix right away, and other women might not see the change for a very long time. When pregnancy occurs, the cervix rises up and becomes softer. However, there is no way to tell when this will happen in any particular case. Sometimes, it happens within days of conception, but other times, it might not happen well into the first month of pregnancy. It is not a reliable indicator of pregnancy, so women should be advised not to use this as their only means of determining whether or not they are pregnant.
l

My cervix was different both times I was pregnant.

New to the site and new to TTC! DH is 24 and I am 25. This is our first cycle trying and I will be testing somewhere around Sept. 20, so count me in! I decided to go ahead and use OPKs this month because my head and heart want to dive right in! I am not temping, though, and I haven't gotten the hang of charting yet. I do have a question, though, and it may be a dumb one. is there any way that you could have a faint OPK line AFTER you ovulated? Or does it just come before? Making sure I didn't miss ovulation, and if I did, well I could still have a chance, though! Hehe. Good luck to everyone!

New to the site and new to TTC! DH is 24 and I am 25. This is our first cycle trying and I will be testing somewhere around Sept. 20, so count me in! I decided to go ahead and use OPKs this month because my head and heart want to dive right in! I am not temping, though, and I haven't gotten the hang of charting yet. I do have a question, though, and it may be a dumb one. is there any way that you could have a faint OPK line AFTER you ovulated? Or does it just come before? Making sure I didn't miss ovulation, and if I did, well I could still have a chance, though! Hehe. Good luck to everyone!

Welcome! No such thing as a dumb question. :) Your body always has some level of LH in it, and it various during your cycle. So you can have faint lines show up on OPKs before, and after you Ovulate. For some women the line gets darker as you get closer to O, for others it bounces around and can go from nonexistant to positive overnight. For an OPK it's important to remember that a light line is still negative and that it doesn't count as positive until your second line is as dark or darker than the control.

Welcome! No such thing as a dumb question. :) Your body always has some level of LH in it, and it various during your cycle. So you can have faint lines show up on OPKs before, and after you Ovulate. For some women the line gets darker as you get closer to O, for others it bounces around and can go from nonexistant to positive overnight. For an OPK it's important to remember that a light line is still negative and that it doesn't count as positive until your second line is as dark or darker than the control.

Angel: Thanks for the answer! I feel a bit uneasy sometimes because many of the members here know A LOT and I'm over here, reading and doing my homework! I believe I'm supposed to Sept. 3rd so I suppose I will just test again tomorrow at some point. How many times do you recommend testing a day? Thank you for all the help!

Chole At one point we were all new and uninformed! I dropped bc back in February so i've been studying, learning, researching, etc since then and there are still things I don't know. :) A big part of it is finding out about your body and what your body does.

The best way to test with OPK is to test around the same time every day after a 3-4 hour hold (very little water/liquid during that time and don't go to the bathroom). If you are close to O then you can test more often. What kind of tests are you using? If you are using internet cheapies you can test a couple times a day (Wondfo is awesome!). Sometimes when I'm close I'll test with SMU and in the afternoon, but in my case I almost always catch the surge in the afternoon but every woman is different.

In my case I like to start with the IC's and then when they are close to positive I will start to use a Clearblue Digital to double check and I can usually get a smiley within a day or two that day. For me, the Digi's are too expensive to use every day, especially when my O date changes so much. I've managed to make a "2 month supply" of Digi's last 4 months at this rate. And the Wondfo's from Amazon are like $12 for 25-50 tests.

Angel- I went to the store today to pick hubby up some beer, and went shopping in the planning section. They had OPKs and preg. tests on sale so I went ahead and got some...or actually a good bit. They are Rite Aid Brand. I tested about 8pm, because well, I was excited and I had just gotten off work (I work some very long hours). The test came back where the test line was about half the shade of darkness as the control line, so I know it was negative. Will test again tomorrow. I work long hours tomorrow as well, though.

Angel- I went to the store today to pick hubby up some beer, and went shopping in the planning section. They had OPKs and preg. tests on sale so I went ahead and got some...or actually a good bit. They are Rite Aid Brand. I tested about 8pm, because well, I was excited and I had just gotten off work (I work some very long hours). The test came back where the test line was about half the shade of darkness as the control line, so I know it was negative. Will test again tomorrow. I work long hours tomorrow as well, though.

Good luck! Half the shade of darkness isn't bad. Try tomorrow after a long hold and that might be a lot closer to +

I'm gutted. We were away for 4 days when I ovulated and it was the worst possible set up for any BD; very squeaky old bed, my aunt sleeping next door behind a very thin wall, DD sharing room with us, no privacy AT ALL...

Only did it once 5 days before I ovulated, got busy the day before as well but were interrupted by DD last minute and DH didn't finish as he couldn't carry on after the interruption.:(
So I'm out before the countdown even begins.:(

Am 6dpo today and am having sharp stabbing pain.its like a stitch pain. Am also having horribke back pain and am very gassy! This is actually the first time am noticing these symptons.from 1-5 dpo I had no symptons going on.nothing at all.how are you ladies doing?? Baby dust

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amama
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->