Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

thank you abe :) All I have found on the internet so far is that a PCOS diet should be focused on a low glycemic index to balance insuline resistance - do you have any more insight than that?

I'm sorry, I don't :(

AFM: AF has come and (somewhat) gone. We've accepted our FET cycle officially. Start suprefact July 4th, looking at transfer beginning of August :happydance:

no worries, steph has given me a lot of information by now (thank you steph!) :)

Exciting times for you abe! :D

AFM: CD 54 today, no ovulation, no period, nothing. On the bright side, get to see my gynecologist tomorrow and hopefully lots of testing done. Can't wait to have answers and start doing something to get things going!

You're very welcome Fluffy, hope you get some more answers tomorrow and a plan for the near future.

Yay Abe, August will be here before we know it!

Hi Ladies! I hope you are all having a good week? We got home from our lovely 10 days in Gran Canaria yesterday morning and it was lovely to get away and get out of my head! We didn't talk about babies and I didn't think (too much) about it. Unfortunately the witch is due today and I can feel she is on her way:( But trying to stay positive and remember this month is a new fresh start! And we can try again. One of my close friends text me yesterday and told me she is pregnant. She didn't want to tell me in person as she wanted me to have time to process by myself which is very thoughtful and I think has maybe helped me as I am not jealous (well only about 3 out of 10 jealous) This is her second child and I am the first person she told about the first so I am glad she didn't put off telling me, however I know she has only been trying 2 months and she only tried 1 month for the first so its a little like why do I have to wait so long! But then I remember her being pregnant is no reflection in me not being pregnant. And she is a good mom and I am happy for them and don't want them to struggle! So all in its a good week :winkwink:
Baby dust to you all! Fingers crossed our time is close!

Fluffy - sorry about the PCOS diagnosis! I know how much of a shock it can be :(

I hope your appointment went well and they did lots of testing for you!

For me the important things were to get someone who knew what they were talking about and that would do the right tests. IE for me I have insulin resistant PCOS. I noticed a change as soon as I started taking Metformin. It is all the same though they advise low carb, low sugar diet. Basically whole foods! And I have not been great on it but there are things you can do to help. The hardest part is diagnosing it to start with so you are halfway there!

If I can help with questions or anything just PM me :) I'm no expert but I've done lots of research after I was diagnosed!

@Sheece
thank you :) it's so nice to have people like you and steph who make me feel less alone with this!

@HopefulB
I think you're handling your friends pregnancy really well, and I think it's okay to be a little jealous and very happy for them at the same time! I think that's how I would feel, though probably more than just a little jealous, haha!

AFM:
I got lots of testing done at my gyno appointment, she ordered "everything" in the blood tests she said. The sono confirmed PCOS. Calling up today to hear about what the blood tests say. She is referring me to a fertility clinic who gave me an appointment at the end of July. Inspired by steph (thank you!), I called them up yesterday just to check if maybe anyone has cancelled their appointment and I could get an earlier one, and... THEY HAVE ONE TOMORROW (Thursday)!! I was pretty shocked but excited, so now we're going to the fertility clinic *tomorrow*. It's a bit of chaos with work, but we're both prepared to deal with the fallout as this just takes priority. I feel so much better being able to go to the clinic tomorrow and hopeful start treatment soon!

Thats awesome Fluffy!! What luck to get in tomorrow :D

Just wanted to drop in and say congrats to the BFPs! And still sending baby dust to you all who are still waiting for yours!

Been checking in occasionally and looks like some exciting developments. Good to hear you're getting some answers fluffy and Abe good luck for your FET! Haven't gone all the way back through the thread so good luck to those I haven't personally mentioned!

Still thinking of you all!

Hi Ladies:flower: I hope you are all doing well?I had a surprise on Tue got my :bfp: I am still in shock and have told on one other than the DH really hopping this is my sticky bean. I was sure the witch was on her way as I had pains from Fri they eased off Sun and I just didn't think any more as I thought we had got our BD timings wrong this month.
Thanks for all your support girls I will be sticking around and spreading baby dust for you lovely's! :thumbup:

OMG congratulations Hopeful! I need to get myself down to Gran Canaria, obviously something in the water there! Wishing you a happy and healthy 9 months :hugs:

Congrats hopeful thats such exciting news!!

Happy and healthy 9 months to you x

Well girls im back to the ttc side. Found out yesterday ive had a missed miscarriage at 8.5 weeks. So it happened this past weekend. I have a d & c on monday.

Ive gone through the gamut of emotions and im settled on sad frustrated and impatient. We will get there but everything was perfect until it wasnt so next time im hibernating for 12 months :(

Sheece, I replied on your journal, but again, I am so sorry for your loss. :hugs:

@Sheece
As I said in your journal, I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage :( You are right, you will get there!

@Hopeful
Congratulations!! I wish you a happy and safe pregnancy :)

Little update about me: We had our first appointment at the fertility clinic yesterday and they also confirmed PCOS. They are starting me on a drug (duphastone) today which should brin gon AF within the next 10 days and then they will do a blood test on CD 3 to determine what drugs they will give me to bring on ovulation. The doctor seemed pretty positive though and said he would hope I can get pregnant within the next 1-4 months, so that was a major relief! Hubby still needs to have his semen analysis done in a couple of weeks to rule out any issues on his side, but we're both feeling very optimistic right now :)
Sliiiight downside is that I have been told instead of clomid, they will most likely give me a drug with less side effects (yay), but I will have to inject that every day for 2-3 weeks. Not a fan of having to poke myself with a needle every day for that long, but it's a small price to pay for a baby!

You guys must be releived fluffy! Thats great news :)

I know which drug you are talking about but the name escapes me. Its what they prescribed me for IUI so you know its the good stuff!

I'm so sorry Sheece. :hugs: Take it easy, and you know were here if you want/need to vent.

Congratulations Hopeful!

You guys must be releived fluffy! Thats great news :)

I know which drug you are talking about but the name escapes me. Its what they prescribed me for IUI so you know its the good stuff!

We are relieved indeed! Just hoping that hubby's analysis comes back without any issues too. Very eager to get started, hubby is picking up the prescription today on his way home from work.
I'll make sure to post the name here once they tell me so we can compare if it's really the same. In case it is, how did you feel when you were on it? Any insight from someone who has taken it? :)

I actually never got to use it as we conceived before we had to start. But ill be taking it soon im sure.

One tip i heard was to use an ice cube to numb the injection site first. And ive heard side effects are less than clomid too so hopefully you will be ok!

thank you for the tip! Sadly, my doctor said to please *not* do that because the cooling can affect how much of the medication you absorb and it can lead to injection edemas ^^" So I guess I'll just have to tough it out!

I'm halfway (5/10) through my AF inducing medication today, so far no side effects other than tiredness. I should get my period some time next week, then go in for CD 3 blood tests and hopefully start treatment for ovulation! Even if it doesn't work in the first round, and I know statistically you only ever have about a 25% chance per cycle, I will be happy to at least be able to test and hope and have things moving rather than being stuck in this now 70+ day cycle.

How is everyone else doing?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"