Cheers to BFPs in 2-0-1-7!

Full af flow started last night so think it was just a slow starter! It's my first period without the coil for a few years so it's lighter than normal. Full on cramps and bleeding today.

I am thinking ov will be around cd17ish on a 35/36 day cycle, what do you guys think? Xx

@sarah
hard to tell without temping, but the standard luteal phase is 14 days long, so that would put your ovulation on CD 21/22. the length of time pre-ovulation might vary (follicular phase), but the luteal phase is fairly consistent (12-16 days) :)

Hi everyone! I *think* I finally ovulated on CD17 as I got my positive OPK on CD16 and FF is giving me crosshairs on CD17. I had no ovulation pain though which is very unusual for me so I'm still not convinced! I'm having a blood test tomorrow to check anyway so I will know for sure when I get the results from that...feeling anxious as my temps are never very high post ovulation so I think I may have low progesterone or something?

How is everyone else getting on? x

yay for ovulation, polka! :) What did your blood test say?

I'm alright but I have been better, having another super-long cycle right now and those just suck all hope out of me. On CD 36!! today and still no ovulation :( Counting the days until I can see my doctor and get checked out (28th June)... I know TWWs can be hard but I was looking forward to having one, I had my test date set and all - but again, my cycle just goes "nope"

Hey ladies! Just wanted to give a quick update since I haven't posted in this thread in a while. I got my BFP Thursday and I'm so excited! After 4 cycles of wondering if it would ever happen it finally did. We were even being careful this month because we were supposed to go to Mexico a week from today so this was a shock! Doc says she doesn't recommend us going to Mexico which sucks :( but other than that I'm over the moon excited :)

congratulations zoe!!! :) so happy for you! Sure it's a bummer that you can't go to Mexico, but I bet it's a sacrifice you're more than happy to make for that BFP ^^

Congrats Zoe! Did you have many symptoms before your BFP?

No symptoms at all. But I also wasn't expecting it because we were being careful. I didn't feel any different than I usually do before AF.

Congratulations Zoe!

AFM - AF stopped today so cd 4/5 and looking forward to ovulation! Started on my prenatal folic acid and stocked up on opk and pregnancy tests. I'll be taking a hpt on 3 July judging by my previous cycle.

Fluffy could it be that you have missed your ov and just having a long cycle? Mine are naturally quite long and I'm pretty sure I don't ov every month xx

@sarah
and on to another cycle! :) Do you also get a little bit excited at the beginning of a new cycle thinking "this could be the one"?
I don't think I missed my ovulation since I've been temping consistently, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened (yet). The question is when will it finally happen or will it not happen at all... I'm on CD 37 today and still no signs. As someone who already has a child, at least you know you're fertile! X) How long are your cycles, do you mind sharing? and why do you think you don't always ovulate?
Right now I'm trying not to get this second super long cycle get me down, but it's hard ._. I keep worrying.

yay for ovulation, polka! :) What did your blood test say?

I'm alright but I have been better, having another super-long cycle right now and those just suck all hope out of me. On CD 36!! today and still no ovulation :( Counting the days until I can see my doctor and get checked out (28th June)... I know TWWs can be hard but I was looking forward to having one, I had my test date set and all - but again, my cycle just goes "nope"

I haven't had the results yet, I should get them next Wednesday (NHS so things are slow...but free so can't complain!)

I do suspect my thyroid is going to come back as underactive as I have quite a few of the symptoms, hopefully it'll be an easy fix if that's the case.

I'm optimistic that I ovulated. I didn't get ovulation pain which is unusual but my temp definitely rose and my boobs hurt as usual too

I'm just dreading getting AF again as I really didn't cope well last month. I feel like we're doing everything right and my anxiety goes into overdrive convincing me it will never happen.

I'm sorry to hear you haven't ovulated yet, hopefully your doctor can give you some answers and get things kick started again...have you been tested for PCOS or similar (sorry if I've missed where you've said)? There's loads they can do to get you to ovulate so try not to worry too much (easier said than done, I know!) x

@sarah
and on to another cycle! :) Do you also get a little bit excited at the beginning of a new cycle thinking "this could be the one"?
I don't think I missed my ovulation since I've been temping consistently, so I'm pretty sure it hasn't happened (yet). The question is when will it finally happen or will it not happen at all... I'm on CD 37 today and still no signs. As someone who already has a child, at least you know you're fertile! X) How long are your cycles, do you mind sharing? and why do you think you don't always ovulate?
Right now I'm trying not to get this second super long cycle get me down, but it's hard ._. I keep worrying.

Yes it is exciting!!

My cycles are very irregular so I don't really know to be honest! My last 2 cycles have been 39 and then 36 days. I don't think I ovulate every month as I have been known to go 7/8 weeks between periods. I don't track temps or opks so I guess I can't be exactly sure.

As for knowing I am fertile, I guess the fact that I have a child already tells me that I can have children but I have read a lot of things about people who struggle with conceiving their 2nd so that worries me, although I am trying not to stress about it.

You can still have long cycles and conceive so try to keep positive :) x

@polkadot
we're from the UK, so I know all too well about the NHS and it's snail pace :p I'm not an expert but from what I understand an underactive thyroid is a fairly easy fix (with medication) :) I so so understand how AF brings on your anxiety *big hugs* It's hard not to imagine the worst sometimes, isn't it?

I've not been tested for anything but thyroid problems yet (which is all good, thankfully). I'm suspecting it could be something like PCOS, so I'll ask about that during my appointment and I hope they'll test me for it... and I hope that it comes back clear :S

@sarah
I think up to 35 days is normal, so 36 would probably still be considered normal. 39 days and 7/8 weeks is more like me, so as odd as this might sound, it's really reassuring that you have had such long cycles as well, given that you're already a mummy ^^ thank you, this makes me feel just a little bit better today!

@polkadot
What did results of your blood test say? You should be getting those today, right? :)

Hate how we only have a few short days to conceive ever month!! Last month we didn't DTD over the ovulation time at all so I knew I had no tww and I was ok (not great) but ok with it as thought ok its one month I can live with it. But had this great plan to DTD every other day this ovulation week well as we go on holiday Sat poor hubby is swamped at work and has been working like 15 hour days and so has not really been up for it. I cant even be mad as he is shattered! We got one in Sunday but today is o and nothing since Sun and I really don't see DH being up for it tonight either. But the thought of another wasted cycle makes me want to cry!
The irony that we will be on holiday for 10 days after o is not lost on me! If only it had been a couple of days latter! AAAHHHH so frustrated today! :cry:

@HopefulB
It's frustrating, right? :( Even more frustrating when you're like me and you only have a few days every 2-3 months because your cycles are crazy ._. CD 42 for me today and still no ovulation, probably won't have one for a while again...
I share your frustration! :hugs: Waiting is hard, but missing your chance after waiting so long is even harder!

I've been focusing (or trying to...) on other things for now, like eating especially healthy and starting pregnancy-safe workouts and decluttering the house. Anything to keep me distracted - sometimes it helps :)

I'm sorry ladies :hugs: Hopefully O comes for you soon cookie, and hopefully even though you only get one chance in, it'll be enough Hopeful!

AFM: In the TWW, pretty sure I have strep. My temps are super high this cycle, but not hopeful at all. We accept our FET cycle in a couple of weeks here... just prepping for that. Taking NAC to try to help with implantation. It's also supposed to reduce miscarriage rate by 90%, and help balance out hormone levels. Just when I thought there wasn't anything new to try...

@abennion
thank you! your temps are crazy high, but if you think you're coming down with something, that could explain it. I guess it's a good thing that there are still things you haven't tried yet, right? :)
If you don't mind me asking, what are the chances like with FET cycles? What exactly is involved after the transfer, do you just have a normal TWW?

AFM: Have decided not to test this Saturday (as I had originally planned) since I clearly haven't ovulated this cycle ._. I will instead test on Saturday 24th July, as that is the last weekend before I finally see my doctor (Wed 28th). I really want to test this weekend but I know it's very unlikely my temping has just been bad, so I talked it over with hubby and he said not to. The later Saturday is a compromise so I can at least test once before I see the gynecologist - just in case!

Pretty sure. Either that or this sore throat is a good sign!

FETs have the same kind of TWW as everyone else, except they'll be transferring the embryo at 5 DPO (as I have two 5 day blasts frozen). DH likes to joke that he's already a dad to 5 day old embabies whenever I chastise him for cracking a 'dad joke'. Its adorable.

I'm probably going to take the week after transfer off of work, use up my remaining vacation days to provide as stress free of a chance as possible for our lo to attach and grow.

Your appointment is only 20 days away! So hoping they find something, and that it's an easy fix for your long cycles! I know holding off on testing is hard, but hang in there!

Ooh fingers crossed for this cycle Abe, hope you don't feel under the weather for long.

If you have to do the FET, how soon after should you test?

AFM, back in rainy England with all our gloomy current affairs. Already counting down the days until I go back to see my fertility doctor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->