Christmas does not have to be expensive wanted to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

toptrump

Reaction score
I can afford Christmas, but as I have mentioned before I love going to car boots, I get such a buzz finding something and up cycling things for Christmas, I do this every year and means that I can spend more money on the items they really want sometimes I even get things on my list!

I have set a challenge to buy the stocking fillers for pennies instead of pounds and think I have done well! This is all the things I have managed to get in two weeks. Every item is brand new sealed and no different condition from buying online or from a shop just a lot less money! I do have a load more items which I will try and get out but they are now stored away that I have bought earlier in the year. Hope you don't think this is bad I know if anyone knew what i did they probably would not be happy I wold definitely it mind someone doing this to me if they saved money (well as long as weren't second hand or grubby lol) well here we go I have also Put on what they cost me

Blue Teksta dog £20 (this was on my list for £50)!
Ted Baker ikon bag - £5
Joules organiser box - £5
Two pairs of Jeep thick socks -£1
Bomb cosmetics bath rocks - 20p gabby loves these
2 x small toiletries sets - 10p each
Owl and the pussy cat charm bracelet £1

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/warleighbubbles/Christmas%202014/imagejpg1_zps6c7801f0.jpg

Frustration board game all sealed - £2
Barbour lambs wool gloves -£2
Wellbeing kit - 20p
Large M&S vanity case filled with Royal Jelly - £4

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/warleighbubbles/Christmas%202014/imagejpg1_zps09481633.jpg

Large giggling Flufflings -£3 (this was n my list too)!
Large Nivea giftset -£2.50
24 pots of Plahdoh bumper pack - £2
4 pack of playdoh - £1.50

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/warleighbubbles/Christmas%202014/imagejpg1_zps4ad16282.jpg

Ralph Lauren holdall - £3
Ted Baker makeup bag - £1
Bomb cosmetics cupcake bath bombs -£1
Designer trowel and spade set -£4
Woods of Windsor rose perfume giftset - £2
Body Shop lip gloss set - £1

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/warleighbubbles/Christmas%202014/imagejpg1_zps31b1787b.jpg

Stocking fillers

Secret fairy lockable Christmas activity book - 50p
Soap and Glory towelling bath turban - 50p
Vodka bottles ice cube maker - 50p
Jingle bells angel ornament - 50p
Meerkats Impossapuzzle - 20p
Metal paddington suitcase with paddington bear inside - 50p
Woodstock TY key ring - 10p
ELC minster snap game - 10p
Magic wiggly worm - 20p
Desktop Aquarium - 20p
Hello kitty key ring pen - 20p
Mr bump worlds smallest jigsaw -20p
Little miss naughty worlds smallest jigsaw - 20p
Set of two scrunchies - 50p
2 x Dr Who slime with dr who body parts 20p each
2 x FCUK deodorant - 50p each

https://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j89/warleighbubbles/Christmas%202014/imagejpg1_zps65315efe.jpg

I hope this gives you an insight ino how you can do Christmas cheaper and have fun too knowing you can save money. Wold love to see your car boot/charity shops bargains if ou do the same :flower:

Hi I haven't actually started with my shopping yet but just wanted to say well done you.

That's amazing! And everything is practically brand new or untouched.

The closest I get to bargain prices from RRP is auctions online.

A new charity shop has opened up a just across from me, me and OH walked by earlier after taking DD to nursery had a peep in the window but doesn't seem to be stocking much in there other than wedding dresses and chairs. Carboots are out of question as neither of us drive atm either :(

Aww that sucks, I am just taking advantage of the good weather

Everything is 100% brand new all the sticky labels are stick in place or cellophane, I will not buy anything unless it is perfect the woods of Windsor still had the protective sheet on over the cellophane!

Amazing! I don't drive so most car boots are out of the question (they're usually miles away!), but I've looked it up and there's a huge indoor one not far from me in November :D deffo going now.

Yes you should, I rarely delve into the boxes on the floor but that is where most of the stocking fillers have come from, I just get such a buzz knowing I have found something that someone will love without breaking the bank :happydance:

We don't have many near us, and they aren't all that lol! You're always good at this though :) xx

toptrump where abouts are you? i'm in birmingham and the ones i go to are awful haha x

I'm always in the thrift shops and we go to a large flea market here quite regularly. I've been surprised with the things I've found for a really good price. Most of it new or very gently used too. Sure there's a lot of junk you have to weed through but those really good finds make it worth it imo. :)

I'm in Teesside, you do have to be there early(well they open at 8.30) but I find going with an open mind you can find things there are a lot that buy for eBay, I know I have been lucky :flower: hope it does not rain on Sunday, will see what treasures I find (watch there will be nothing lol)

I guess that's like our "garage sales" or "flea markets". I like both, but last year my brother got LO a toy from a flea market and it looked perfectly fine, but when I opened it there was like a squished prune or something in the back of the packaging. :xmas22: That made me very uncomfortable giving it to my 12 month old. I gave it to him anyway though and it's fine. I thought it was some strange random toy but I saw one in a regular shop recently so I feel better, haha!

I like to buy vintage things though, like glassware or old books.

Looks like you did well with your shopping!

ah i'd love to go to a car boot haha!
theres charity shops round here but i never seem to find much. my mam does i just can never be bothered to rake round especially with the kids tagging along.
saying that my oldest LOVES charity shops!

wow, toptrump you have picked up some fab bargains there!
I've picked up a few toys/books for christmas, love having a walk around the carboot
on a Saturday morning. x

Great stash TT! :)

I love carboots but there is none near me :(...And all the charity shops i go in nothing is ever new lol

xx

Wow well done!!
I actually done a car boot and sold similar brand new things. I very rarely use bath sets and after a few years I had about 20 boxes of toiletries that were untouched so I sold them all for about £3 each, hairdryer in its box for £5 and heaps of bath bombs etc.

I just wish I could find sellers that sold similar, there just always seems to be tat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"