• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Circumcision

Status
Not open for further replies.
But she did say "gross to me" I think that makes it okay because she's simply stating why she wont be doing it, not calling anyone else gross or barbaric.
Anyways i'm leaving this thread before i get involved in an argument i really didn't meant to be a part of! :flower:

There’s being rude and there’s sugar coating and tbh your being rude your opinion as in its not practised here I don’t agree with it are not going to annoy those who want it done, calling it barbaric and stating its a non offensive comment well that’s rude and offensive.

I thought it was common knowledge to be polite and to respect others decisions and no its not respectful to say a procedure which must still be common as a lot of women on here are getting done to their Los, is gross, barbaric or wrong.

But in Ireland it isnt. How can that offend you? And I didnt call it gross someone else did. I do think its barbaric and sorry if that offends you. You just have to get over it that some think thats what it is. Again you did ask for opinions. :dohh:

But she did say "gross to me" I think that makes it okay because she's simply stating why she wont be doing it, not calling anyone else gross or barbaric.
Anyways i'm leaving this thread before i get involved in an argument i really didn't meant to be a part of! :flower:

That’s no problem:)

I live in Ireland and I’m getting it done! my doctors as I found out this morning will do it within 10 days of LO being born it is private but I was assured it’s a common procedure here so thats not a fair statement and as for your opinions I think it’s just another case of why these threads get closed

I just stated I find it offensive and you don’t respect that so please do not continue this on this thread and if you have any further issues PM me or report to a mod.

I dont have any issues with anyone's opinion here you clearly have with mine. I am not arguing with you over your decision to do it just giving my opinion on WHY NOT as you put it in the original questions. So again sorry if you dont like it. End of story just another persons opinion you may not agree with.

I dont have any issues with anyone's opinion here you clearly have with mine. I am not arguing with you over your decision to do it just giving my opinion on WHY NOT as you put it in the original questions. So again sorry if you dont like it. End of story just another persons opinion you may not agree with.

Could you please stop twisting my words I clearly said I find YOUR opinions offencive and yes I do have an issue with them not your choice but your CHOICE of WORDS eg. barbaric!

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Its not necessary in my eyes and wrong ( I dont care who gets offended at me saying that it its my opinion). We do not have such practise here.

Can you please state your opinion without trying to cause offence thank you :flower: x

i didnt find it offensive she merely stated her opinion
tbh i think its unecessary and downright barbaric, cutting off a piece of your childs body is gross to me,i wouldnt cut their earlobes off because theyre not needed so why the penis?

Errm? wasnt the only one and not the first to say it. Now you need to calm down and except that . Your just sensitive by the looks of it and making a mountain out of this.

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

Its not necessary in my eyes and wrong ( I dont care who gets offended at me saying that it its my opinion). We do not have such practise here.

Can you please state your opinion without trying to cause offence thank you :flower: x

tbh i think its unecessary and downright barbaric, cutting off a piece of your childs body is gross to me,i wouldnt cut their earlobes off because theyre not needed so why the penis?

Errm? wasnt the only one and not the first to say it. Now you need to calm down and except that . Your just sensitive by the looks of it and making a mountain out of this.

And I said to that poster and to you and you politely it was word choice I didn’t agree with and that I found it offensive and others may also, but here you are continuing this!

BACK to the original post -

My OH is circumsized for a medical reason when he was an ickle baby and throughout his life he was lead to believe that 'it wasnt normal' and he did get teased, and some of these were girls that he had been with & for him it totally ruined his confidence - even when we first got together he even asked if it bothered me (?!?!?! of course it didn't and if I'm honest, I much prefer it!).

So he's said to me that if we have a boy, he would prefer for him not to be circumsized - but if it were for a medical reason then he of course he would consent to it.

I'm torn between all points on both sides of having/not having it done, but I don't have a penis, and my OH does, so I figured it is his decision.

Because I must defend my self just like you are, I have said sorry 3 times if you where offended theres nothing I can do about you taking offensive at my opinion which wasn't even directed at anyone just that I disagreed. Now if you think the post is that bad then report it but as for going around in circles I am not doing that any more. I aint wasting any more time on this subject with you. I feel you are clearly looking a row yet there shouldn't be one.

Guys you're totally off topic, I'm eager to hear other peoples views on this thread. Cant you just PM eachother and argue that way?

So far I havent found any posts offensive :shrug:

Oh lordy not this again :lol:

All i shall say is:
- I don't agree with it
- I would never force my son to do something he had no say in
- Boys are born with a foreskin, if it wasn't meant to be there, if it was healthier not to have it, or it 'prevented' certain things, it wouldn't be there
- I don't buy the 'he's so young he won't feel it/he'll forget it - he WILL be in pain at that moment, whether he remembers it or not.
- Not having a foreskin does not reduce the chance of HIV, and it isn't any cleaner than having a foreskin - just teach your son to wash properly and always wear a condom

She can Pm me if she wishes I have no probs with anyone in this thread or contributing to it any more.

BACK to the original post -

My OH is circumsized for a medical reason when he was an ickle baby and throughout his life he was lead to believe that 'it wasnt normal' and he did get teased, and some of these were girls that he had been with & for him it totally ruined his confidence - even when we first got together he even asked if it bothered me (?!?!?! of course it didn't and if I'm honest, I much prefer it!).

So he's said to me that if we have a boy, he would prefer for him not to be circumsized - but if it were for a medical reason then he of course he would consent to it.

I'm torn between all points on both sides of having/not having it done, but I don't have a penis, and my OH does, so I figured it is his decision.

I can’t believe people tease over circumcised or not it’s silly really and your poor OH I can see why he wouldn’t want to put his child through that. I think your decision in leaving it up to him was fair as I also left it up to OH but we both agreed and want it done anyway. xx

I don't want a row that’s why I don't want any posts that could be taken as offensive and I’m sorry if no one but me found it offensive I just didn't like what was said. I told the posters so and I accept the apologies, I know this is a controversial subject but I want no one to feel right/wrong for there personal choice.

Will you yes or no?

Certainly not!

Why or why not?

And I said to that poster and to you and you politely it was word choice I didn’t agree with and that I found it offensive and others may also, but here you are continuing this!

for petes sake i used the words I THINK and TO ME carefully in my post to illustrate this was my opinion and on an open forum i am entitled to use whichever words to illustrate my point that i wish to(i ovbviously didnt call anyone names nor did i use foul language), i may find some of your choices and words offensive to my opinion of circumcision but it isnt my right to question them. just as it isnt your right to question MY views

i dont think you posted this thread to get informnation on the subject for your own needs , reading back it seems you have a lot of information on it and in reality wanted to post a thread that would be inflammitory

Oh lordy not this again :lol:

All i shall say is:
- I don't agree with it
- I would never force my son to do something he had no say in
- Boys are born with a foreskin, if it wasn't meant to be there, if it was healthier not to have it, or it 'prevented' certain things, it wouldn't be there
- I don't buy the 'he's so young he won't feel it/he'll forget it - he WILL be in pain at that moment, whether he remembers it or not.
- Not having a foreskin does not reduce the chance of HIV, and it isn't any cleaner than having a foreskin - just teach your son to wash properly and always wear a condom

I take it there are a lot of these threads then lol xx

Absolutely no way, infact its not something that is even an option, as far as I was aware it was a jewish thing, I wasn't aware that people did this out of choice. Maybe its just not a thing thats done in the UK, because I've never heard of it being done and I dont really get why you would unless its a religious thing.

Sharp objects will be kept well away from my babies little dinkle!! :)

I can’t believe people tease over circumcised or not it’s silly really and your poor OH I can see why he wouldn’t want to put his child through that. I think your decision in leaving it up to him was fair as I also left it up to OH but we both agreed and want it done anyway. xx

Honey, kids tease over anything that is 'different' in another child - glasses, fat, skinny, hair colour, hand-me-downs, the 'wrong' label, sticky-out teeth, the list is endless. I've even heard of children being teased for having 2 parents that live together as in some areas that's not the norm thesedays.

Children are so cruel to each other sadly :(

Anyway, that's totally off topic lol, just trying to say if kids don't tease over one thing it's going to be another

My DS who is now 3 had it done at 3 days old, I did it bc my husband is and we have 2 friends that had to have it done when they were 20ish...horrible. So if this one is a boy I will def be having it done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->