Club OvaCue!

I pretty much lost my shit this morning when I woke up. I knew right away, as soon as I opened my eyes so I just shut them and went back to sleep for 2 hours. It was easier than having to get up and deal with reality. Then I had my crying fit all over DH and then put myself back together and am moving on.

i'm so sorry arein :hugs: i guess we will never know if it was a chemical or not, and probably better that way. ugh. i feel for you mama. well, you will be moving on to your 2nd month with ovacue and i get to move on to my first on thursday, so we can do this together girl!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to babyandbump. I was so excited to see that there is a thread for ladies using Ovacue. I placed my order a couple days ago for the new generation OC with vaginal sensor and it should be arriving sometime this week to correspond with the start of a new cycle.

DH and I have been TTC off and on for a little over a year. I had an early loss last Nov. and took a break until now. I had picked up a CBEFM right before I found out I was pg so that's been sitting in the drawer waiting to be used. I'm going to try it along with the OC to see if they match up ovulation time.

Hopefully we all get BFP soon!

I pretty much lost my shit this morning when I woke up. I knew right away, as soon as I opened my eyes so I just shut them and went back to sleep for 2 hours. It was easier than having to get up and deal with reality. Then I had my crying fit all over DH and then put myself back together and am moving on.

Aww hun I'm sooo sorry :hugs:

Arein-Oh no.......hun I'm so sorry that must be GUTwrenching. My af is bad enough when I think I'm pg let alone if I thought I had a + hpt-I can totally understand staying in bed and then crying-that is EXACTLY what I would do. I hope you really do get a bfp this cycle.

How did your first full ovacue cycle go? I am SERIOUSLY unhappy with mine right now. I can't figure out if it is supposed to be accurate this first month or take a month of "practice" runs before it knows my cycle (don't know what that would matter if it measures your hormones) but get this I'm on cd 12 of a 28 day (max) cycle and have only gotten "possibly" fertile since cd7 with n/a registered as a peak day and no ovulation confirmed. Although I have had EWCM since cd7 and yesterday my boobs started getting sore. If all my charting has been correct over the last 18 cycles I ov on cd11-13. What the crap?

Never-how long has dh been clean? I think that for the most part, the substance abuse is really only a problem while doing it and the 3-4 months it takes to "make" new good sperm. My DH was really upset b/c we have been trying so hard and my little brother, who is literally a heroin addict and one of the most unhealthiest people I've ever met has had THREE children accidentally so far while using massive substances and smoking 1-2 packs of cigs a day so you never know!!!!

Welcome Lauren-I'm interested to see how your experiement with the ovacue goes. I'm using mine with temping/charting and it does not seem to match up at all yet, I spent $376.00 so I'm really hoping that there is a reason it is being so goofy this month. Wouldn't it be really special if it is smack on and I really just ovulate really late and that's why I've always missed the egg? I don't think I am that poor of a charter though!
Also-I love the hair!

Well, hi to anyone else I missed!

Whit-fingers still crossed!!

Hi Everyone!

I am new to babyandbump. I was so excited to see that there is a thread for ladies using Ovacue. I placed my order a couple days ago for the new generation OC with vaginal sensor and it should be arriving sometime this week to correspond with the start of a new cycle.

DH and I have been TTC off and on for a little over a year. I had an early loss last Nov. and took a break until now. I had picked up a CBEFM right before I found out I was pg so that's been sitting in the drawer waiting to be used. I'm going to try it along with the OC to see if they match up ovulation time.

Hopefully we all get BFP soon!

Welcome to bnb and club ovacue!!! Sorry for your loss. :hugs:

Ooooh I can't wait to see how CBFM and Ovacue compare. :happydance:

Aww Titi! That is crappy about the Ovacue being weird. Im going to go googling about it!

aw great Whit-I've been too busy to really do much research-every time I google all I find is the zetek site. Can't wait to hear from someone who has actually used it at least 2 full cycles........

What is the Cue Peak?
The Cue Peak is a peak in the oral readings of either the OvaCue or Cue II that precedes ovulation by 5-7 days (depending on cycle length). The Cue Peak is marked by a high oral reading followed by two oral readings that are at least 10% lower, cumulatively. The Cue Peak signifies the onset of the ovulatory process and marks the beginning of the fertile window

Here is a link to a forum where the lady lists her readings trying to interpret the numbers..
https://www.babytalkzone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68164

Im going to keep looking to see if I can find more about if you need to use it more than one cycle to establish a 'pattern'

okay-great! Thanks! Going to check my numbers

Ive also ran across this.. but as they were using it for birth control I don't know if it applies as much. But its the same concept-- the ovulation day was supposedly wrong?

mamasun09-20-2006, 12:36 PM
Hello there...

Just thought I'd share our experience. A couple of years ago we were using the Ovacue, as well as checking CM as birth control. We were using both the machine which tests the enzymes in the saliva to determine fertility levels, and the vaginal insertion tool to confirm that ovulation has occurred. My relationship with my (now husband) was young, and while I knew I wanted to be a mom relatively soon in the grand scheme of the things, we wanted to give our relationship a chance to be our primary focus for a while before conceiving.

My experience was that the machine was unreliable...and ultimately led to giving me false results which resulted in conceiving our beautiful daughter 8 months into our relationship. We used the Ovacue for 4 months and then one month it told me when I ovulated which was day 15, we waited until day 18 to make love, at which point the machine (as well as my CM) said my ovulation had completed, and we conceived her that night...The next day I had what seemed to be fertile mucus again....but the machine still said I was past ovulating.

It's hard to regret anything or even see it as a mistake, 18 months into this incredible journey of being her parents! And the truth is I was absolutely thrilled to discover I was pregnant....so perhaps my secret wish to be pregnant affected the machine's reliability. (The experience was definitely more ambivalent for DH, and actually has had long-terms effects on our sexual relationship, and his process of grief around conceiving before he felt ready, in spite of his profound love for our daughter.) Ultimately for us it all worked out great and we are a very happy family in love.

I do NOT however recommend relying on the Ovacue for fertility awareness.
I hope this helps!

By the way, I am still confused about birth control. There just doesn't seem to be a good choice without either risk or negative consequences!

Blessings,

Edit--

And this:

I bought an Ovacue in April. I used it for one cycle and it told me my optimal fertile day was day 14. I was doing artificial insemination at home, and we only inseminated one time on day 14. I am now 19 weeks pregnant. I am a true Ovacue believer after this experience. If I can help in any way let me know. The folks at Zetek are amazingly helpful over email and the phone so I wouldn't hesitate to contact them if you hvae any questions.

Good luck!

So maybe you could contact the company for help? Maybe it would be a good idea.

https://www.in-gender.com/cs/forums/t/49488.aspx

That is the most helpful thing Ive found yet, and it clarifies everything about peak and what that translates into for O days.. its a forum so Im sure you could ask questions too.

I have WAY too much time on my hands! LOL

hi lauren! welcome to club ovacue :hi: i'm originally from AR :) i love your hair too! FX'ed you get a :bfp: soon. DH and I have been trying off and on for about a year as well.

off to the range ladies to shoot the M203. might be back tonight, might not. have a good day!

Yay I got my Ovacue today! :happydance: With a cute pink baggy :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->