Club OvaCue!

Sorry for the double post-I was experimenting trying to put my chart in and can't delete the second one.

Well Whit-I FINALLY got my cue peak this morning! CD13 today and it has predicted high for me today through cd16 with cd15 being PEAK fertility day.

Here is the thing-ladies that are familar with charting-I posted my chart below, please tell me what you think. OPK, CM and temps seem to indicate cd12 (yesterday!!!!!) as ov day. I would highly surprised if I am still fertile since my bbs got sore the evening of cd11, my temp has risen this morning, and my cm has now turned to creamy. Not sure when that happened. It is creamy this morning and was still ew last night, BUT, I BD'd in the am and kept a softcup in until about 8pm and checked a few hours later before bed-it could have been cm or could still have been DH's.

Anyhow I am interested to see if the vaginal sensor ever contradicts the O sensor or if it will confirm O results. I used it last night and had the lowest reading ever (down from 200s to very low number) but nothing. I will probably try again this morning instead of waiting. I always have a 26-28 day cycle which I have always assumed varied whether I OV'd on cd11 or Cd13-if I am really OVing on cd15 then I would be stuck with a short luteal phase.

Think I will wait a day or two and I guess start BDing again based on monitor. I highly doubt it is accurate but on the one side, I have been trying/18 months and never got a single bfp using opks, charting/temping and that is why I bought the monitor-in hopes I was wrong about my predicted ov date being approximately cd12......................................

Thanks Whit for all the research. I'm so glad you have time on your hands b/c I haven't had a spare last few days and so curious!!!!

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2010-05-11

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/chartgraph_module.php?d=2010-05-11

Hey titi when I look at the picture of your chart it shows my chart?? Weird?

Whit-I'm going to copy & paste that last link you sent here because that info was SO HELPFUL! Finally we all know what those numbers mean (now whether or not it is reliable is another story yet to find out here)-

Ovacue / Cue II Basics – Almost Everything You Need To Know
Okay ladies I have come up with a section for all of the Cue II / Ovacue users out there! Some of this information is pulled directly from their website but most of the information is based from our experience using these monitors. For swaying purposes you need to purchase the Cue II. We recommend this because the Ovacue can confuse most girls and it is easier to use. Please note that the Cue II and the Ovacue do the same thing the Ovacue just does the work for you. IT IS ALSO A MUST THAT YOU PURCHASE THE VAGINAL SENSOR. This sensor is what confirms that you have ovulated or are currently ovulating.

How the monitor works. (From www.zetek.net)
Zetek discovered and patented the Electrolyte Method™ for predicting ovulation. In studies overseen by the National Institutes of Health, Cue products using the Electrolyte Method have been shown to predict ovulation with 98% accuracy.Learn more about the OvaCue Fertility Monitor. Throughout your monthly cycle, your body retains or discards varying amounts of minerals like sodium and potassium (electrolytes). The OvaCue® Fertility Monitor tracks the changes in these electrolytes in your saliva over time and processes this information to precisely define your time of peak fertility. About a week before ovulation, a high point in the salivary readings of electrolytes is reached, corresponding to the release of the dominant follicle (ovum) and the Cue Peak measured by the OvaCue. This is what allows the OvaCue to provide an accurate prediction of ovulation several days in advance. A few days after the Cue Peak, the luteinizing hormone (LH) in the blood increases and then decreases very sharply over a period of 24 hours (the LH surge). As LH reaches its peak in the blood, there is a definite change in the reproductive tract. Mucus secretion increases, and the electrolyte content of the mucus changes. Measured by the Cue vaginal sensor, this drop and subsequent rise in electrolyte readings gives positive confirmation of ovulation and marks the end of your fertile window.

How to use the Oral Sensor
I won’t go into great detail here but here are a few tips on how to use the sensor:
You must start using the sensor by Day 2 of your cycle
You MUST TAKE YOUR READING EVERYDAY with a 2 hour variance!! So if you wake up at 7:00am usually but you wake up at 9:00am one day it is okay to do you reading then. As long as it is in the 2 hour window but no more than 30 minutes after waking.
Try not to vary your salt intake too much. If you are on the girl/boy diet and consume a lot/little of salt just make sure you stay consistent. Consistency is the most important so if you normally eat a lot of salt keep it that way and vice versa.
You should not eat, drink or smoke before you use the oral sensor. This will mess up your reading for the day and therefore it will not be an accurate reading.
You must take your reading within 30 minutes of waking up. If you do not wake up at the same time everyday I recommend setting an alarm and take your reading and then go back to sleep. This will keep everything consistent thus making it easier to interpret your readings.
I want to repeat that YOU MUST TAKE YOUR READINGS EVERYDAY!!
DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN ONE READING PER DAY
How to use the Vaginal Sensor
Here are some tips for the vaginal sensor!! And a little info about it from zetek.net.The OvaCue Vaginal Sensor measures electrolyte changes in vaginal mucus, just as the oral sensor measures electrolytes in saliva. With these measurements, it confirms your LH surge, which usually happens the day before ovulation and marks the change from estrogen to progesterone dominance, indicating ovulation has occurred. While the vaginal sensor is not required for predicting ovulation, most of our customers elect to purchase one. If you are uncertain about whether you are ovulating, the vaginal sensor will give you a clear answer. It also gives you the added confidence that the OvaCue is indeed predicting your date of ovulation accurately. Finally, by confirming ovulation it clearly marks the end of your fertile period (when you can no longer get pregnant).
YOU MUST TAKE YOUR READINGS EVERYDAY within 2 hours of your normal time starting with the first day of no blood from AF. So if you normally take your reading at 7:00pm then you can take it anywhere from lets say 7-9pm.
The vaginal reading must be taken any time after you have been awake and walking around for ATLEAST 2 hours. The reason for this is so that your cervical mucous has time to come down into the vj to be accurately measured.
A tip that I have found helpful when inserting the vaginal sensor is to insert it all the way until you reach your cervix, pull back SLIGHTLY and pull the end of the wand up slightly. I also will sometimes just twirl it around in there in a circle motion so I make sure I get the CM on the sensor.
Replens, Refresh, and douches do not affect the reading as long as they are done 8 hours prior to using the sensor.
You should wait to use the sensor until AT LEAST 8 hours after you BD. This way the semen does not affect the reading.
DO NOT TAKE MORE THAN ONE READING PER DAY
What to look for in these readings.The readings can be confusing but after you get the hang of it this is one of the easiest monitors to use. The first thing that you are going to look for is a Cue Peak. The Cue Peak is the beginning of the ovulation process in started selecting a follicle. As a general rule of thumb you can expect to ovulated anywhere from 5-7 days after your last Cue Peak. If you have longer cycle you may get more than one Cue Peak in a cycle so you should go by the last Cue Peak to determine O Day. A Cue Peak will be a high oral reading followed by 2 days of lower readings. The 1st and 2nd readings just needs to be lower than the high Cue Peak reading 2 day prior. Here is a guide that you can use as well to estimate when you will O...

When your cue peak is on day 2-3………you will O on day 12
When your cue peak is on day 4-5.........you will O on day 13
When your cue peak is on day 6-7.........you will O on day 14
When your cue peak is on day 8-9.........you will O on day 15
When your cue peak is on day 10-11.....you will O on day 16
When your cue peak is on day 12-13 ....you will O on day 17
When your cue peak is on day 14-15 ....you will O on day 18

Once you have a Cue Peak you will start to look for your Vaginal Low. This is a number that will be one of the lowest numbers that you have had all month. Some girls will get low numbers early on and they will begin to rise and then fall again. This low number indicates that you will O 1 to 2 days later. This can vary from girl to girl so you need to figure out YOUR pattern. After that vaginal low reading your number will spike back up as indicating the Vaginal Rise or a high reading. This high reading should be close to any high reading that you have had in your cycle. For example 105 to 243 indicates a spike and that you are currently O’ing or will O later that day or the following day again depending on your pattern.

Sample Readings
Cycle Day Oral Vaginal
1 133 n/a
2 148 n/a
3 117 n/a
4 86 n/a
5 126 273
6 113 310
7 136 259
8 108 256
9 116 316
10 124 238
11 114 262
12 106 255
13 115 201
14 128 314
15 119 297

As you can see there is a Cue Peak on CD2 and CD7 so I can assume that this person is going to O on Day 14. With the vaginal sensor this is confirmed with a vaginal low on Day 13 with a large spike on CD14. Hopefully this will help everyone understand what is going on with their readings and their cycle. This monitor is very accurate and I trust it over all other monitors when used properly. If you would like to pinpoint O then I would suggest using all the methods that you can to detect O. All signs, symptom, and readings need to line up for it to be a true O. If you get a vaginal rise reading and you don’t have O symptoms most likely it is a fake surge and you need to watch closely for the real deal. If you have any questions please post or you can send a PM to jojogirl or Michaela and we should be able to help you out. HOWEVER WHEN IN DOUBT ALWAYS CONTACT ZETEK!!!

Hey titi when I look at the picture of your chart it shows my chart?? Weird?

That is bizzare! I've never posted it before so dunno. huh. Can you click on my hearts to see my chart?

No I can't click on the hearts :( to see your chart you can go to home page set up on fertility friend and then go to preview it shows your chart url.

Okay it's updated, sorry I forgot I'd taken out link.

Hey girls!! Just wanted to pop in and say hi!!! I hope that you are all doing well!!!
Arein- I am so sorry about AF. I am sending you loads of baby dust for this cycle!
Nevertogether- I am so totally counting the days down for you!! lol I know June is going to be your month!!
Whit- still no AF? Have you tested today?
Well I just want to send baby dust to all of you!!

titi - that is a lot of very good information, thank you for posting it. you too whit! i'm not a great chart reader titi, by all means, lol. if you did O on CD15 and have a 26-28 day cycle then that doesn't give you too short of a luteal phase. short yes, but not bad. i have done research on that a bit and anything below 10 is what is considered bad. as for the chart, FF hasn't given you cross hairs yet. have you put temps in and stuff to confirm it? my first cycle using ovacue should be this week or this weekend, i'm due on thursday. hopefully then i can put in more insight. :shrug:

That is weird. I was like, how did she get my chart? :haha:
You're welcome Titi, I had a feeling I'd be needing the info too.. especially as we are all still so new at this we're just getting to use them. Tomorrow I get to take my first reading! (af came) yay. I think it was the b-50 complex, but at least I got 13 days out of my luteal phase!

Titi Im so glad it's finally working out! and all that info is going to be something we are all going to be referencing you can bet on.. :)

titi - that is a lot of very good information, thank you for posting it. you too whit! i'm not a great chart reader titi, by all means, lol. if you did O on CD15 and have a 26-28 day cycle then that doesn't give you too short of a luteal phase. short yes, but not bad. i have done research on that a bit and anything below 10 is what is considered bad. as for the chart, FF hasn't given you cross hairs yet. have you put temps in and stuff to confirm it? my first cycle using ovacue should be this week or this weekend, i'm due on thursday. hopefully then i can put in more insight. :shrug:

don't thank me-Whit did all the work.

I don't have cross hairs yet-ff waits for three consecutive temp rises before that and I have only gotten one. I don't like to play around with the data because it's really just speculation. Just weird because my cm is definitely creamy now and my bbs already sore. But I never did feel ov pain this cycle. I actually REALLY REALLY hope I haven't ov'ed and it was wrong. Believe me I'll feel like THE BIGGEST doofest ever but at least we could be hopeful for a bfp soon if that was the case b/c believe me-with thinking I ov about cd12 we usually bd around cd7-cd13 the last 18 cycles. NEVER ever have we BD'd after that-we are usually wore out.

Gosh Whit I'm sorry about AF-that must suck after getting your hopes up.-but good news about the lp!

Now we can pair up in here, lol! You & Arein and me & Moocha v. similar this cycle.

it would be crazy if you were wrong all this time titi and then you get a :bfp:!

HAHA! That would be really crazy. Don't feel bad if you have been 'off'! Thats why you invested in the OvaCue!!

I am excited already about this cycle--and Never isgetting ready to start using hers too! It's going to be interesting to say the least!

i can't wait! i received it like CD9 this cycle so i just missed using it. so i've had to wait FOREVER, hehe

:haha:
I know you've had it forever you poor thing! I cant wait either. I hope the thing doesnt piss me off though! Hopefully we can all figure it out together :haha:

i know right, lol, i do remember titi saying something about throwing it out the window haha. i hope it acts right or else i might be tempted to do the same thing. arein has used it one cycle so maybe she can school us. hope she is doing okay, ugh. i felt this :bfp: for her :(

I know I was so excited, too. Hopefully it happens this cycle!
Never I cant wait to fuss over you after you DTD! LOL

haha i know i think it's my turn soon. all of you are going to be saying, ohhh never this is your cycle girl! and oh how i hope hope hope it is. we might have a shot the end of the year, if no :bfp:, but i'm not even thinking about it. going all out for my :bfp: i told DH i had 6 soft cups one for each day i'm going to be in hohenfels to see him and he said, well you're going to need more than that! don't think he's going to give me much of a break. i know we probably need to take time to let the spermies build up, but i doubt that DH will have that i have about 1% of a chance convincing him to do that.

How many of us are CD 1, 2 or 3? DH and I have decided to back off of a lot of our TTC stuff. We're basically going back to NTNP until I have my appt in July. I'm still using my OvaCue though! But that is the only way I'm going to track my cycle. I'm going to see about buying a vag sensor and ditch the temping.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->