Club OvaCue!

ARein-
I just have lows on my chart b/c I don't think the cue peak is what they mean by "peak" fertility on FF. I don't know about your ovacue but mine you don't have to guess based on your cue peak-it tells you your peak fertility day. I have cd 15 flagged on the ovacue as peak fertility so that is the day I will put "peak" into ff.

We'll see what happens! I am actually really hoping its right and I've been wrong, as that would hopefully mean no more medical intervention!

Emily I agree about older & wiser. My DH is the world's best husband (IMO, lol!) but is 36 years old and it took us 10 years to get here. When we were first dating he had a LONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG way to go!

just experiencing ov twinges at this moment-hmmmmmmm.........I'm so confused!

Anyone know if you are more likely to ovulate in am or pm?

You're more likely to O in the am. I understand what you mean now, you have the newest version of OvaCue. I bought the classic so I don't get to see ahead of time

They say the older one is better!!! Especially for people who are not regular, a part of my hopes I got the right one.

Sorry girls I haven't had the chance to read back I hope you're all ok. Big :hugs: to you all.

Whit - Sorry the witch got you :hugs: but today you get to use the Ovacue for the first time yeah???? How exciting. xoxox

Titi - I can't wait to see what your chart does. :flower:

You're more likely to O in the am. I understand what you mean now, you have the newest version of OvaCue. I bought the classic so I don't get to see ahead of time

Thanks AreIn-that helps a LOT. Whit says it takes 14 hours for the spermies to get up in the fallopian tubes and I know the egg really only lasts about 12 hours, so I feel like it is crucial to not only know what cycle day you ov now but preferably am or pm. Compounded when DH has low motility and then if you need to bd every other day for that you REALLY have to have it down!

I reallyhave to say, I don't think I was wrong. I really feel like I have OV'd.

Whit- I think we're cycle buddies this month, AF started today for me too. I'm happy about mine, it's right on schedule. :happydance: Tomorrow I will start with my ovacue!

Arein- you're hubby sounds so sweet! mines slowly starting to get that I sometimes just need to cry, he usually gets mad when I do.

Yay for cycle buddies! It's going to be interesting I think we will all finally be using the ovacue now. :haha:

They say the older one is better!!! Especially for people who are not regular, a part of my hopes I got the right one.

Sorry girls I haven't had the chance to read back I hope you're all ok. Big :hugs: to you all.

Whit - Sorry the witch got you :hugs: but today you get to use the Ovacue for the first time yeah???? How exciting. xoxox

Titi - I can't wait to see what your chart does. :flower:

Thanks hun! Ive gotten used to the idea of another cycle. Happy I go to the doc in a week! I didnt get to use the Ovacue yet, as I had already drank some tea when af showed.. so in the morning I get to try it!

Thanks AreIn-that helps a LOT. Whit says it takes 14 hours for the spermies to get up in the fallopian tubes and I know the egg really only lasts about 12 hours, so I feel like it is crucial to not only know what cycle day you ov now but preferably am or pm. Compounded when DH has low motility and then if you need to bd every other day for that you REALLY have to have it down!

I reallyhave to say, I don't think I was wrong. I really feel like I have OV'd.

Hope you catch the eggy! I'd say you know your body best in the end. These little gadgets are just giving us clues!

Arein and Titi- I'm looking forward to the ten year mark then, lol. There's still a lot of adjusting, I know that. We were only together 5 months before getting married, but we're actually getting more and more happy with each other as we learn to work through our problems in a way that works for both of us.

I'm excited to see more people using the ovacues as well, now we'll really get some comparisons going!

good morning ladies :welcome: why you guys were chatterboxes when i went to sleep, hehe. i think i'm the only one in a different time zone. it's 6am here!

well, my af is due friday since i ov'ed a day later than last cycle. everything should be on schedule hopefully and then i can begin using my ovacue! we're all either right on or about a week from each other as for as cycle goes. except for titi, she's running ahead of us, hehe.

titi - ov pains are very good! i'm sure ovacue just needs to get used to your cycles before it can better pin point, like arein said, FF is the same way as well. fx'ed it goes better for you hun and you and DH catch that egg this month! gl for your :bfp: mami! i forgot to answer when you asked before. DH has been drug clean since july of last year and alcohol free since february (beginning of) this year. so our visit in june is perfect timing :)

whit & emilyjean - woo hoo you get to use your ovacue today :happydance:

i definitely agree with all of you about the growing up. my husband just decided to do that this year. even with a 4 & 2 year old, he failed to grow up. i think since he didn't have custody, he really wasn't ever forced to but one weekend a month. now that he's military and has to be certain places and certain times with huge consequences if he's not, he's realizing that life is more than just a game. he also realizes, hey, if i don't grow up this woman might not put up with me anymore, hehe. all his friends were very huge players and when he got married, they all asked why, and he said i found a girl that can keep up with me and put up with me, so i had to marry her. needless to say, all his friends now have kids and got married too. it's like they needed one guy to fall off the deep end until they did too, lol.

well there is my long post, hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Yay for using the ovacue today! I really need to go to bed but Im so anxious!!

well judging by my chart I am Most postive I was not wrong before and this cycle I have ov'd on cd11 or 12-not going to be cd15 as ovacue predicts. I don't see why it should need to "get used to my cycle" tho. The manufacturer, for example says that the vag sensor can confirm ov by measuring the levels of progesterone to estrogen. But it isn't confirming ov........so basically niether the tongue nor the vag sensor seem to be working.

Never-I think that your DH should probably be just fine now, sperm wise, lol!

& Emily-your dh is is in mid twenties? My husband was stubborn and frankly clueless until about 32. But we went to couples counseling then. He was against it but I told him it wasn't debatable-as he couldn't communicate or grow up. We got along great so he couldn't understand why it was a big deal. He thought it was stupid the first month or two we went but then something clicked and we BOTH learned so much. We went for YEARS. It helped so much my dh always recommends it now to his guy friends if they gripe about anything. Now it is like my husband could write a self help book for relationships!

titi- The sperm reach the fallopian tubes in a matter of mintues but have to go through a process known as sperm capacitation. Freshly ejaculated sperm aren't able to fertilize because they have a covering on them that protects them while moving through the male tract. The membrane that surrounds them has to be destablized in order for them to penetrate the egg. This takes a few hours, up to 12 I think.

Titi- I've suggested counseling to him, because we have a difficult time resolving arguements sometimes, it would help us communicate better. Usually, when we fight, he gets angry at me and I cry, neither works for the other, haha.

My oral reading was 162 this morning! And not fertile on CD2, haha.

Oh, and pre-seed users, if there are any, how often do you use it? I've only been using it right around ovulation time, as OH doesn't really like it because of how 'slippery' I get (TMI, I know, lol). And how much do you use? I REALLY want it this month, because my due date would be on Valentines day, four days after my birthday as well, what I good present!

DH and I had talked about counseling at one point. He used to have a wandering eye...and hands...We had been married for 5 weeks when I found very graphic and sexual IM conversations on the computer (he didn't know I could save them) with a couple of different girls. Of course, this wasn't the first time. He'd repeatedly cheated while we were dating and engaged the first time. We had broken up several times. The first time we lived together, it was only for 5 weeks (something about 5....) because he kept texting this girl and right in front of me and wouldn't stop. She called one day while we were sitting on the couch, I picked up the phone and told her to stop calling. She screamed at me "Let me talk to Luke, you dumb bitch" blah, blah, blah and he just sat there. That broke that straw and I moved back in with my parents 2 days later. We weren't even dating when I got pregnant with our daughter, just sleeping together.
2 years ago, after a year of marriage and the IM conversations and nothing changing, I really had had enough. I moved out of our house we had bought together and bought my own. I left him in the dust. We stayed that way for 6 months. No contact except for passing the kid back and forth (which was awful).
Long story shorter, it all worked out. We went through a lot to get where we are. You bet I still check up on him but it took me really walking away and making my own life for him to grow up.

My reading was 242. :shrug:

Wow Arein you two have been through A LOT. Sounds like you have a keeper. It's nice that all your DH's are willing to go through counseling to work things out.

Thought I was having another light period like last cycle until this morning. TMI*- There's blood everywhere now! I keep reading that clots are not a good sign? But I have a lot of those too, and normally do. Well hopefully this heaviness is a good thing.

wow, nice to know i'm not the only one with a later maturing DH, haha. mine got arrested for drugs last year. i had always known he did drugs when we weren't dating and even when we were, but after marriage i guess i expected a change. then in december i found out that he was messaging a girl not cool things back and forth on facebook. confronted that, went through a lot to forgive him. then in february he found out that back in june of last year he had failed an army drug test so they sent him to rehab. i also found out he had been doing drugs for like two weeks of that year before. he's AA & NA graduate now and doesn't have a facebook anymore, to say the least, lol. i think all of it really has made us a lot closer and stronger. it forced us to communicate, being so far apart and going through it all, so now we have no problems at all. it's hard going through trust issues and then being a million miles away.

DH and i never had a conventional relationship. we knew each other about a year, dated off and on, but never fully put ourselves into it. we dated other people and did our own things. we went about 5 months in 2008 where we didn't talk at all. we couldn't even be around each other, because we were very emotional about how we felt about each other - but knew we weren't in the points of our bar hopping, crazy party lives, to be in a relationship. well, in sept of 2008, DH shipped to basic and oct of 2008 i shipped to basic. he wrote me a letter proposing to me in nov of 2008 and we married in december of 2008 and haven't looked back since then :)

so there's my story!

very comforting to know i'm not the only one ladies! :hugs:

Thats so sweet. Like a fairytale haha
Sometimes I wish DH were that emotional about me! hehe

Arein- Wow, good for you being able to walk away when it was neccesary. I don't think I'm that strong. But it's WONDERFUL that it worked out like it did!
Never- That's an awesome story! I love military romances, they're always so sweet.
Whit- Do you have PCOS? I always have issues with clots and heavy periods. Since I started clomid they got shorter, but usually stay pretty clotty and heavy. It's nasty, lol. I don't think the clots are a problem though, at least my doc told me that it was normal.

No I don't have PCOS. Maybe I should stop reading things off the internet though. :haha:

Oh emily, I use preseed. But I got it after my fertile days last cycle. I use it topically as a lube because its wonderful! Everything Ive heard says the prefilled ones are too much so they use less. I dont have a problem with lube during sex at all so this cycle Im going to put some in a softcup and pop it in after BD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->