• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Club OvaCue!

i like it! wasn't sure if that was the name though. LOL. kinda wanted to think of something cooler, but couldn't think of anything cool. any ideas?

Hi Girls-
I decided if we don't get pg this cycle (cycle 17) that I am going to also buy this for next cycle. My DH has been against a fertility monitor b/c of the cost and he reckons we are "experts" now with bbt, opk, cm/cp checking, etc. But, If you figure how much I spend on opks each month ($20+usd) alone, x 17 cycles that more than pays for the cost.

hey titi! i had the same reason. i haven't opk'ed enough to really say that i've spent A LOT on opk's but it just made more sense to me to buy this as opposed to all the test. since DH and i aren't in the same country right now and make our own paychecks..i didn't have to consult hehe :) we're waiting on arein to let us know how it works for her and crazy and i are waiting on ours in the mail...i (as i'm sure they will cause they are super nice) will be happy to let you know how they work! :)

here's some reading for anyone interested in ovacue.

https://www.ovacue.com
yes, it is expensive! however ovacue offers a "rent to own" option with their earlier models. and think about how much you spend on opk's! no more sticks like with CBFM!
Know your body

The newest OvaCue Fertility Monitor represents a major advance for women looking to identify their complete fertile window. OvaCue works by measuring your electrolyte levels which change in concert with your ovulatory cycle. Now, with one simple handheld device, you can accurately measure your unique hormonal changes and visually track your cycle with an interactive calendar.

Safe & reliable

Zetek has been manufacturing and selling FDA approved fertility monitors for over 20 years. We have helped thousands of couples conceive. We provide personalized customer support—if needed, we'll track your cycles with you.
Easy to use

OvaCue calendar displaySimply place a spoon-sized sensor on your tongue for five seconds each morning and the OvaCue will automatically record your fertility for the day. The OvaCue tracks the readings in memory and indicates your most fertile days graphically on a calendar.
Accurate

Zetek’s Electrolyte Method™ has been proven to be 98.3% accurate at monitoring ovulation in numerous studies, including those sponsored by the National Institutes of Health and published in peer-reviewed journal articles.
Convenient

The OvaCue requires no urine sampling and can be used for many years with no additional purchases required. The OvaCue comes complete with the base unit, sealed oral sensor, carrying case, owner’s manual, battery and a free pregnancy test.

Sperm must be waiting when the egg is released, as intercourse timed in advance of ovulation is the only way you can conceive a baby. However, advance notice is only half of what you need to plan intercourse. Since the window for successful fertilization can be as short as a day or less, you also need accurate prediction as the time of ovulation draws close. Some fertility monitors give lengthy notice, but also give “false positives” eight or more days in advance and may continue giving false positives even after ovulation has occurred.

Which fertility monitor best identifies your days of peak fertility?

https://1.1.1.4/bmi/www.zetek.net/images/method-comparison08.gif

Since you cannot conceive after you have ovulated, successfully timing conception depends on the accuracy of your fertility monitor. Only the OvaCue Fertility Monitor gives you sufficient notice and marks your complete fertile window (with use of the optional vaginal sensor) with virtually no false positive readings—98.3% accurate in NIH-supported testing.

Using the OvaCue

Using the OvaCue is simple. Starting on day two of your cycle, just put the spoon-sized sensor on your tongue for three seconds first thing each morning. The OvaCue takes your electrolyte reading and automatically computes:

* Your current cycle day
* Fertility status for today (darker colors equal higher fertility)
* Peak fertility days (your best chance to conceive)
* When ovulation occurred (with optional vaginal sensor)
* Start and end of fertile window (when you can conceive)

The OvaCue tracks your readings in memory and indicates your most fertile period, beginning five to seven days before ovulation until ovulation occurs.
Interpreting the your personal Ovulation Calendar

OvaCue’s reliability takes the guesswork and the stress out of identifying your most fertile time. You can plan your activities well in advance for the best chance of conception.

The OvaCue tracks your hormonal changes and maintains a record for four months running. You can review your readings or add new readings with a simple touch of a button. You can also download the information to a Windows computer and use the OvaGraph software to track your cycles over your entire fertile lifetime.

If you want to confirm the time of your ovulation every month and mark the end of your fertile window, you will want to use the optional vaginal sensor.

Couples who are ready to be pregnant should plan for intercourse the day OvaCue defines as your most fertile day. Remember, you must have intercourse before ovulation to conceive. If your menstrual period does not begin within two or three weeks, a pregnancy test may be in order.

Compare fertility monitors:
https://www.zetek.net/compare_fertility_monitors.htm

Hope this helps!

I just talked to DH and he is for it! Yay! He agrees that if it keeps taking us this long it could save $$ in long run and plus we can use it for other pregnancies and also forever if we actually at some point find ourselves NOT wanting to conceive (as we are Catholic-bc is out).

OK..... you will never believe this!! So I ended up doing a HPT last night....faint positive!!! So I did a digital today and it said pregnant!! I just spent all that money.... lol!!! oh well!!! Hopefully this sticks!! I am beside myself because I didn't even think I had ovulated!!!!

Crazy 84-That's incredible!! Great news! Well worth the money spent, lol!

No seriously-I am planning to purchase one. Maybe if you don't want to keep yours we can work something out!

Congrats again!!!!

Crazy 84-That's incredible!! Great news! Well worth the money spent, lol!

No seriously-I am planning to purchase one. Maybe if you don't want to keep yours we can work something out!

Congrats again!!!!

LOL, I haven't even gotten it in the mail yet!! Isn't that crazy!! I am going to wait a few weeks and make sure I am good to go. And then I have several ovulation tests that I just bought, a tube of preseed that I just got in the mail, and I am waiting on a book called Taking Control of Your Fertility that I might get rid of!! I am going to wait just to be sure though!! I really am in shock!! Like I said I didn't even think I had ovulated.... I was pretty sure that Af was going to show any day! I am excited, but still cautious! Good Luck to you all!! PLease keep me updated, and I will do the same!

hey crazy - everything still good and getting that + HPT??? i'm so excited for you!! titi- you ordered the ovacue yet? arein must be busy BD'ing :sex: since ovacue told her shes possibly fertile. hehe :)

no-saving up for ovacue. Either next cycle or one after : )

OK..... you will never believe this!! So I ended up doing a HPT last night....faint positive!!! So I did a digital today and it said pregnant!! I just spent all that money.... lol!!! oh well!!! Hopefully this sticks!! I am beside myself because I didn't even think I had ovulated!!!!

Congrats! Isn't it typical that you spend loads of money on ttc stuff that you dont need!! xxxx

i bought the ovacue but i guarentee you that it is not worth the money. it gave me a date that i would b ovulating on but later i find out i ovulated 3 days later!! n u have 2 b very consistant and take ur readings every morning b4 u do nething. if ur ne thin like me.....not a morning person.....forgetful....stuff like that, then ur not gunna have much luck with it. i wud rather just stick to the old fashion ways of knowing wen i ovulate. Thats just my opinion

hey hoping! thanks for the opinions. i will see if that is a problem for me too. i already temp though so it shouldn't be hard to keep up. i have to work the same time everyday, 0630 so it shouldn't be too hard for me. we will see!

hey crazy - everything still good and getting that + HPT??? i'm so excited for you!! titi- you ordered the ovacue yet? arein must be busy BD'ing :sex: since ovacue told her shes possibly fertile. hehe :)

Hey.... I am still getting positives!! I am still totally shocked!! lol, but way excited!! I tested everytime with afternoon pee.... sorry if that was TMI..lol, so now I am just wondering when I might have concieved! I am going to wait a couple of weeks to go to the doctor though!! Have you gotten your OvaCue in yet?? I need to go to the post office to see if mine is here yet! Lol lots of baby dust to you guys!

Sorry girls. I had such a crazy weekend, DD's birthday party and a bachelorette party and school work. I had absolutely no time to myself! I'm going to try to get caught up on all of these posts today.

OvaCue gave me a high fertility on Friday. I'm still following SMEP with it so we got our CD 12 BD in last night. Hoping for my 7 bars in the next few days!

So I see we lost Crazy but for a very good reason. That's awesome Crazy!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->