• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Club OvaCue!

hey girly! i'm a little confused. are you liking the ovacue or no? i'm probably going to be a bit skeptical with it as well, but just wanted to see if you still liked it as much as before. hoping it has been right on your days so you get that :bfp: this month girl!

Wow this interesting, i have found something new to obsess about. Its pretty expensive though. This is the first month I am going to try OPks, I am temping for the first month and I have bought some preseed. Think I will try that first but it does sound pretty good. I will view this thread with interest and look for your results.

hey goddess! this is my second month temping, but my first using OPK's as well. i can't wait to get my ovacue and see the difference between the OPK's and the ovacue. it is expensive, but in the long run, the OPK's are way more expensive. waiting eagerly to see what arein thinks about it :)

I do like it, I really do. It's easy to use and yep, cheaper in the long run. But if you compare my temps to what my monitor says, they don't match up and that's why I'm getting antsy about the whole thing. Does that make sense?

definitely makes sense. like "is it the ovacue or the temps that are right?" is what you are wondering. it's so hard to tell because a lot of things can affect your temp. not sleeping enough, waking up a lot, sleeping with your mouth open, etc. but ovacue is supposed to test on your saliva which i think would be more accurate. i guess we will see. definitely stinks having to play the waiting game with something you aren't for sure about. i think if you two still followed with SMEP though and :sex: enough that your temps and ovacue might be close enough for it to not make a difference? they aren't far off are they?

Well...good question!!! I would think the OvaCue is more accurate than my temps. I do temp vaginally which is supposed to be better but they're still all up and down.

I cant wait to see what happens after a whole cycle for you!

Well...good question!!! I would think the OvaCue is more accurate than my temps. I do temp vaginally which is supposed to be better but they're still all up and down.

You know I was reading a review a few weeks ago from a woman who's been using Ovacue for like 9 years.

Here's the review, I found the last part of her review to be interesting it makes sense.

We have been using the OvaCue with both oral and vaginal monitors and tracking software for maybe 8-9 years. We are Catholic and do natural family planning but wanted a back-up since I am getting older and anticipating menopause. We can not say enough about the benefit of this product. It is a simple tool to help determine fertility as that is what it is designed for, so if it can help you determine when you are fertile it is very helpful for avoiding pregnancy as well...

The key is to follow the directions, especially the morning saliva reading. That reading helps determine that your body is preparing to ovulate. The vaginal sensor then confirms ovulation. I don't see why anyone would not purchase both parts to the monitor, they are both necessary. There is also tracking software available that lets you upload from the handheld to the PC. A wonderful $25 option we would not do without. It is a fairly sensitive little piece of equipment. It has to be!

As far as accuracy and use:
It is nearly impossible for an electronic device to be accurate if it doesn't have data to crunch! This is actual science that doctors are very familiar with. Thus the first cycle could be inaccurate because the program is looking for a pattern of high and low to determine fertility. A few months of data and the device is VERY accurate. Using NFP I am very aware of my cycle to begin with so the OvaCue is just my double-check, but I can still say that even with occassionally irregular cycles it is still very accurate.

So I guess it will take a few cycles to really start being accurate :flower:

Aw! Thanks Moochacha. I have read that before, as well. It takes a few cycles. That made me feel tons better, really! I was really getting kind of down about spending that outrageous amount of money even though it would eventually pay for itself considering I'm not buying anymore OPKs.

wow that is a great article moochacha and makes a lot of sense in this case. hopefully that is just the case for you arein. which i'm sure it is. :)

I think my temp took a turn for the better today. If I keep getting high temps for the next 2 days, my crosshairs wil be on CD15 which is what OvaCue said.

Arein-I love that pic of you!

Aw thanks, my sister is sitting next to me but she hated the pic of her so I cropped her out.
I'm having right sided O pains now. Left sided pains 2 days ago but these are way stronger. Now I'm really mad DH messed up last night's BD!

Ooooh! I've already called DH on this! I told him that we are geting busy when I get home from work! I have to give myself one last go.

hey arein!! i'm hoping this is your cycle.. soo excited :0) i'm ready to get my ovacue in the mail!!! crazy - everything still good???

Everything is going great. I got my last BD in yesterday and I feel pretty good about it. I'm really having some positive feelings about this cycle but I tend to be really positive the first few days after O then I can feel her creeping up on me. Those O pains were pretty strong yesterday and I had that same kind of O pain when I got preg in September so I'm hoping!
Your OvaCue still hasn't shown? I ordered SoftCups at the beginning of my cycle and they still haven't come and now it's too late for this cycle. I'm hoping they show up right around the time I'm getting my BFP!

hey arein! nope. i didn't get a chance to check my mail friday though, so it might be here. it's taking forever, but they stopped all incoming mail for a few days because of the volcano in iceland..so maybe that is why. hoping it's here soon! just so i can play with :) i have my softcups, they didn't take too long to come..you will be like crazy and getting new ttc stuff in when you don't need it anymore, haha. FX'ed and :dust: to you!

Thanks babe. If you play with it, make sure you clear it all out before you start using for real, like Moochacha said it keeps track of all of your information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->