Club OvaCue!

Hi-super busy with work again. Maybe stress is my problem after all.....

Anyway, I started soy isoflavones yesterday but actually did not have time to read how to properly take......is it like Clomid where you only take like 5 days or do you take all month, and how much?

Thanks!

Hi-super busy with work again. Maybe stress is my problem after all.....

Anyway, I started soy isoflavones yesterday but actually did not have time to read how to properly take......is it like Clomid where you only take like 5 days or do you take all month, and how much?

Thanks!

Hey its like Clomid you take it for 5 days :D I'm not sure about dosage amounts or what day is good. If its like Clomid the earlier you take clomid means more eggs the later means a mature egg. If it works like clomid in that sense maybe it would better taking it earlier so it increases your chances if you have more eggs to fertilize they suggest this if you're dealing with male fertility problems. Excited for you hun!!!!

UGH wtf.

CD2 o= 162 v=n/a
CD3 o= 153 v=n/a clomid
CD4 o= 132 v=n/a
CD5 o= 117 v=n/a
CD6 o= 158 v=137
CD7 o= 204 v=212 end clomid
CD8 o= 145 v=211
CD9 o= 99 v=156
CD10 o= 133 v=174 High Fertility on the monitor
CD11 o= 135 v=303 peak? ovulation confirmed?
CD12 o= 139 v=207 high fertility
CD13 o= 147 v=245
CD14 o= 140 v=192
CD15 o= 122 v=181
CD16 o= 131 v=156 EWCM on this day, I never get EWCM.

I had EWCM today, but negative OPK's. This is so confusing.

Titi- If you're taking soy, either do days 3-7 or 5-9, it works just like moochacha said, the earlier, the more eggs, the later, the more mature. 5-9 you're likely to only get one good egg. 3-7 you'll have more eggs but they might not be as good. You normally O earlier though, so I think I'd recommend 3-7.

Emily-BD! BD! BD! You can get EWCM before you O! You want to have sperm waiting for your egg and your body could be telling you O is coming tomorrow, that would be 7 days.

There is a section about using the OvaCue while taking Clomid. I didn't read it because it didn't apply to me but you may want to review it in the manual.

What do you girls think about this...I got my max fertility on cd15. Last night about 4 I started getting the slight O pains and by 9 they were in full swing but yesterday was cd16. I'm trying to figure out if max fertility is the day before O because you need to have sperm before you have an egg? I didn't want to ask Lynn at OvaCue about this because it is sort of subjective. There is no definite correlation between the pain and when the egg is actually released.

Don't quote me on this, but I think max fertility is the day before and the day of ovulation, but not after ovulation. It's really unlikely that sperm is going to find the egg after it comes out if there is no BD before hand, because there needs to be sperm in the fallopian tubes kind of 'waiting'. I think. lol.

The only thing it says about clomid in the book is that you can't get a peak on the first two days you take the meds, which I didn't. I'm still doing my BD thing, haha. I'm actually expecting to get another cue peak here any day, and then a rise in my vaginal readings. If I really did ovulate, wouldn't my body have more progesterone in it still, making my vaginal readings higher consistently? They've been slowly dropping. :(

Titi- just noticed that you started on CD2, which is fine too, maybe even better for you since you normally ov a bit earlier. :) I hope they work for you! If soy works the same as clomid, it may also delay ovulation. I'm not sure if soy does that though.

If what you are all saying is right, then maybe today is my O day afterall. It finally makes more sense that I got a pos opk yesterday on cd 15- the day ovacue said was my max fertility. Ok I feel a lot better now, thanks ladies!

I think if it doesnt happen this cycle..I might try soy also despite what I have heard about not supposed to take it if your cycle is normal. When they did Dh's SA, they said something about the volume being a tad low. We thought it was from his cup anxiety..and they didnt say anymore about it. So maybe it will help!

hey ladies! :wave: it's morning here already. i'm so ready for our four day weekend, so i can sleep all of the time. haha.

arein - okay you were confusing me too, haha. i had thought when titi and all of us went over it over and over that it was the cue peak we count 5-7 days from. and for me, CD14 max fertility would be 6 days from my cue peak, and CD15 would be 7 days. i read on in-gender.com that the day of ovulation actually is not counted as a fertile day on ovacue. so, max fertility day should be the day BEFORE ovulation. kind of your "heads up."

titi - i took soy this cycle. you can take it 1-5 (more eggs), 3-7 (the mid range, more eggs, good quality), 5-9 (one egg, best quality.) i took 120mg my first time this cycle. the average start is between 80mg-120mg depending on what you feel comfortable with.

whit - i have a regular cycle too, and according to all of my signs at this point, and ovacue, i should be ovulating CD15 which is 1-2 days earlier than the last two cycles. of course, it does work different for everyone. i was nervous at first, but i did a lot of research, and saw success with several women using soy with regular cycles. a lot more with success than with failure at least. i think you still have a good shot this cycle though, as sperm can live up to 7 days.

emilyjean - wish i could help you hun, but i'm no expert at this just yet. i know with the vaginal reading it is opposite of the oral reading to confirm ovulation. you need a vaginal low, followed by two vaginal highs to confirm ovulation.

Well thats good to know then, thanks! I have always managed to get BD in before Ov.. but never the day of. This time I did! So I am really hoping that there is no next cycle for me.. but if there is I will defo pick up some soy. I cant wait till the weekend either.. I dont know why, I dont do anything anyway! haha

it's supposed to say soy DOESN'T work for everyone not DOES, lol. i'm sure you figured that out. have my fingers crossed for your girly and lots of :dust: i'm just ready for my ovulation, LP, and nexy cycle and then DH, haha.

If what you are all saying is right, then maybe today is my O day afterall. It finally makes more sense that I got a pos opk yesterday on cd 15- the day ovacue said was my max fertility. Ok I feel a lot better now, thanks ladies!

I think if it doesnt happen this cycle..I might try soy also despite what I have heard about not supposed to take it if your cycle is normal. When they did Dh's SA, they said something about the volume being a tad low. We thought it was from his cup anxiety..and they didnt say anymore about it. So maybe it will help!

Just make sure you put your cm for today and the next few days other wise ff won't puck the right day for ovulation good luck I've got everything crossed for you!

it's supposed to say soy DOESN'T work for everyone not DOES, lol. i'm sure you figured that out. have my fingers crossed for your girly and lots of :dust: i'm just ready for my ovulation, LP, and nexy cycle and then DH, haha.

Im so excited for your next cycle!! :D

Just make sure you put your cm for today and the next few days other wise ff won't puck the right day for ovulation good luck I've got everything crossed for you!

I have no clue what my cm is! Probably creamy as usual, even epo hasnt helped. I dont know though because Ive had a softcup in all day with :spermy:

It's good its working perfectly but I started on CD 8 so I'm not really hopeful that it will work well this cycle but at least I'm getting in some practice :p I'm pretty sure I've missed my peak thingy.

Good morning,

Thanks girls for all the tips on soy-I just checked the bottle and I've been taking 2 38mg pills so 76mg a day-which I guess is a little low. Maybe add a pill today and next few days and stop on day 6. More eggys we want twins!!!!!
I have been afraid to take it before b/c my cycle is sooooooo regular. But having a regular cycle sure hasn't helped me get a baby in 18 cycles so what can it hurt??

Arein-I just saw your post from yesterday about why I put crosshairs in at cd11. It was b/c it was the only day I got 3 consecutive temp rises from and also to equal my normal 14 day luteal cycle. Plus I had a feeling I'd already ov'd that evening when I noticed my bbs were sore going to bed. What do you think?
Glad you got the vg sensor-I think we all should have them as it seems like one of the most important features. BTW-I have read in a lot of different places that each women experiences ov pain differently and you can get before, after or during ov.

Which reminds me, EmilyJean-I have also read it is possible to get fertile patches of cm after ov (I never have though)........but of course I'd recommend to keep on BD just in case!!!! I dunno what to make of your readings yet.

Oh and here are mine:

Cd2 91
cd3 78
cd4 122

Hey I was wondering-you are not supposed to put anything in your mouth before you take reading but I've been temping first b/c you are also not supposed to do anything else/move around, etc. before you temp! For those tempers-what do you do first. You girls should see me juggling around all my fertility equipment at 4:55 each morning other the covers-with my beeping thermometer and ovacue light and alarm going off-bless my dh!

PS-ok Whit I found your chart. I must have missed it in with all that other stuff!

It defo looks like you will prob. ov today!!!!

Hey girls-when you "confirm" ov. through either your chart, opks, hunch-whatever secondary method you are using can you post on here along with what day Ovacue said you were going to OV?

I wanted to double check Whit what your predicted fertility was but now I'm short of time and aren't able to go flipping back through all the threads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->