Club OvaCue!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

i had all my friends that got a :bfp: last cycle and the cycle before to sprinkle baby dust on me, so here's to hoping it works for us both!

:dust: :dust: :dust: :dust:

ZeeZee-Your history isn't boring and I'm so sorry for what you went through. : (
I hope you get a sticky bean really soon. :hugs:

Per request, here is our history: DH & I started dating in 2000 and I was on depo provera. Niether of us had never been or gotten anyone pg.

We built our house in 2003 and planned on getting married but wanted a nice wedding and didn't have a lot of money back then, and we still had a lot of other stuff to straighten out. We finally got engaged in 2007 when we felt everything in our life was in the best place (stupid us for waiting, now in hindsight but oh well, we tried to do right thing). I had come off depo in summer of 2004 and we used condoms only for about a year and then switched to w/d method. In May of 2008 I had my first midwife apt. for TTC as I planned to start soon after wedding. (09/08). All my preliminary blood & pap stuff looked normal/good and I went on prenatals. We officially started trying Jan 2009.
By Oct. 09 I had a transvaginal ultrasound done to make sure everything was okay as far as cysts etc. since no luck whatsoever. This came back clear and also showed a nice ripe follicle.
So then I had cd21 bloods done to confirm ovulation and other hormone levels and that all came back good.
So DH went to our primary for an SA and that didn't come out so great. His count was normal at 45million but his motility was only 49%. This was in Novemeber.
Since then he quit smoking and started eating healthier and taking fertilaid and spemen. Still not even a faint bfp ever.
We have tried about everything imaginable.
We haven't gone back for a recheck SA as our primary dr. did the first one and we've been told that once you go to an FS they want their own anyway, and we just haven't booked with an FS yet as DH is quite sure that we just need to give it time. I am getting VERY ready to book.

Now THATs a boring story.!

Titi - this is not boring at all :hugs: Are you going to see a RE soon? We went to one before we even started trying and she has been wonderful. I think the hardest thing about wanting what we all want so much is the total lack of control we really have over the whole process - I think having an RE helped me feel a teeeeensy bit more in control (although not much!).

Can't wait to hear what the new SA looks like :)

Here's my story...
When DH and I were 20, we got engaged. We had dated for nearly 3 years before this and were engaged for a year and a half before he broke it off. Cold feet and other girls....yes, multiple girls. We were young and stupid and it was a good thing for both of us, actually. About 3 months later, he convinced me that he was ready to try again so we moved into an apartment together (very much against my parents wishes) and lived together for 5 weeks. I moved back out because of reasons mentioned above. I moved in with my best friend to a little apartment and soon after, Luke and I started sleeping together. Not dating, just having sex. I had been exposed to meningitis while working in the ER and the hospital put me on prophylactic antibiotics and I told him my birth control may not work and he didn't care and BAM! I find out at 6 weeks I'm pregnant with Marley. We move back in together, get engaged after 3 months and got married when she was 5 months old. So minus our break-ups DH and I will have our 10 year anniversary Sept. 1st.
I thought I didn't want anymore babies, I had a bad pregnancy with her and hated the whole idea so I went on Depo. When she turned 2 in April of 2008, I started thinking differently. I took my last injection in July 2008. In August of 2009, I saw my doctor. We had been trying for a year and I was ready for some help. He told me I had PCOS and put me on Aspirin, Metformin and Femara. Checked my blood, everything was normal. He never did an ultrasound until I got preg in Sept and started bleeding in October at 5w. Each ovary had 1 cyst...NOT PCOS. I had and early subchorionic and he told me I would miscarry by that Monday, I never did. I called on Tues and the nurse told me "Good, well then hold your breath and wait". My appointment wasnt' for another 3 weeks and they didn't want to do anything or see me or check another ultrasound so I switched doctors! My new doctor checked an ultrasound, I got to hear the heartbeat and see my little bean and 2 weeks later I lost it (10w5d). I never went back on the meds.
I think you all know the rest, right?

Arein - you have been on such a rollercoaster sweetheart. I know you are seeing someone in July and I think that is super positive. I never realized how much some docs just don't know about all of this stuff - I was reading one post where a woman had lots of m/c's and then was diagnosed with Graves - simple blood test an RE would have done, but none of her primary care docs did. I suppose the point is, find someone you trust implicitly to do right by you. You have been through so much, I have everything crossed that you find someone who will do right by you.

xx

AreIn thanks for sharing. I love everyone's stories. I personally don't have anything to exciting. I laid eyes on my husband when I was 19 when I was working at a credit union downtown. I was still with my high school sweet heart at the time, but we were coming to our end, because we were so young and he just was not wanting what I wanted. You would think after being with someone for 5 1/2 years he may know...lol well not when you are young I guess. Anyways when I see my husband for the first time at 19 I told everyone I worked with that I will marry that man. 5 years later at 24 I married him and he is my best friend. Our story is so long I would take me forever to type it, but I do believe in love at first site. We have been ttc for 10 months and he has been checked and he is good. I have been to my gyno and other than my yearly check ups, I have not been checked, but I really have never had issues. I am pretty regular with my cycles, so I just bought ovacue to help me pinpoint my o time! Lets hope it works. I have a feeling I am going to O sooner than what ovacue is saying though based on my numbers I got today.

This is a super sweet story :) I hope the ovacue helps you pinpoint it and you get a bfp very very soon!

Sorry I cant be much help, Ready. Im used to being able to look at charts--since it is the pattern of temps you are looking for.

Our story starts in July 2007, when I was 19-turning 20 that August. Dh worked at a gas station 2 blocks from my house, and I had just come out of a serious relationship with a guy that had 2 kids. (it was awful leaving the kids-their mom was a crackhead that didnt watch them and I mothered them for about 6 months-heartbreaking) So not only did I have to get over him, but his children--which was considerably harder. I knew then I really wanted a stable relationship and children (although Ive always wanted kids-I just wanted them sooner now.) I had a crush on Dh and we flirted whenever I went into the gas station. I needed a job, and to get started rebuilding my life. I had also just quit a really bad drug habit, and I felt really alone. Well I applied and Dh later told me he threw away a bunch of applications and told his manager she should really hire me :haha: So she did, and we started dating about 2 months later. We got engaged two months after that, and married in a park on his lunchbreak on December 31st.

When we started dating in September--we held off until October and didnt have sex until then, and we talked about it and I went off bc. The first year we had to live with his parents for a while before moving into our own apartment.

All the while we had hoped something would happen but it didn't, so we saw a doc in 2008. Dh had a good SA, ran all the blood tests on me, but my testosterone was high so I have been repeatedly tested for that. PCOS was ruled out, but my endocrinologist just repeated a test done for CAH (very complicated--google it if you want) And I'm waiting for the results now. My first gyn put me on Clomid--varying doses but it didn't work. It did, however.. hyperstimulate me and I had 4 bouts of painful rupturing cysts-the last of which in December even though I had been off the Clomid for a year. I had not had any scans or tracking while on the medicine. My doctor got fired for being a womanizer-I don't know the details, but it sucked trying to find someone else who'd help me. Finally I went to a midwife for my yearly in April of this year, and she told me to start temping (I had been considering it anyway) and she referred me to my current doc. The doctor suggested what I would have requested--HSG. She also wanted me to see the endocrinologist to repeat the test for CAH which was what was just done. After I get the results I guess we will talk about the options, and if I dont get pregnant soon, we are going to start on clomid again. I might talk to her about doing femara instead if it comes to that--it makes me a little nervous.

Whit - have you got your results back yet? Have you done the hsg?

xx

Okay I think I learned how to do these little icons..watch out girls..i will be crazy with the dust!!! lol

DH and i's story is pretty long, so i'm just going to sum it up. We met in October 07, I was just out of a year long relationship so didn't want to date. We were off and on until April of 08 until we broke up and didn't speak to each other again until a night in August of 08 and decided to try to make 'us' work. DH shipped for basic in Sept of 08, I shipped in Oct of 08 and we married in Dec of 08. It's been a whirlwind since then. We have been NTNP the entire time we've known each other. DH has a daughter that will be 5 in August and a son that will be 3 in Sep. We actively started to try and conceive in Dec of 08 and he had to go back to the states at the end of that month. :bfn: that month, saw him again in February and tried again, :bfn: that month, and now we get to try again this cycle. Praying that we get our :bfp:

Never! So you are effectively in your third or fourth month of trying - dude, that is tough. I have everything crossed for you that this time is THE time for you :)

xx

oops, i meant actively TTC in december of 09 not 08. so this will be our third cycle actually TTC. the rest have all been NTNP. hopefully it's our last :)

Ok ladies, I am going to stop peppering this thread with posts from me after this LOL. I am trying to work out what day I ovulated - this is the first cycle I have temp'ed, and here is the link to my chart (I hope - I am having trouble with the whole ticker thing):

https://www.fertilityfriend.com/ttc/index.php?interface=0

And here are my ovacue readings:

CD2:113
CD3: 85
CD4: 83
CD5: 106
CD6: 93
CD7: 110
CD8: 134
CD9: 111
CD10: 119
CD11: 103
CD12: 94
CD13: 69
CD14: 82
CD15: 117
CD16: 117

Heeeeelllppppp!!!!!

oops, i meant actively TTC in december of 09 not 08. so this will be our third cycle actually TTC. the rest have all been NTNP. hopefully it's our last :)

:dust:

(and it will be so nice to hang out with your man too I bet :) )

link doesn't work zeezee - try going to sharing on the left hand navigation bar and click on home page set up the URL at the top of that page (not in the address bar, but actually on the page) is the URL you will give us.

link doesn't work zeezee - try going to sharing on the left hand navigation bar and click on home page set up the URL at the top of that page (not in the address bar, but actually on the page) is the URL you will give us.

thanks never - does this work? [note: think it works now, but any any advice on making the ticker thing work would be great!!]

My Ovulation Chart

Id say youre about 4 dpo :)

ready- dust away!

:dust:

zeezee I had an all clear on the hsg :) should be getting the other results by tuesday!

Havent done an opk yet today but I did get a nice temp dip so going to bd this afternoon anyway :)

YAY whit! I am so glad the hsg was clear! That is one huge hurdle out of the way!

Oh, and some more info for those of you know know about pinpoinitng ovulation, I had a scan on Thursday (CD13 and I had NOT ovulated then), I also had a +opk on Thursday morning (CD13) then I had a hsg trigger shot on Thursday 8am. So I am trying to narrow down whether I (a) ovulated on CD14, (b) ov'd on CD15, or (c) never ov'd.

I need to go back to school and take some science classes LOL

judging by your chart i would definitely say you have already ovulated. i would like to say CD14 judged on your chart. your cue peak is CD10. you also have a big spike in your OR CD15. not sure if that would confirm o.. maybe another girl will be able to explain the readings, but based on your chart i would say CD14.

ticker is simple. put this
at the end :)

Id say youre about 4 dpo :)

I know right! It totally looks like CD12 was it - and my last 2 cycles it was, but see post above, def absolutely did not ov on CD12, scan on CD13 showed the two follicles still there. ALTHOUGH - I did have 3 follicles on the Tuesday scan, maybe one released naturally on the Thursday so that's why it didn't appear on the Thursday scan... OOOOOOO - I think that idea!! LOL

I know its the biggest relief in the world!

That dip is lookin good hun Id say you ovulated then :)

judging by your chart i would definitely say you have already ovulated. i would like to say CD14 judged on your chart. your cue peak is CD10. you also have a big spike in your OR CD15. not sure if that would confirm o.. maybe another girl will be able to explain the readings, but based on your chart i would say CD14. i think if you get one more high temp it should give you cross hairs for that day.

ticker is simple. put this
at the end :)

You rock never! Thank you so much :) I am pretty freaked out about this - CD15 is out of whack with my IUI on CD14 so I am feeling a little low about this right now.

Z
xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"