Couch to 5K ?

How is everyone getting on?

Sammiwry are you still trying?

I am now on week 5, lesson 2!

I havent as monkey man has been ill, I've been ill, crazy hours at work I've not had time but I've just entered myself in a 5k for March so will be getting back on it tonight

I've just started this too, am finishing week 1 today.

I started this yesterday! I am doing the treadmill version since it is so chilly out. I did workout 1 yesterday. There were times I thought I was going to die, but I didn't lol. I managed to do all the running intervals! Tomorrow is workout 2, and I cannot wait for it.

I decided I am going to do the Detroit Free Press Marathon in October, so this is definitely going to help me with my training!

Crazy as it sounds I really enjoyed getting back into it again!

I started this yesterday! I am doing the treadmill version since it is so chilly out. I did workout 1 yesterday. There were times I thought I was going to die, but I didn't lol. I managed to do all the running intervals! Tomorrow is workout 2, and I cannot wait for it.

I decided I am going to do the Detroit Free Press Marathon in October, so this is definitely going to help me with my training!

I am doing it on the treadmill too, far too cold and horrible to be running on the road, my excuse anyway.

As a glimmer of hope for you all, this does really work. I was so unfit when i started this, exercise was a total no no for me but after 3 miscarriages and finally conkering quitting smoking (3 months fag free, woopee) i decided to give the couch to 5k a bash. I though i was gonna die after week 1 lesson 1

Tonight, i have done week 6 lesson 3 and ran for 25 minutes without stopping

Completely amazed that i have stuck to it and managed to run for 25 minutes

Good luck to you all, it is possible

Wow!! I need to get my bum in gear and start!! 31st march is getting closer!!

I'm doing another run today, sticking to the treadmill too as it's so cold and windy outside. I completely amazed myself on Monday and ran for 20 mins without stopping, really hoping I can do the same today so keeping fingers crossed

Hows people doing?! New year new start for me!

Christmas got in the way for me :dohh: but did a few sessions last week, will be sticking to it properly from Monday. Have signed up for a funrun in May so need to stick at it!

Hey ladies I just started this today, Day 1. Never been a runner and found it ok. Last 5 mins was sweating like a pig and had to push myself but quite enjoye it :) Hope I can keep it up!

Hi Sammy

Starting back after xmas was an absolute killer as i hadn't run for 10 days. I nearly died. I had managed to get to week 7 before chrimbo but since starting again in the new year i have gone back a bit

I am running 20 mins at the minute and think i will carry that on for this week and then go up to 25 mins next week. I dont think i will bother to listening to anymore podcasts as i don't like it when she says "your half way through", i set the treadmill to 20 min, cover up the screen that shows all the timers and programes and run till it stops! Then start it again for my 5 minute walk at the end. I have run 2 days in a row this week so think i am going to run everymorning to help with my weight loss, i lost 5lb at weight watchers this week

I get engrossed into lorraine or jeremy kyle and the time flies when running

Hi Sammy

Starting back after xmas was an absolute killer as i hadn't run for 10 days. I nearly died. I had managed to get to week 7 before chrimbo but since starting again in the new year i have gone back a bit

I am running 20 mins at the minute and think i will carry that on for this week and then go up to 25 mins next week. I dont think i will bother to listening to anymore podcasts as i don't like it when she says "your half way through", i set the treadmill to 20 min, cover up the screen that shows all the timers and programes and run till it stops! Then start it again for my 5 minute walk at the end. I have run 2 days in a row this week so think i am going to run everymorning to help with my weight loss, i lost 5lb at weight watchers this week

I get engrossed into lorraine or jeremy kyle and the time flies when running

Glad to hear your still going strong with it! I'm starting tonight, Monkey was very ill last week so didnt want to leave him although my mum is obviously capable. Cant wait to get started again!!

Oh my goodness, i am so near to running the 5k now

Since xmas i have just been running for 20 mins, can never be bothered to run anymore

Well tonight, i hadn't run since last thurs, i just seemed to carry on running and i ran for 35 mins without stopping so i covered 2.7 miles (inc 5 min warm up)

Well chuffed with myself :)

xx

Wow thats fantastic I'm at week 1 day 3

Wow thats fantastic I'm at week 1 day 3

Keep with it, it works! I never ever thought i would manage it, i know i am doing it on a treadmill so will be slightly easier than on the road but 35 mins without stopping is fricking amazing in my eyes, lol

I was a right couch potatoe before i started it, and a big smoker but its 4 months tomoz since i quit smoking and i know i defo won't be going back there again, just got to sort my issues with the red wine now, ha! I not been that bad actually since xmas, kept off the booze cos of weighwatchers but i miss me bottle of red on a friday

xx

Woohoo, 5k completed!!!!!!!!!!!!

I did it in 43 mins!!

Now i got to do it on the road

xx

Well done!!!!

I can't manage road running at all, did 7km on the treadmill last week but when I'm n the road 10mins is a challenge

Well done!!!!

I can't manage road running at all, did 7km on the treadmill last week but when I'm n the road 10mins is a challenge

Loui - how long did it take you to do the 7km on treadmill? I just wondering if i am really slow or about normal for a first timer. I started off slow but got quicker as i wanted it over asap, lol! I am only use to running 20 mins so to run 40 mins was a massive improvement for me

I didnt do any last week, need to get back into it! Had a bad ankle, think it was running in the freezing weather :dohh:

i want to do it but 1 i dont wana do it alone and 2 the podcasts wont go onto my ipod touch4 :~( any help haha x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->