• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

December 2014 babies

Floatingbaby - Maybe it was mean of me but I was feeling so rotten and DH made a comment so I shot back with we're waiting a couple of years before #2.:haha:

afm: Met two midwives at different birthing centers.... loved them both:dohh: Now DH and I have no idea how we're going to make up our minds! How did you ladies pick if you had to decide between two providers?

During labour with DD I told DH if he wanted another we would adopt as I would never do that again! :dohh:

OK - midwife problems - I had meetings planned with two, one on Wednesday (2 days ago) and one today (Friday). My Friday apt MW was an absolute dream on the phone. She was sweet and caring and interested and helpful, I pretty much assumed that I would choose her because of how great she was just on the phone.
The Weds MW was just like booking an appt. Nothing special.

Then before my Weds appt I told a friend that I am pg and she said I HAVE to get the Weds MW as she is amazing and wonderful and she had her. As it turned out, my friend was correct and the MW was an absolute dear and set me up for bloods and a scan right away. We had great rapport and I knew I wanted her. But I also knew I wanted Fri MW :dohh: So after MUCH debating and some stress I finally called Fri MW this morning and cancelled our appt. I didn't want to have to make the tough decision.

Part of the problem for me too is that the two are the only MW in town so they obvs know each other. So Fri will find out I chose Weds :( BUTTTT Fri is only in my town on Friday's and her clinic is in the Health Unit (hospital-ish) so those are two knocks against her. But she was AMAZING on the phone again, said if I ever need anything, scan or meds or questions to just knock on her door :cloud9: I <3 midwives!

So, yeah, not helpful to you, but I totally know where you are at and I knew I couldn't make a decision. Do you know anyone who recommends one or the other?

Afm - sick and exhausted all the time. It's getting to be quite a drag and I kind of feel bad for LO as I'm just wanting to lay down all day :coffee: i was up at 3am with nausea and bm :blush: , couldn't fall back asleep, DD up at 430 thinking it was morning and we finally fell back asleep from 6-730am = not enough sleep for this pregnant mama :sleep:

Im so jealous of you ladies trying to make up your mind between midwives. We dont have midwives where I live or I would totally get one. The closest midwives we have around here live 2 1/2 hours away so they can travel but home birth is the only option as the hospital here wont allow them to do anything for the patient. Unless I wanted to dive to them because their town hospital allows midwives to deliver but it kinda freaks me out to drive 2 1/2 hours with nothing in between while in labour. Also considering the women in my family have really quick labours like 1-4 hour labours...lol mine will be long now though just because I said that.

Hi All-

I heard from the doctor today, and my betas were nowhere near where they needed to be. That coupled with not finding anything in my uterus meant they diagnosed me with ectopic and gave me methotrexate. It takes a while to work, but basically it dissolves the pregnancy. I'm so sad to say that I won't be on the pregnancy journey with you lovely ladies anymore.
I wish you all a happy and healthy pregnancy!!!

<3 <3 <3

On my 4th bag of fluids and still dehydrated. I have stopped been sick now though! Really don't know how long I'll be in. Hoping if I can eat my dinner I can go home but After 4000mls of fluids and only 350ml of urine passed I'm not so sure xx

It is well with you dear. God will see you through. The bundle of joy we are expecting worths all the sacrifices.

We are all strong ladies and we trust God to see us through in Jesus name. Amen.

Floatingbaby - That does sound tough! Go with who you feel is best, and even if the other finds out, it doesn't matter. If they know each other they probably help each other out time to time, so they don't hold grudges :) I picked place number 2! They just left such a deeper impression of me that I couldn't change my mind no matter how hard I tried. Really thrilled to have a mw! Sorry you're not getting enough sleep, you'll be getting into second tri and feeling better before you know it :hugs:

Andi - I would be worried to have that long of a drive. The midwife we picked can be an hour away in horrible traffic but if it's not a freaky Friday things are usually fine getting there for us. Do any of the hospitals in your area have nurse midwives? That could be another option to look into.

Mirandala - So many hugs coming your way:hugs::hugs: I'm so sorry

Dragonfly-no we just have one hospital here and only OB/GYNs. I do have a good doctor though so im not to worried. Just always thought it would be nice to have a midwife.

So sorry for your loss mirandala. I wish you emotional and physical healing.

oh Mirandala- Im so very sorry- you have gone though so much- sending you love and healing thoughts xxx

I haven't had much time in the last little while to get on here.. not much new going on with me.. scan coming up on Thus which I am super nervous about!!!

Happy Mother's Day for tomorrow ladies!!

Thank you all for your support! I hope you all have very happy and healthy pregnancies!!! <3

Gaea - Welcome! :)

Bugg - Your scan is going to be lovely, can't wait to hear about it!

Mirandala - Sending you loads of hugs:hugs:

Clacko - I hope you're doing alright:hugs:

Sailorsgirl - How did your scan go?

Keneajay - My due date twin! How are you feeling?

Hope&faith, Shell-bell, MishC, MrsTruth I hope you're all doing well. Any other ladies I forgot, forgive me! I hope you are well too!!

Happy Mother's day ladies!

Happy Mother's Day ladies!!! Hope you are all having a wonderful day!

Happy Mother's Day ladies :kiss:

Andi86 - lol you sound remote! Where do you live?!

I have started taking vitamin B6 and it has improved my life dramatically!! Nausea is really at bay :thumbup:

Floatingbaby - How long did it take to feel b6 making a difference? I'll definitely be starting it up if it's working:thumbup:

Hi ladies,

Mirandala so sorry for your loss. I was finally released from the hospital after my ketones disappeared and I started to eat and drink! Didn't get any sleep in the hospital thanks to some woman next to me screaming and shouting all night and expected the nurses to be just for her! Could of killed her!!

I'm still sicky and not feeling great, I'm now on different meds and taking promethazine, they seem to be working and don't make me feel quite so drugged up. I'm still been sick on and off though and constantly nauseous! I just want to feel normal now. I think if I had remembered just how bad it makes me feel a third might not of been on the cards! Definiately our last now and know it will be worth it in the end.

Hubby has been a little more understanding but still a little grumpy that I'm always poorly!

Hope your all ok xx

Hi ladies

Clacko - good to hear from you! I'm glad you're home. Hope the new meds help xxx

Floating baby - glad the B6 is helping!

Mrsdragonfly - how are you feeling?

Bug222 - good luck with your scan

Welcome Gaea! H&H 9 months to you xxx

I've got my scan today! Can't say I'm feeling hopeful though as most things I've read show that a slow foetal heart beat nearly always leads to a loss. Anyway just want to know one way or another.

Have a great day ladies xxx

Good luck with your scan shell bell! Hopefully they just caught baby's heart beat as it started so is stronger now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->